Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Magic Aug. 27. Yesterday was a wonderful and important day.


Aug 27

Yesterday was a wonderful and an important day.

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have my job, for purposes of my self-esteem!
Because besides helping others, and besides income, and besides something to do something important, (and partly BECAUSE of all those things..) it helps my self-esteem. And I need that.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for  that great lunch date with J yesterday
Because  it was unusual and happy respite on a work day!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the strong feelings I had about SELF not just J J J yesterday!
Because that is VIATL! And I HAD it!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my health.
Because without it, all would revolve around that. and with it, all of life, so much more of life, is possible!
Thank you thank you thank you!                                                                                                       

I am truly blessed to have smiles. Yes.
Because mine and others’. They make me FEEL good.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my Nook.
Because it relaxes me
So, to read on it in bed at night!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for getting along nicely with people  at work!
Because the truth is, we are all decent people who mean well and have our own struggles and want to do what’s right…
I am so glad we can laugh and smile and work together!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for new starts!
Because I have:
Pretty classroom I’ve changed a big
New semester/ school year
New kiddies
FEELINGS of new start toward the others with whom I work.
New day food etc.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for IMs with both L. and A this morning
Because less lonely for me!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the birds seeming happy and singing and swinging right now.
Because I so SO want them to be happy!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I had a lunch date with J and am grateful for that.
2.      We had a lovely time.
3.      Took a little walk too.
4.      I enjoyed our time together
5.      And – he did too. I could tell.
6.      And big – he even wanted one of us to tell my mother that we went! That is very new in these YEARS.
7.      But – the big things are in the feelings that I realized. I WANT to be LOVED. I felt that! That I don’t just want J. I want to be LOVED.
8.      And that – and it’s hard now because it is morning of a long hard (!) hot (!) work day and I’m alone and had terrible pain last night  but I remember feeling that if he doesn’t appreciate and want me someone will and that’s ok? Something like that.
9.       Loved his sense of humor and brilliance (that is not hyperbole it is truth). And I miss it which brings me sadness but I ENJOYED it yesterday! Thank you.
10.   And – in the morning – I almost threw up. I was retching in the sink. Felt really really sick. The THOUGHT of the possible feelings of rejection – was basically too great to bear. My BODY was rejecting it! I was overwrought. And yes, I am grateful for that!
11.   And that I will NEVER want to live THAT WAY!
12.   I remembered bad times and bad things. Feeling like I don’t have it in me to meet another class, and parents, … so drained. Gaining weight. Falling asleep alone, him in other room with the tv, Him never being satisfied with anything…
13.   And I realized too, that ALWAYS “J. cleans up well,” so to speak. So he can give the APPEARANCE of – perfect guy! Gorgeous and when in crisp clean clothes, with his intelligence and unassuming smile and way of speech, he really COMES ACROSS like the guy anyone would want! Reasonable, brilliant, funy, handsome, together…. But that is how he COMES ACROSS. Always was able. It DROVE ME CRAZY when a therapist would see this after *I * seen what *I * seen…. !  So the gratitude is the realizing that how he is coming across, even to me right now, is not the whole picture. The gratitude is in that realization.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment