Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Magic Aug. 3


Aug 3
Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this health food store near me! These two pics together represent less than one SIXTH of the fresh organic produce in the store!
Because it is SO helpful to me! Even just to stand there and see the colors, the textures, inhale the scents,… is an experience I love.
Thank you thank you thank you!




I am so happy and grateful for this exercise!
Because it is having more benefits than I would have ever DREAMT of! My body is changing / I FEEL my muscles as I move about or even sit / I am PROPELLED up the stairs in front of my house! / I have more CONFIDENCE! /  I have more positivity! / My ENERGY is higher / I FEEL the results of EVERY session /  I feel the results all the time – till the next session / Each session I feel them more!
I know some of this, like energy, is due to eating better, including Shakeology, but exercise has been the start of it all for me. I am so grateful!
(Using 21 Day Fix with Autumn Calabrese dvds)
The first day I used no weights. Rest of first 3 weeks used 3 lb weights for everything. Starting 2nd cycle ( in it now) am using 3 and 8’s.
First round lost 7 pounds and 6 inches also.
___


I am truly grateful for French!
Because I love French! That language is a beautiful music to me. Tried to write poem to that effect once (in French), and showed it to colleague from France - who said that it is just not said that way. That my expressions, while translated correctly, were not at all the way a French person would say them! Ahhhhh!

But now, I *have* a wonderful French teacher! And - I had another lesson with her today. I love my French lessons! Happy happy - finally doing something I've ~always~ wanted to do!
__


With all my heart, thank you for this lovely and simple little book.
Because it will be good for me. And it will be good for my students and our 2 minutes a day “breathing game.” And my year-long project this year!
Thank you thank you thank you!
___


I am truly blessed to have had good sleep and great dreams last night, and the POSITIVITY I’m feeling doing these grats this morning!
Because it is SUCH a WONDERFUL feeling! Oh thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the sky and treetops against it. And my appreciation of it.
Because it makes me feel happy. And that is enough!
I had lost it for a while but it is back! I am really healing!!
Thank you thank you thank you!
__


I am truly grateful for my teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh. I have had the incredible privilege of being on four retreats with him! One 2005 America, one 2007 America, one 2009 America, and one 2011 England! And – a day in NYC too!
Because I always go back to this and feel better. It ALWAYS has me feeling better. And – I get to help others with it too.
I have ( in a group, not a private audience) sang with him, eaten with him, exercised with him, walked with him, sat in meditation with him, listened to his dharma talks. And sat 4 feet from him on the ground in a park with London and looked right into each other’s eyes.
Thank you, Thank you, Dear Teacher.
Thank you thank you thank you!
__


With all my heart, thank you for the luxury of pedicures!
Because I enjoy the GETTING.
And it gets me out when I go. I NEED to get out every day. Every several weeks I can go do this.
I love the massage portion.
And my toes look pretty too!
It is a small and shallow thing, and therefore a great luxury and I am aware of that!
Thank you thank you thank you!
___


I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful that I like TOO MANY things!
Because that was always my “problem” and then for a long time I couldn’t really like anything. Depressed etc. And it is BACK!
Not having enough time for all that I love is a WONDERFUL “problem” to have! And I am SO grateful for it!
I LOVE: walking at the outdoor mall, walking in nature, practicing piano, playing piano (two different things), going t the library and doing my French, going to dinner with a friend, going to the movies (which I actually denied myself for a time because movies use animal tissues in the making – I mean come ON!), reading, teaching, laughing, embroidering, needlepoint, knitting, crocheting, beaches parks and gardens, meditating with others (I still don’t love it alone), walking meditation, getting mani (no polish cause of piano) and pedis and that rare treat the massage (1 or 2 a year now), shopping for fresh organic produce, making a good meal, living in a clean house (which takes time to keep up…), chatting with new people, traveling a bit, my book club, visiting my mother with others there especially, taking her out for a meal or bringing food there and sharing a meal alone, watching tv (yes), swimming (although I haven’t done it since J), exercising (wow!), eating – (yes), spending time with my birds especially on my hand and arms and I’m singing to them, dancing (although I haven’t since J).

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for literally enjoying my breath.
Because I remember when I struggled for breath! Not only do I not have to struggle for it now, but I ENJOY the very act of breathing. Oh thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I am glad I went to the health food store and bought vegan ice cream and pudding for my mother. And carefully. Not the horrible-ingredients ones. She can no longer have dairy and has so much loss; I didn’t want her to lose her treats also.
2.      I went to the health food store and didn’t buy anything for myself! That has never happened before! I didn’t need, so I didn’t buy! GREAT!
3.      That means I am healing too. Not this “need” to sort of hoard. Get more… … … The store will be there…
4.      Enjoyed reading my book and learning more history. I love history and biographies.
5.      I got out for a little
6.      The weather was breezy and beautiful and like right-before-rain which I love
7.      I laughed with tv
8.      Good piano
9.      I slept so well and LOVED my dreams! That I kept staying in them and even went back to them after getting up for bathroom! And slept late! Let myself!
10.   Magic Rock Practice. I love it SO MUCH. It is my FAVORITE spiritual practice!
11.   Good exercise! Abs yesterday
12.   The strength I felt (and still feel) from the exercise
13.   Saw a Big Bang repeat episode I’d never seen
14.   Too many phone calls!! But – that is a MUCH better problem than isolation and loneliness!
15.   Bought more of the cheap supermarket brand I love so much of flavored sparkling water
16.   Ate fresh organic veggies and fruits (among other things)
17.   Enjoyed my Shakeology, as I do every day (I am not an employee and do not get any commission or benefits from saying that; I just really love it!)

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment