Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wonderful Things about Me


Make lists of hundreds and hundreds of wonderful things about you. Keep adding to it every day. (from The Secret website)
1.      I take care of the birds
2.      I do what I can for their *freedom. *
3.      Tuesday now. I play piano
4.      I can get joy from that.
5.      I can *give * joy from that
6.      I am funny
7.      I am quick-witted enough.
8.      I am smart.
9.      I am noble.
10.   I am kind.
11.   I forgive.
12.   I am mostly honest.
13.   I do not break confidences.
14.   I often have a good sense of priorities.
15.   I am very impathetic.
16.   I have energy!
17.   I smile at people.
18.   And it makes them feel good, apparently.
19.   I am bubbly.
20.   It doesn’t take much to make me enjoy.
21.   I am not terribly materialistic.
22.   I try.
23.   Okay. Let’s keep going. Really go for it. The idea here is to have lists of hundreds and hundreds of wonderful things about me (from the book “The Power.” Don’t worry if it’s too petty or anything. Just keep going. I’m cute.
24.   I’m interesting.
25.   I’m quirky.
26.   I have talents like needlework
27.   I am open-minded
28.   I get long with other people very ewll
29.   I am NOT bragedocious. I just quietly do the things…
30.   My students tend to be very happy in class.
31.   I am ALWAYS improving
32.   I have learned to forgive others. And have begun to learn to forgive myself.
33.   I am ethical.
34.   I can be trusted.
35.   I do what I have to do.
36.   I can be fun to be around
37.   I am a really good actress.
38.   I am great at meditation. I strat to change within like 2 breaths.
39.   I straightened my house. Finally. Hadn’t done since April.
40.   I have gotten through growing up with a schizophrenic mother
41.   And the early sudden tragic death of my father
42.   And 2 marriage break-ups
43.   And poverty
44.   And accidents
45.   I once did THIS:
Had 4 accidents (none my fault)
Lyme disease (took 7 weeks for them to diagnose)
Double pneumonia
Spent over a year out of 3 in bed.
No car
No bathroom electricity
No refrigerator
Mice would get in house if I tried to put like container of juice on cold windowsill.
Virtually no money at all
Depression
Loss
Divorce
Neck brace
Pain pills
pain
During that time I:
Got a job
And a second job
Then a better job
Bought a house – having never written a check in my life (except once for wedding gown, with friend’s help!) Bought a house. After 92 banks turned me down!
Got a Master’s degree. Walked with neck brace 3 ½ miles to course at night for some time, for Masters.  Got it. 4.0.
Got tenure.

  That is a lot of accomplishment

No comments:

Post a Comment