Monday, November 11, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


1.      I just made my bake
2.      With fresh organic (or in some cases frozen organic) garlic
3.      Onion
4.      Celery and tops
5.      Carrots
6.      Chard
7.      Artichoke hearts (not organic – can never find)
8.      Collards
9.      Broccoli
10.   And some breakcrumbs panko Italian
11.   And oregano
12.   Parsley
13.   Black pep
14.   Garlic powder – lots
15.   Organic olive oil
16.   And little Earth Balance
17.   And gardein
18.   And boca both for protein
19.   This is about 5 good-sized servings!
20.   And while cutting up veggies anyway, RATHER THAN WASTE THEM OR go back and do again, just kept doing and threw in pot and whole house smells like my lentil soup now. I am grateful that did it
21.   Both
22.   And I am grateful for the organic green lentils
23.   For the water – as always
24.   For the organic non-chicken broth
25.   And the black pep in the soup
26.   And the parslep
27.   And the sage
28.   And the hot pep
29.   And the olive oil
30.   And the chard
31.   And the carrots
32.   And the onion
33.   And the celery with tops
34.   This should be about 4 – 5 good servings too!
35.   I might get to share some with J
36.   I am doing Affirmations some
37.   And other The Power things, that I’m afraid to put here. Because I don’t want anyone to put ANYTHING negative! But I am doing those things and I am glad I am
38.   Will stretch and walk later. If cannot walk will stretch and something else for exercise; don’t know what yet.
39.   That I finally have a coat. Didn’t at all last winter!
40.   And the gloves
41.   And 2 hats
42.   And earmuffs! I have sensitive ears: )
43.   Books
44.   7-11 coffee this am. There coffee helps my mood. (I can’t make it in my coffee maker, although you can buy the grounds, because they are too fine for it and it just overflows all over !
45.   That I did laundry this am
46.   I shall shower
47.   And wash hair
48.   And put on a little makeup
49.   And decent clothes
50.   And behave with grace and dignity
51.   Have to take mother to the diner place near her. Will bring what to add to what buy and stay on DASH!
52.   I just cleaned out the fridge and freezer. Well, ran out of time and didn’t sponge the freezer but arranged things.
53.   I have SO MUCH healthy food in there! Much more than I’d thought! LOTS of healthy organic frozen veggies. To USE before have to BUY more!
54.   And – I have a Tofurky roast – I’d forgotten all ABOUT that!
55.   And – I looked it up – is still good (phew)
56.   (I don’t like the taste BUT is protein AND expensive and I won’t waste. I will help the taste with veggies and spices and maybe even gravy!)
57.   Did a mitzvah as my Jewish friends call it for someone a little while ago
58.   Meditation
59.   Thich Nhat Hanh
60.   That I have been on FOUR retreats with him! How lucky!
61.   And even though I still suffer, I don’t know WHERE I would be – well – I’m afraid I DO – without!
62.   That I meditating in the parking lot of 7-11 in the dark this am in my car. Still cannot do it here alone, but at least I did it
63.   And – the Choprah 21-day Meditation challenge begins today. I shall try to do all 21 days this time. (Not quite like alone, since online and millions are doing it though no way to know how many at that moment).
64.   My friendship with A
65.   That I am not on online dating sites anymore
66.   Affirmations
67.   Wonderful things about me list. Hope it gets easier to do more soon.
68.   J on phone just told me great idea – take mother and her aide to the lunch and DROP THEM OFF at dr – they can take cab home
69.   I may or may not get self to do that…
70.   I can breathe. I remember when I needed help with that
71.   I can see!
72.   I can speak. I couldn’t once, for the better part of 8 months.
73.   Jokes
74.   Laughter
75.   Kindnesses. Others’
76.   And mine
77.   People who help animals
78.   My fingers
79.   I can walk.
80.   Skirts
81.   That I have a few now: )
82.   Shoes
83.   Boots
84.   “my” oak tree
85.   “my” birds
86.   doing grats with the class the other day. They did so many! REALLY got into it!
87.   HOPE!!
88.   The book, ‘The Power
89.   Books
90.   My book club
91.   I have a car
92.   And a job
93.   And some health insurance. That’s huge
94.   I am ABLE to work
95.   And to support myself. It must be so hard for those who can’t (maybe including J)
96.   Love
97.   Compassion
98.   Bird food
99.   Including fresh organic kale right now!
100. I even have broccoli slaw too (organic)

No comments:

Post a Comment