Monday, January 14, 2013

Today's Reading - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Thought for the Day When we first came into [program], a sober life seemed strange. We wondered what life could possibly be like without ever taking a [drink, bite, hit]. At first, a sober life seemed unnatural. But the longer we're in [program], the more natural this way of life seems. And now we know that the life we're living in [program], the [sobriety, abstinence] the fellowship, the faith in God, and the trying t help each other, is the most natural way we could possibly live. Do I believe it's the way God wants me to live? Meditation for the Day I will learn to overcome myself, because every blow to selfishness is used to shape the real, eternal, unperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power which God releases in my soul. And I too will be victorious. It is not the difficulties of life that I have to conquer, so much as my own selfishness. Prayer for the Day I pray that I may obey God and walk with Him and listen to Him. I pray that I may strive to overcome my own selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment