Friday, March 25, 2011

Today's 100 Gratitudes

I am grateful:

1. For my thumb. Now that it may be broken, I realize how very much I use it and it helps me. Thank you, Thumb.
2. For my other thumb too
3. For meditating every day that I do it. May I do it every day.
4. For the breathing game in class yesterday.
5. For P taking me out to lunch the other day
6. That I have a day when I need one for the dr, like today
7. For M.
8. For me being able to help her too
9. That I was able to do sub plans today
10. That I am able to type today
11. That I can still type my gratitudes today
12. That maybe J will bring Ph here later
13. That I will be taking good care of myself. From now on, period.
14. That J says *we * can see M and E soon: )
15. Hope
16. Prayers
17. That Mary prayer my mother gave me, in her writing, and which I still have, and which I also found online
18. Dvds for class especially science, social studies, and literary
19. PTA sending home request on our behalf
20. That I have someone to call in the mornings
21. That I received a few program call messages this week
22. That I will call them back
23. That St will be back from vaca very soon, maybe even today or tomorrow
24. That my mother is praying for M. I wish I could get her to pray for me, but that would hurt her because she’d worry. But I’m grateful that she’s praying for M
25. That most of my body is physically comfortable
26. That I probably don’t have a dread disease
27. That my eyes still work
28. That I am feeling so vulnerable, because that is the impetus to take care of myself
29. That I am growing and will be able to be a better wife
30. God help me. Hard. So hard to do the 100 today. But I will keep going. I am grateful that I keep going
31. That I walked when I had to, with neck brace and pain pills, but got to my masters classes
32. That J loved me. And maybe can again. Maybe. Oh please God.
33. That I can and will work on step 4 and move on in the steps.
34. Timers
35. Students’ hugs
36. Students holding my hand
37. Students going out of way to not hurt my thumb the last two days
38. W better after his emergency surgery
39. That just now, after number 38, when I called Sp, he was talking about how he appreciates teachers.
40. And sad we have to pick it up tomorrow
41. And about having gone to that Buddhist place. And the peace he found there. And the program and literature they gave.
42. That J asked if I was all right this am
43. That I will probably be here when he gets here later
44. That maybe he’ll care
45. That I will ask my dr if he can come later
46. Oh God help me. That maybe I’ll get through the weekend
47. For all the help you’ve already given me, like when my mother was in intensive care all that time
48. And getting the Sc job
49. And J getting better last Feb
50. That Indra called. And I will call her back
51. That I can read and do oa and CoDA work today
52. And maybe sleep or clean something
53. That I will leave for dr in a few minutes
54. That I am able to go to the bathroom
55. That vegetables are available to me
56. That F mother was apparently not at principal to complain about me
57. That she, principal, does seem to hear me
58. That the newer conferences have also gone well
59. That God might help me
60. That God *can * help me
61. That Mary might intercede for me
62. That I used to be able to say the Rosary with my class, at Catholic school gr. 4
63. That we went over to Mass the day little J was having surgery, and prayed for him
64. That R was carrying around his little present yesterday, and it seemed to bring him comfort
65. Mrs. E and that maybe we’ll have tea together
66. And she tried to help me, about Dr. Oz and his books
67. Every time J and I have visited at the R’s house in Junes
68. The plays those kids put on for us
69. The voice of K’s niece
70. The little Wizard of Oz play(s) I put on at other school with grade 3 in that extra room
71. When I had the biggest (one of 2) room in the district
72. The big production I put on there with gr. 5
73. The nature day fair I ran. It was amazing
74. Everyone who helped on it
75. CM getting the thing off my dress in the am
76. My mother helping me get that done
77. My wedding day with J
78. Our first anniversary, and what we gave each other and what I did to afford it, and what he said to me
79. The way he proposed
80. Our wedding night. He was so beautiful to me, despite exhaustion. Made a real memory.
81. That maybe this sadness won’t always be here to this extent with me
82. Every moment I have felt happy.
83. The states song, and beginning it with the kids. It’s fun.
84. That I was nice yesterday.
85. That I have been trying to not bother J
86. My dr’s new idea about what to say to him to help *him *.
87. Ph getting so much woods time lately
88. Maybe I’ll be walking in woods with them soon
89. Sunrise
90. Untainted food and water
91. That that person gave L my book to give back to me
92. That even though I like them, I do not eat eggs anymore
93. Urine
94. That I will try to drink more water
95. For all these thoughts today
96. For thoughts
97. For my memory
98. For my breasts
99. For the beautiful nightgowns I have owned
100. For a bathtub
101. That I was able to get to 100 (and 1!) today.
102. That the timer rang just as I finished 100

No comments:

Post a Comment