Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Magic Aug 21


Aug 21

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have this feeling! This morning I ate a slice of Ezekial toast with garden veggie hummus and I thought, ‘Gee, I’m actually thinking of food now as nutrients!
Because it is tons better than thinking of it as hobby or escape!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my ability to do all that in the classroom yesterday!
Because what would I do if not…
Thank you thank you thank you!!

I am truly grateful for my positive feeling throughout it!
Because  that was actually a (very pleasant) surprise!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my “new start” feelings and abilities, plus the natural built-in new start of a new year in a school.
Because it is so positive and I am so lucky to have it!
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

Wow I forgot to finish and send this am! So here I go:
I am truly blessed to have felt good again today at school.
Because I’m glad to have had that 2 days in a row. And glad I went in rather than keep sitting around here accomplishing nothing…
: ) Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the surprise visit from m in classroom,
because it was cheerful.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the quiet
Because I go more done that way.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for coming home and exercising!
Because I have been so tired I felt almost like I couldn’t. But I DID.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for   ,
Because    .

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for   ,
Because    .



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I got a lot done in the classroom
2.      The most physical stuff I think, is now over. Phew.
3.      And despite my SORENESS, I dame home and EXERCISRED! Oh yeah!
4.      I felt GREAT. Yay yay yay.
5.      I have been home for many hours, overnight too, and sore, so can’t say I feel this all NOW, but I do REMEMBER it! I FELT: J? Oh well whatever. I love him. It would be nice. But if not, heck I’ll be with someone better!
6.      I actually FELT: I am glad he left because I am so much more mindful and ENJOYING what I DO – work, walking, cooking, birds, piano, everything…. More than before.
7.      And that I am stronger too. And ACCOMPLISHING
8.      And my muscles felt stronger. Though sore (!) was stronger working, than ever before. Thank you, Exercise!
9.      Saw my class list.
10.   And really felt gooda bout meeting these children.
11.   There were years when I was so – overdone – and I actually felt like, “I can’t MEET 66 new people (kids and parents). And THOSE were years WITH J. Now, I feel like, oh yay! 20 new kids (class sizes vary) and parents – it’ll be a GREAT year!
12.   2 people thought I looked smaller yesterday! (And I only saw like 4 people and the other 2 mentioned that I looked great and healthy and glowy).
13.   I already made a small change in the furniture arrangement in my classroom (last year was a BIG change) and it is more roomy already: )
14.   My new chair came! It is about time, as mine is from literally 1956 and broken! But new one has come and they’ll be putting it together for me, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment