Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. My aunt Rose’s life
2. Our sleepovers there when we were little
3. Her great academics and teaching
4. Her bringing us to her school for the day a few times
5. The green stamps
6. Her taking us to a store, and saying pick anything you want (or from a certain section, or my mother saying only so much) and us leaving with the cart full of her stuff and ours
7. Sleeping in the rose room
8. All the dinners at her house. All the beautifully set tables and big dinners and hours and hours of nice times around her table with family.
9. That I could get the day to go to her wake and/or funeral today
10. That J is coming, at least to the wake
11. That maybe this hole-in-my-stomach feeing won’t always last
12. That I am taking better care of myself
13. That people come on the meditation thread and do it and share
14. Lifeline magazine. I have to get a subscription soon
15. That I could even consider such a thing. That I am in a position to.
16. That my father always said I would go to college. And that has enabled me
17. That my parents paid for college
18. That J and I met with B yesterday
19. That starting today, my finances get in order, period
20. That M loves and trusts me
21. Every conference has gone well so far
22. Mrs. L was so loving to me and even kissed me
23. Mrs. La said such beautiful things about me to me
24. Mrs VV heard the need
25. People who put their integrity into their work
26. My AW peeps
27. T’s and what I get from watching them
28. The commitment to exercise I can feel starting in me
29. I am safe and clean and dry and sheltered
30. I have the luxury of as many baths or showers as I want
31. I have a washing machine
32. I have a dryer
33. I have room for storage downstairs
34. I have stuff to store
35. I have supermarkets nearby
36. I have drugstores nearby
37. I have department stores nearby
38. I have home type stores nearby
39. I have big box stores nearby
40. I have health food stores nearby
41. I have dog food stores nearby
42. I have vets nearby
43. I have doctors nearby
44. I have florists nearby
45. I have stationary stores nearby
46. I have TJ nearby
47. I have shoe stores nearby
48. I have discount stores nearby
49. I have furniture stores nearby
50. I have bookstores nearby
51. I have diners nearby
52. I have restaurants nearby
53. I have ethnic restaurants nearby
54. I have vegan restaurants nearby
55. I have theaters nearby
56. I have parks and nature nearby
57. I have nature on my own premises
58. I have a beautiful, old oak tree out front
59. I saw buds on a tree or bush thing down the block Sat while walking Ph. First like that I’ve seen this year
60. The kids’ reaction to the few snowflakes the other day. Tongues out to catch them. Sweet.
61. All the b’day cards I got from the kids.
62. The necklace R. made for me
63. Mrs. E and how she makes me the kasir.
64. Mrs. K and how she always brought the vegan cookies for me
65. That I will use whole wheat couscous in the braised cabbage dish instead of risotto, which is white flour
66. That I went to that meeting the other night
67. That Ma drove
68. That we got there safely (she drives fast)
69. That we got home safely
70. That it was so positive, with so much recovery
71. That I just laid on the couch and watched tv and dozed last night
72. That I kind of like that lately
73. That I don’t put myself down for it
74. That I grew up with my religion
75. That I got a Masters in it
76. That I prayed
77. That I went to Mass often, even daily as a child
78. My First Holy Communion
79. My 5th grade leading the First Holy Communion
80. That J. was one of them
81. My 8th grade crowning the statue of Mary
82. That J remembers that
83. My pink dress with white or whitish trim for 8th grade graduation
84. My amethyst ring present for 8th grade graduation
85. My 8th grade graduation party
86. That we had a pretty house
87. That I had my own room
88. That we had a yard
89. The built-ins in my room in the other house
90. How I loved to read myself to sleep at night with my book light in that first house
91. The brand-new kitchen in the second house
92. “I know where they’re going” and Je telling me that sentence
93. That Me was able to get through yesterday with all its challenges, despite her stress
94. That I too, got through yesterday with its challenges, despite my stress
95. That Tr was so understanding about me probably not making it later
96. That maybe I will make it
97. The welcoming feeling at the meeting the other night
98. Meeting potential tonight. And every night
99. That people say I need to just say yes to every invitation right now
100. That going to the library every Saturday is sort of becoming a habit

No comments:

Post a Comment