Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ok. So. About health.

I have always had a lazy eye since very young.
So I really only have useful vision from one eye.
Maybe born with it.
Maybe from when sister threw me on floor from crib as infant.
We don't know.

And at 26 I was diagnosed with glaucoma.
Then for a bit they said that pressure was low again.
Then in 30's glaucoma for real oh yes.
Am 58 now.

Now have cataracts (each eye) too. And need surgery. Am terrified. Eyes. Always my most important...

Ok.
So I go to the doctor for tests.
And he finds I have, to quote him,  high sugar. Diabetes. Well borderline. You have high sugar. You are diabetic. Well it's very borderline."

And low vitamin D, for which I am now taking a daily supplement.
The blood sugar one is horrifying to me.

Of course I am still obese. And have been for a long time. And sedentary.

Then there is the matter of the colon. Had pre-cancerous polyp. And am late on getting next colonoscopy. I mean, a year and a half late almost.

Well
trying to face those things
And all the mother lawyer stuff
Clean house
and lose weight
Become more postive
AND more loving and compassionate

And I just got a call from my doctor.
My right carotid artery has plaque. I am to take aspirin daily.

Oh my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment