Monday, August 18, 2014

The Magic Aug 18


Aug. 18

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this growth. This time even.
Because in important ways I am – fuller – stronger – more grown-up and better than a few years ago. The worst thing I thought could happen to me, J. leaving, was actually needed.
Thank you thank you than you!

I am so happy and grateful for this opportunity, this day. It is Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix WITH OTHERS in a private fb group.
Because we will support each other – have started to already, days ago in advance, and we WILL do it!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my commitment I’d made to cleaning up more and more this week!
Because it is changing things for me. And I’ve even built in rewards like new plants.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for J. calling yesterday eve and asking me out for dinner tonight.
Because it really SOUNDED like a call for a date and was so nice and I think we’ll have fun!
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am truly blessed that I am ENJOYING my freedom right now.
Because I think we might well get back together. And if not, I’ll get with someone else. And it’ll be great either way. But meanwhile, I am free to not be “on.” To take up the whole bed, to follow my own schedule, etc etc etc. Enjoy it while have it. (Although looking forward to giving it up lol)
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my evening with my dear birds last night.
Because I was playing piano and for the first time ever they flew right around me, including inches from my hands. And Summer – the shyer one(!) – perched ON the piano for a moment!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for having made the chili last night
Because although I burned it a little, it is healthy, it is ready, it tastes ok(ish lol) and it is portioned.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you that I did the laundry and dishes last night.
Because that got me a good start for the day and the week.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for health and life and hope
Because  it is wonderful having them. And it is wonderful appreciating them.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my moving more now than in years
Because it is good for my health and my emotions both.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      J called
2.      Asked me out for dinner
3.      Was really like a date
4.      Birds flew around me at piano
5.      Summer even perched
6.      My closeness with my very dear dear very close friend, A.
7.      Enjoying my freedoms now
8.      Book
9.      Slept well
10.   Awoke happy
11.   Nice chats with mother and with MA
12.   Helped mother with pain and pills. Yay. Was there for her
13.   Cooked the chili
14.   So much good healthy food in fridge
15.   And water
16.   Shakeology
17.   Communicated with 21 Day Fix peeps.
18.   Breathed well and wanted meditation for this week
19.   Made schedule for today

Thank you thank you thank you!

J
1. Thank you, J, for the phone call 
2. Thank you, J for the date
3. Thank you, J, for suggesting that I pick the place
4. Thank you, J, for knowing I'm a wonderful person
5. Thank you, J, for working hard
6. Thank you, J, for taking better care of your health
7. Thank you, J, for taking such GREAT care of doggie!
8. Thank you, J, for helping my mother so MUCH!
9. Thank you, J, for taking good care of your car
10. Thank you, J, for being good with money

Thank you thank you thank you!

Health 
1. Thank you, Life, and Health! "When you have your health, you have everything." Opportunities, the day...
2. Thank you, Eyes, that I may see so much beauty in our world.
3. Thank you, Ears, for the sound of the birds and the music and French and loved ones' voices.
4. Thank you, Heart, that you are strong
5. Thank you, Breath, I truly appreciate you!
6. Thank you, Ability to Swallow unaided. I know some people have trouble with that and i appreciate you.
7. Thank you, Muscles, for the ability to exercise, keep getting stronger, and do everythign every day!
8. Thank you, voice, for speaking for me
9. Thank you, LIver, for cleansing
10. Thank you, Kidneys, for your strength.

Thank you thank you thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Just recently discovered your blog and I've enjoyed catching up on your last few posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thank you so much for saying hi! I just went to your blog. It is deep and beautiful. As you can see mine right now is mostly gratitudes. I have read the book, "The Magic" (3rd I think, after "The Secret") and it has been helping me. I hope to see you again! I wrote here because was unable to comment on yours.

    ReplyDelete