Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Magic August 6


August 6

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have so many things I can easily take for granted!
Like my eye drops!
Because they save my vision! And I have them enough for every day! That is fortunate!
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am so happy and grateful for the 21 Day Fix
Because although my eating isn’t perfect (!), there are changes! I will post them separately!
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am truly grateful for foods.
Because  I have access to good foods! Lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, whole grains, vegetables, fruits. Fresh. Dried. Frozen. Canned. A lot organic. Wow.
Yes, I eat outside of these groups too, but the point is, I have access to all of that!
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
With all my heart, thank you for water.
Because  to have total access to water is an incredible gift.
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

And
I am truly blessed to have a bed.
Because not everyone does.
And I tend to not so much take it granted as I didn’t sleep in it for a long time.
Thank you for my bed. And thank you that I sleep in it again!
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am so happy and grateful for a home.
Because it is also very lucky that I do. Yes, I work for it, it is tiny, and it needs work. But it is shelter! And even has charm. And is mine.
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am truly grateful for a car.
Because I get, comfortably, to work, friends, stores, movies, restaurants, library – I can get to many many places. I COULD get to beaches, parks, I HAVE gone to city…
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
With all my heart, thank you for books.
Because I ~enjoy~ them, period
Thank you thank you thank you.

And
I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for friends.
Because they are very important to life.
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the birds
Because they are here, and healthy and happy and singing and talking and flying and eating and bathing and playing, and I love sharing my life with them.
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am so grateful for coffee.
Because I wake in one mood, and have coffee and get to feeling more positive.
Thank you thank you thank you!

And
I am very very fortunate each day, yes. I have vitamins and 2 pills I need, and 4 good limbs and vision and hearing and speech, my washing machine, dryer, and a place to hang clothes to dry. A closet, a job, my mother, her aides what a relief, makeup, sandals, pedicures, sneakers, an exercise mat, dumbbells, my piano, a tv, electricity, phones, cell phone, hope., mindfulness, 5 mindfulness trainings, … so much.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Went to lunch with m and 2 people from work
2.      Had very nice time
3.      We all did
4.      Did my exercise
5.      It was yoga, which I have hated but yesterday – I – LIKED it! Omg!
6.      Did magic Rock Practice

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment