Sunday, March 6, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. The book, Codependents’ Guide ot the Twelve Steps by Melody Beattie
2. A good day yesterday. A couple of down minutes, but mainly good
3. The most recent oa meeting I went to, and the way we looked at the tools ad step. And people were nice to me.
4. That I was able to go there alone. Not too paralyzed to go.
5. That I have a car
6. That it is safe
7. That I got it inspected last week. By myself.
8. That he filled the tires with air
9. That that gauge does work, after all.
10. That I got the oil changed last week. By myself.
11. That I didn’t have to pay for a cab, because it was so close to work.
12. That he gave me such a reduced rate on both.
13. That my car is pretty
14. That it is the color it is
15. That it is the age it is
16. That it has the mileage it has
17. That John helped me so much in finding it
18. That it has a 6-CD changer
19. The way the gear shift works
20. HFS yesterday and NOT overbuying
21. That I went to the library yesterday and returned the three dvds
22. That I went last week and returned the four books
23. That I renewed the one
24. That I picked out another dvd for myself. (All these are firsts).
25. That before that, I went to the electronics store by myself.
26. That I bought a digital recorder, and asked questions of the guy in the department and then the area where they know such stuff.
27. That I had NO PHOBIAS about doing these things!
28. That I took the elevator in the place I went to with M and the girls for lunch last weekend
29. That I am not feeling awkward with what the neighbors might think, like I used to
30. That that neighbor’s grown daughter was so nice to me that day when I was coming home loaded down with stuff
31. That I did some computer stuff like vb while had on movie yesterday afternoon
32. That doggie was here!
33. That her hair was cut
34. That she smelled delicious
35. That I bought her a new toy she likes
36. That we found the old one she loves
37. That she’s here today
38. That J and I are getting along so nicely
39. That we will see my mother today!
40. That I took her shopping yesterday
41. That I am eating better
42. That I have lost 5 ½ pounds
43. That I’ve been making friends with Ma
44. That MA and I are so close - again? still?
45. That I saw The King’s Speech
46. That I saw it three times
47. That I get to go to the movies
48. That I get to go sometimes for free
49. That I went with St
50. That I went with my mother
51. That I went with MA and ML
52. That my l.r. is in order
53. That I played Mozart yesterday and the day before
54. That I might buy myself flowers today
55. That I so look forward to morning, when I can do my 100 gratitudes!
56. That they are already affecting my life
57. That I have had (a pretty *easy *) abstinence for about 3 or 4 days!
58. That it seems related to the gratitudes, though I didn’t’ expect it to be
59. That Sp helped me and gave me extra time the other morning, when that bad stuff came out
60. That my dr was here Fri for a session. That, I think, helped make the weekend easier too
61. That I made my mother’s recipe of pasta fagioli yesterday and ate a nice healthful bowl of it
62. That I used whole grain pasta and added the 4 fresh tomatoes so they wouldn’t go bad, and the leftover jarred sauce too, and less of the pasta and more of the beans (because more sauce)
63. That I shared the recipe with the vb
64. Jen from California
65. That I am not quite the nervous wreck I was for days last week
66. That I finished the report cards Fri at 4:10
67. That M brought her little daughter M to play piano for me in my classroom
68. That M also was so comforting about that really difficult report card and the help she was willing to give
69. That under the nervousness I still do have, there is a little bit of calm
70. That I start every day with prayer, and have since mid-November
71. That I got to sleep with Little-dog last night, the little sweetie
72. That I have love in my heart for her, and generosity regarding what is best for her
73. That my urinary tract works. Brb lol
74. That my intestines and bowels work
75. That I am blanketed in a big comfy robe right now
76. That I have 2 robes. There are people who don’t have a bed, and I have 2 robes
77. That I have a Sleep Number bed
78. That I have a heated mattress pad
79. That I was in plays
80. That I directed Once upon a Mattress
81. That I get along with the other adults at school
82. That my principal seems to respect me
83. That I work hard and do a good job
84. That my parents paid for college
85. That I have 3 degrees. I say that not for prestige, but because all 3 have helped/help me. And others
86. The book, For Today
87. The book, Voices of Recovery
88. The big book
89. Starting my days with them
90. All people who have ever done service
91. K, and all she’s done for me
92. O, and her friendship
93. Bright white. I am looking at a throw pillow now, and it feels good just to look at it
94. The lakes at the park near me
95. The river in the woods a pretty long drive away, where we’ve walked and walked with doggie
96. Her off-leash walking in front of me
97. J making sure I’d be in front of him, to experience it
98. Hope
99. Photos of exotic locals
100. Doing the 100 grats a day

No comments:

Post a Comment