Sunday, November 10, 2013

100 Gratitudes and Other Great Things

 
Today’s got lost!
I will do again now!

1.    awakened before alarm
2.    went to store
3.    walked there
4.    at 6:37 am
5.    met nice woman
6.    neighbor
7.    now maybe will be friend
8.    talked for like half an hour
9.    exchanged numbers
10.                  beautiful weather while I was out
11.                  got their coffee, which also affects my mood so nicely
12.                  did spiritual work
13.                  meditating a little on steps outside first thing
14.                  then some walking meditation too
15.                  DASH diet meals today
16.                  Shopped for mother
17.                  And self at supermarket
18.                  Visited with mother for like 2 ½ hours
19.                  Then shopped at health food store for self
20.                  Very lucky
21.                  LOVED the lentil soup. It is even better days later. It has, a meaty flavor!
22.                  I DID hear back from L. I’d thought that for the first time he didn’t reply to my email! But he did!
23.                  I have here fresh organic: chard
24.                  Carrots
25.                  Onions
26.                  Garlic
27.                  Celery
28.                  Potato
29.                  Sweet potato
30.                  Apples
31.                  Tomato
32.                  Oranges
33.                  Lemons
34.                  And dried lentils
35.                  And canned lentils
36.                  And other beans
37.                  And chick peas
38.                  And finally – a big jar of peanut butter so it isn’t so expensive.
39.                  Organic
40.                  And does NOT use palm oil! (orangutan torture)
41.                  Really nice talks with A this weekend
42.                  I don’t know if I should or not. But my mother could use a ride tomorrow. Which means lunch and ride and wait and go into office and ride back. 4 hours. I am DESPERATE to do things for self and my new goals. Had WHOLE day planned – over-planned really.  Time to finafuckingly put self first. BUT – she is old and sick and I have been remiss and unfair. And so: I have decided to do it. And I am grateful that I did decide that.
43.                  Beautiful weather all day.
44.                  And – I remembered WALKING. I used to WALK. Always! Happy? Walked. Sad? Walked. Tired? Walked. Excited? Walked. Overwhelmed? Walked. Anything? Walked. And walked and walked and walked. Not for “exercise.” Not for “health.” Not for “mental health.” Only because it felt so good and I loved it. I’m so glad I remembered
45.                  Well, “my” mall – which had gone kind of seedy – has just been revamped. I walked THERE today. LOVED it!
46.                  And will continue
47.                  And – bought a coat. Last year did not have one! Now I have two. Because I looked in his closet, and J had left one here! I will use that for like woods and junk. And my new one for school and going out.
48.                  And I bought a beret (I look cute in berets)
49.                  And a warm hat
50.                  And a scarf
51.                  And gloves
52.                  And my favorites – earmuffs
53.                  All today. And all cheap. I mean REALLY cheap. And I’m glad about that
54.                  And – I took out my red pocket book from like a year and a half ago. And it is NOT too ragged. So I am using THAT again.
55.                  I feel – mostly a lot more cheerful than I have been.
56.                  And I have planned out EVERYTHIN MEAL FOR THE WEEK! This is HUGE for me! Because it removes my emotions from the moment, the fatigue, the worry,. . . the food choices. I just look at th list – I have made sure it is all here and all easy  - and I just eat what it says period the end.
57.                  I used to do this years ago
58.                  And it worked!
59.                  And I am doing it now again
60.                  And it will work this time too!
61.                  I am grateful for Affirmations
62.                  And the book “The Power.”
63.                  And that I sleep.
I must go now to sleep for the night. But I will do more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment