Thursday, November 28, 2013

grats


these were not finished and not posted but i must post. now i will do my 100 and try not to miss a day between now and next thanksgiving:)
 
1.    I am so grateful for the smile I just had, coming out of the kitchen.
2.    For this life, where I couldn’t predict what was about to happen.
3.    That my carotid arteries are open.
4.    Nice long chat with L this am
5.    “So much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.” Helen Keller­­­­________
6.    Chat with mother little while ago
7.    Visit with M last night
8.    First I went to yarn store
9.    And had to sit in car and stat both. But it was good.
10.                  Ten we had the standard 2 ½ hours of frenetic craziness that is the way she always is and lives. But I am grateful that I was part of it. It is better than loneliness. There was lots of love.
11.                  Then I taught her littlest daughter to knit. THAT was a thrill!
12.                  And she learned it, too. Did 8 rows while I was there.
13.                  And other daughter, with autism, did a stitch.
14.                  My grandmother and mother taught me, and I taught little Je. It was a beautiful feeling.
15.                  M was so appreciative!
16.                  As was her mother, whom we sent little video.
17.                  Oh, and the housekeeper/nanny had made a pureed lentil soup, vegan.
18.                  Healthy.
19.                  Inexpensive
20.                  Delicious!
21.                  Drive home was easy
22.                  Can go to MA’s today. Read. Eat. Chat.
23.                  Can bring own food. We eat very differently. Plus, one of the things she hates most is putting together meals for herself. She is desperate for when she moves to the place and they do that.
24.                  I still feel good when reruns of the old show, Golden Girls” are on in the background. Don’t know exactly why, but do.

No comments:

Post a Comment