Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That I slept last night
2. That I dreamt. They were hard dreams, but it’s supposed to be good for your mind, to dream
3. That I can use my thumb. It hurts today and is funky – the knuckle is acting almost broken – I’m grateful I can use it at all
4. That I woke up
5. That I had coffee from yesterday and only had to reheat it
6. That my dr comes today. I need help.
7. That I have 2 third step prayers
8. And say them every day
9. That I have 3 other meditation books
10. That I sent home the homework last night for Cha
11. That we made the banner
12. That I remembered, so I didn’t call in sick today
13. That I got to have time with her and help her this year
14. That Tr and Gl and I will be sensitive to R
15. That the l.r. isn’t messy
16. That I was able to calm my breathing down this morning when I realized how bad it was
17. That while I still feel bad, it isn’t exactly the hole in my stomach I woke up with
18. That my brain controls the parts of my body correctly
19. That I can think
20. That the kids were so happy singing on Fri and yesterday in class (the practice for the music program thing)
21. That Ive already planed today
22. That conferences are almost over, and they’ve continued to go so well
23. That I’m almost done with the blanket, especially since my thumb hurts so much
24. That I’ll get Chinese food today
25. That Field Roast isn’t made of fake stuff. I’ll have to find out if it reacts on me like white flour because tempeh comes from wheat, but I don’t think it will
26. That I ate the potato soup yesterday. It didn’t taste good this time, but was probably still good for me.
27. That I can still afford gasoline for my car
28. That I had clean clothes to wear yesterday
29. That I can see this computer right now. I know I’ve said sight before, but it *is * a great thing and a miracle and I do cherish it.
30. Speaking of repeats, hope.
31. That I had a nice little chat with my mother yesterday
32. That M called me last night to chat
33. That even though things are worse, I don’t live every second in fear anymore.
34. That miracles are possible and do happen and maybe God will do one for me.
35. For everyone who has ever healed from a dread disease.
36. That I’m more grown up than I used to be
37. That I have hope for my health and getting it in order
38. That J and I took ballroom dancing
39. That we’ve walked all those times at PR
40. And BGs
41. That M shared that she cried at every meeting for over a month
42. That Sp told me he used to cry all the time at meetings
43. Hugs
44. I just want sleep. Maybe it’s the sadness or something. But nonetheless I do get the energy to do my job
45. That someday there’ll be more to my life than the job, and hopefully with J
46. That N is happy and in love now
47. KG and her stabilizing influence on us all
48. That I can swallow
49. My daddy buying me my first Daltons, in Bermuda, the dogs and the little girl with the dog and the book, because she reminded him of me
50. That store, with the long wall full of the big ladies
51. The one J and I bought on our honeymoon
52. Bright red
53. Earth beneath my feet
54. Foot-foot walking
55. That I’m not bedridden
56. That I get to engage with others all day
57. That maybe this weekend I’ll see friends. I have an idea to go with MA to pick a gift from me for A
58. And an idea to buy some clothes, or maybe next weekend
59. That I will be frugal in the buying
60. That I have good hair
61. And nice eyes
62. And a warm smile
63. That you can see my cheeks again
64. That J noticed that (months ago)
65. That I have those sort of dimple thingies
66. That really, God has given me all I need.
67. Collective unconscious
68. That I passed my comps for my masters
69. The book by John Robbins that really got me thinking
70. Every day those beautiful pigs have before the horrible event
71. That I no longer have the “bowling ball in my chest.”
72. G, and how good she was to me as a mentor
73. El and how nice she was to me
74. Eth and how she was nice to me too
75. MD and how she helped fill my shelves
76. L and how she seemed to take to me
77. JMcC and how she got who I was with kids
78. That I was opened up to different religions and races and nationalities and beliefs
79. JR and how I learned something about democracy from her
80. Artist in Residence program
81. The nature park and how I did it
82. And the book P and I made
83. The Fri lunches we used to have
84. Embroidering the pillowcases, and how I enjoyed it
85. Breathing *out * and my lessons about it from K, and from A
86. Those fabulous tai chi classes, and how I appreciate them now
87. Our thin slat oak floors
88. The connection between me and J
89. Growth for J
90. Vows, may he remember them
91. Learning more about the fourth step
92. When I finally learned the real reason for the stream tables
93. The 2 visitors in class yesterday, teaching
94. And the one who is coming today
95. Clever inventors, who invent things that do not hurt the earth
96. Scientists and others who are working to save the earth for us all
97. People who are not greedy
98. Lessons from Em and M
99. That we will probably get to see them soon
100. Baby animals

No comments:

Post a Comment