Monday, March 7, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful

1. I had time with J and my mother yesterday
2. I was able to eat at the diner-type place
3. I slept last night
4. P was so happy when the three of us were here together. It was visible.
5. The new washing machine came.
6. It worked so nicely.
7. J helped me get it going
8. J helped me with the digital recorder
9. Good oa meeting
10. Visited MA
11. Had lots of greens
12. Have homemade food in fridge and freezer right now
13. Made coffee this morning
14. I am grateful for my ability to move about the house and do things – to move about the world
15. My comfy warm pink slippers
16. Sh called me and I called her back and we talked
17. Saw Jo yesterday and it was so nice to see her again and she loves me
18. The prayer I read today in Voices of Recovery: God please help me do your will. Short and sweet and I can use it a lot maybe.
19. My eye doctor
20. My shrink
21. My regular doctor
22. My clean catheterization
23. My colonoscopy doctor
24. J caring still
25. J wearing his wedding ring
26. Hope – it might all work out
27. Time to become whole. Because yesterday I feel back so quickly – as soon as he opened the newspaper, I sat and opened a magazine I didn’t at all feel like reading just to be with him and doing the same thing. I need to grow to be a more full person.
28. The pretty rug by the front door
29. That I meditated for 10 minutes on Friday
30. My star named after me
31. The papal blessing on our marriage
32. The minister who married us
33. Hand cream
34. My white spring jacket
35. VT magazine
36. That so many people wrote to say they loved my mother’s pasta fagioli recipe
37. Noni
38. P when I was little
39. Uncle C
40. Uncle
41. G
42. Aunt J
43. Aunt M
44. Uncle Ja in later years
45. That great time we all had here
46. Our part
47. The mulled cider
48. Come on, some things not about him – come on – the woman who first introduced me/us to the idea of 100 gratitudes a day
49. The R. sangha
50. The first sangha I ever went to
51. G
52. Tai chi
53. Mindful walking
54. Foot foot walking
55. Reikiing that squirrel in the H.P. woods that day
56. The innocent, easy laughter of little children
57. That I’ll probably buy (cheap) flowers for myself this week
58. That there are so many oa meetings
59. That St called yesterday and I called her back too and talked
60. That the blanket I’m crocheting is coming along. I shall do a bunch this evening. Yes. Even with tv is fine today. That’s a good way to relax.
61. My favorite hfs.
62. Tenners. They’re fun and although I could never belong, I like to lurk there
63. That I have this blog
64. And a clothes dryer
65. And a light downstairs
66. And a downstairs
67. And good climate where I live
68. Spring is really coming – we can feel it
69. The coffee tables and two end tables
70. The “Mommy I wuf you” wing chair
71. The fireplace tools and screen that are so old
72. Lessons from FM.
73. A chance to become more mindful. More and more mindful.
74. That Jo was so interested in what I had to say/share yesterday
75. That I have been so healthy lung-wise this year
76. That it took so little to straighten the kitchen yesterday
77. That I was able to get all the groceries I need Saturday
78. That my new detergent happens to be “he” for the new maching. That worked out.
79. Jigsaw puzzles
80. Jane Woozer Scott
81. Tudor England books
82. A movie sitting in the den in case I “need” it
83. I have lived through everything so far
84. This weekend wasn’t as bad
85. P is back where she’ll be happiest for these next few days instead of alone here
86. Glax.
87. When I was able to help P become cuddly, with Glax’ help
88. E. and all she does to help and save so many animals
89. All vegans
90. That I am a vegan
91. That I don’t buy leather, wool, fur, silk, pearls…
92. My idea about treating myself better. That what if J said “Oh my God what have I been thinking? I love you so much.” And came back. And stayed forever. How would I treat him? Well, why don’t I treat myself some of that way at least
93. The idea of a “lazy day.” Might start incorporating that on Sundays
94. Step work. In both programs. The one where I’m on step 4 and the one where I’m reading about step 1
95. That I have two programs
96. That my basic needs are all ok – Maslow-wise
97. That I take care of them myself
98. That I laughed yesterday. Out loud. Over the video H shared and the joke J shared
99. My fun and comfy friend R when I was in second grade
100. That I get to teach children.

No comments:

Post a Comment