Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. Sitting on the other side of the couch, that feels brand new
2. Everyone who lived through the earthquake and tsunami
3. People helping each other at such a hard time
4. Light colored lamp shades
5. My parents buying me Sonnets form the Portuguese when I was a teen
6. Them noticing the thing I liked and cared about
7. My upright (not console) piano
8. The comfort I have on these piano keys
9. J realizing that right away the day we found it
10. All the great foods J’s mother made for us
11. His father giving me Tang all those times
12. His father giving me late summer little plums all those times
13. The jokes we’d tell and laugh at at that table
14. My appreciation now of things
15. The Razor’s Edge. I used to hate it – not get it – now I appreciate it
16. Y.T. ‘s time in my room
17. And that it is over now
18. And that she was grateful
19. Lunch yesterday with M
20. That M will probably trust me with the money thing
21. That the group does
22. That I am the treasurer
23. That I *am * trustworthy that way with money
24. Doggie in bed sleeping with me last night
25. And me giving her treat this morning
26. And how she and H share toys over there
27. And that she has the sense to let him eat first
28. The patterns on the seats of our d.r. chairs
29. The color gold
30. Purple
31. Bright rec
32. Yesterday’s am meditation and the people on that thread
33. Art
34. Living near great museums
35. Dictionaries
36. Online dictionaries
37. The ML site I showed YT yesterday about reiki
38. Not having seen any horrifying nightmare inducing images yesterday
39. My safety
40. That I washed my hair yesterday
41. Gel
42. Spray – I may use them both infrequently, but I like them
43. Reverse Lift
44. My makeup – I hope to start using it again soon
45. More inner peace than I had years ago, anyway.
46. Time today to do reading on program, marriage…
47. Beautiful weather it feels like so far today
48. Easier teacher treat this year
49. Word Mines
50. Online word mines
51. The book of word mines J made for me
52. MA saying we will get back together it will just take time
53. Dr saying J belongs here
54. Gas hot water heating
55. Furnace got us through another year
56. Will do laundry this weekend
57. Did dishes yesterday some more
58. The tofu “pesto” recipe is so much healthier than the Italian one I used to make – tofu not cheese, so much less oil, more veggies
59. Broccoli with garlic sauce and brown rice yesterday
60. More kale salad
61. Writing down every penny I spent last week
62. That I bought this house
63. That we refinanced this house
64. That union people are standing up for collective bargaining and rights
65. That we are not in a world war
66. Sunrise
67. Sunset
68. Sunset over NJ
69. People who do their jobs well
70. All those vb polls I used to do
71. Tutoring opportunity
72. M’s promised help with it too
73. Opportunity to make a book out of the polls
74. Sitting her this morning in no rush with oa work and grats and coffee. Will call sponsor and then vb and some coda or oa or marriage reading or step 4 work
75. Enough sleep last few night after a couple without enough
76. L’s hand feeling better
77. My toe that I think I broke falling on birthday night, starting to feel better
78. That I don’t smoke anymore and haven’t for 22 years
79. That I am eating better lately
80. Organic peanut butter
81. Fresh fruit and that I am having at least one every single day
82. That we are allowed snack time every single day (and recess every single full day)
83. That moving our bodies is encouraged more
84. That I will probably start going to the gym this very coming week! And get a helper the first time or two or at least arrange for one
85. That I’m deciding about cleaning the house
86. That I still have a waist
87. That I looked at myself in the mirror naked yesterday, lovingly.
88. All the years I was and felt sexy
89. The clothes I used to have
90. Comfortable shoes
91. The open sneakers I was able to wear to work yesterday
92. Will ask Maria this week about the TNH retreat possibility next fall
93. Good talk with L just now – and how much we have in common from our childhoods etc
94. Ability to do my own laundry
95. The things I have accomplished in life
96. Gonna meditate in a few minutes
97. That G and then TNH and his monks and nuns taught me to meditate!
98. That MA is enjoying being a grandmother
99. TV, sometimes
100. That I was able to relax Thurs night and last night

No comments:

Post a Comment