Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today


Tuesday morning now, starting with number 8. I am VERY –VERY nervous. Appointment later with dr about my health. AND before that must spend day settling HORRIBLEY TERRIFYING TO ME mother lawyer stuff omg – that brings up feelings of self-hatred … So – it is EXTRA important that I REALLY think of gratitudes today.


1.      That I had that great day on the recent Sunday.
2.      Woke up not depressed that day. Very rare for a Sunday. But I expect it to keep happening constantly NOW!
3.      And got off the dating sites.
4.      And awakened Monday well too.
5.      I am loving loving loving this book, The Power.
6.      Will finish my book club book this week too!
7.      The mood elevation from the 7011 coffees omgosh!
8.      I am grateful that I do not feel as bad as when I woke up.
9.      7-11 coffee.(I have to either get a different coffee maker and make it and get out for a little walk or something each morning, or change budget and go buy it each morning.)
10.   I am SO grateful for the book, The Power.
11.   And for quotes like this: “Whenever your feeling is in conflict with your wish, feeling will be the victor.” Neville Goddard
12.   I am so grateful for Summer and Jewel singing right now.
13.   I am grateful, I think, for the right to vote.
14.   For freedom of religion definitely
15.   And freedom to select own career
16.   And intellect to have a career
17.   And parents paid for college
18.   And paid for own Masters
19.   God
20.   This: “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win.” Shakespeare
21.   From The Power: “If there is something negative in your life and you want to change it, the process is the same: Give love by imagining and feeling that you have what you want. Remember that anything negative is a lack of love, and so you have to imagine the opposite of the negative situation, because its opposite IS love!”
22.   And this part, which follows: “For example, if you have an illness that you want to be gone, give love for your body being healthy.”
23.   I am grateful for the energy I had yesterday. I left here for work at 6:40 am and didn’t return until 10:23 pm!  And I’m grateful that I had the energy throughout.
24.   A’s friendship
25.   M called this am. I’ve been worried about her; her daughter fell etc. I feel that I don’t do enough….
26.   M.A. and her love for me all these years since 1989.
27.   And mine for her.
28.   My iPhone 4.
29.   My MacBook Pro laptop
30.   At the Board of Ed meeting last night, the people who spoke, were all positive. About the schools. That taxes matter but the education comes first. That was nice.
31.   And the people who ordered the food for teachers for dinner thought of ME! THAT’S a first! They ordered separate broccoli dish for me! I appreciate that!
32.   And – it happened to be delicious: )
33.   Organic peanut butter that does not use palm oil (orangutans)
34.   Ezekial bread (flourless)
35.   That I freeze it and toast it. Helps me to more easily use less.
36.   I am grateful that I can swallow.
37.   And that my mother, who is having swallowing problems again, is not fighting the powder she has to have in her drinks at this time, may it be temporary again. Oh, God bless her.
38.   I am grateful that I have two feet, I really am.
39.   And shoes for them
40.   And two legs. That can walk.
41.   And safe places to walk (s far as I know)
42.   And a *treadmill! * THAT’S fortune!
43.   I’m grateful that I have a car
44.   And that I have hope.
45.   And that I teach children.
46.   And that I like going in. Being with them. Being at work. That’s new to me!
47.   “Your feelings are your god.” Chanakya (Indian Politician and writer 350 -275 BC)
48.   I am so so so grateful that I can breathe on my own
49.   AND – my breath is this fall better than ever. Seems like that is so since (my first ever) flue shot.
50.   I am grateful that I can read
51.   People who help animals
52.   That I am a good teacher
53.   Trees
54.   Leaves
55.   The gorgeous small white snowflakes coming through the shiny gold leaves that morning last week.
56.   I am grateful that I can do laundry here in the house. I didn’t used to like goint out to Laundromat. THAT is luxury. I mean, to
57.   HAVE clothes
58.   Let alone detergent
59.   And MACHINES in which to wash them. Let alone right in my home. It is easy to be spoiled – jaded even. Take things for granted. Gratitudes helps not to.
60.   That my mother loves me.
61.   And I, her. After all we’ve been through.
62.   EJ
63.   Birdie
64.   JJ
65.   ML
66.   J
67.   The “breathing game” with my kids
68.   I have a book
69.   For book club
70.   And can look forward to reading it later
71.   Prayer
72.   Reiki
73.   Mindfulness meditation
74.   Thich Nhat Hanh
75.   K
76.   That I am learning to accept my femininity
77.   Economy not as bad as few years ago
78.   That although it is a little expensive for me, I have health insurance
79.   That I am ABLE to work! I am SO grateful for THAT. Who ever knew I ever would be…
80.   That I can see
81.   That my stomach works
82.   And esophagus
83.   And bladder
84.   Liver
85.   Intestines
86.   Colon
87.   My fingers
88.   On a lighter note, my pretty hair. People even comment on it
89.   Tea. Yogi, “Positive Energy” right now. (Although I might stop buying Yogi, as they put crap in it too, I hear… I forget the details).
90.   That I can drive
91.   And have a license.
92.   My breasts feel good. Like from inside. (Is this related to my beginning to appreciate my femininity again?)
93.   I am grateful that I do not have cancer and never have had
94.   Or heart disease
95.   Or Alzheimer’s
96.   I am grateful that I have books
97.   And bookshelves
98.   And in classroom too
99.   And ebooks
100. And phones
101. And tv
102. And stove
103. And lighting
104. And heat
105. And windows
106. And electricity
107. And a kitchen
108. And Vitamin D pills
109. And aspirin
110. And claritan generic version
111. And eyedrops!
112. And water!
113. And food
114. I am grateful for organic broccoli
115. And that I have found and love chard
116. And for artichokes, my favorite food!
117. And for time off. Like I don’t work 15 hours every day!
118. And that I have a coat this year!
119. And that J does too. Yes, I am grateful for that.
120. That I will not be alone forever. I’m pretty sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment