Friday, August 1, 2014

The Magic August 1


August 1

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have found the French stuff bag.
Because 1. I went to school to get it and talked to nice secretary for like over an hour. 2. I have my French materials. 3. I don’t have to re-buy. 4. I have the notebook with all the wrok I’ve done and my teacher has done with me and for me. 5. I have the bag itsel + money plus sentimental value. And 5. I wasn’t as CRAZY as I’d feard! Left it in school when phobic-making call came about mother errand. Left in hurry and frazzled to go do. Not THAT crazy! Yay. And even that no one stole it (6) is nice too.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my making 11 phone calls to help self track it down, and searching house and car.
Because I did not sit helplessly. I did the grown-up things.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for M saying today that I really am her sister and have an open invitation could even call and say, “I know you’re having a much needed quiet night but I am lonely” and I could go there.
Because I feel so – included. And loved.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for MA getting a list of the MONTH’S movies to come any time (they are free where she lives now).
Because I feel so – INCLUDED.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have My mother, MI, M, MA, A, K, EJ
Because friends. Irl, online through blog and through fb, all friends are great good things. Both ways!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my Nook.
Because I couldn’t read for a while. And then tried. Did a little… Wasn’t finishing books. All emotional. But the Nook – which I’ve had for 2 years now- is the size and shape of a book, lights from within so no booklight needed, and is like holding only what you’re reading not holding up the book in bed. So I love reading my Nook in bed (elsewhere too). It was like a new toy in a way that doesn’t usually matter to me too much. But it has helped me to get back into the feeling of loving reading like I had when young. Even like 10 years old.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the 21 Day Fix,
because I am eating healthily and exercising more than in 15 years (or more)!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for  the work I’ve done daily for these YEARS!
Because I hate to THINK what would have come of me if not. And I deserve some credit for the changes occurring too. Hard work. Consistent. Never giving up.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for EVERY MINUTE THAT I feel like a woman/ a person/ alive and vibrant and happy to be here. EVERY MOMENT of THAT!
Because I have felt like wishing I were dead and not knowing I could ever feel this way for a SECOND! THANK YOU, God, Universe, Self, Friends, All!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for birds.
Because they pollinate (outdoor birds). And they are beautiful. And the colors and flight… And the sounds they make are beautiful. And “my” boys. Oh the joy!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

There are probably a million things in yesterday alone. All the health things. All the absence of problems in my own little life like war etc. All the money things like food water home etc. I don’t want to repeat repeat repeat. And although maybe I should lol I don’t want to write gratitudes for 17 hours today : ) So I will TRY to find those that are yesterday-specific.

1.      Great exercise session! Upper Body Fix
2.      Great French lesson!
3.      Nice seeing secretary at school
4.      Good laughs with custodian too
5.      Turns out that due to an error (not mine), camp didn’t use my room (yay)
6.      Got in some time for French
7.      Doing some textbook work other than verbs this week. Yay.
8.      And verbs too lol
9.      Health food store Yay.
10.   Fresh organic raspberries, blueberries (sale) and blackberries and tomatoes and leafy greens wow!!!!! THAT is such fortune!
11.   Last night there was a little debate caused about something on fb. I felt very funny. It has to do with people or countries defending themselves when attacked. And I have real problems with this issue. Because on the one hand, I am so against violence of any kind. And on the other, if you are attacked…. I have not yet been able to reconcile this. And maybe never will… But someone I care for who cares for me, and I, seemed (politely) at odds…. Anyway, I realized it was July 31 and I needed to read the Five Mindfulness Trainings aloud with someone. I asked A. But he doesn’t agree to them and it really should be with someone who does! So – I IMd her – my friend from fb. She said sure. I called her on phone in another state and we did it! It was BEAUTIFUL!
12.   And we chatted, which was so nice too.
13.   And the reading of the mindfulness trainings was SO good for me! I needed that centering. (Then this morning I did some online looking and I just feel so connected again.)
14.   Felt WHOLE yesterday. Walking to car at store or something. Felt so WHOLE. Like a real woman. Real person. Real adult. As I am of course, but haven’t always felt and still don’t always feel. It was beautiful.
15.   And driving, again, felt like, “J. can want me or not it is what it is but this is my life and I like it and I like myself!” THIS is AMAZING!
16.   Came home and really relaxed too. Good. Good. I am able to be active, and then to know what time to let go and that that is ok too!

Thank you thank you thank you!

J
1.      Thank you, J, for ll those bazillions of phone calls with my mother!
2.      Thank you, J, for calling her daily while I was away, for me.
3.      Thank you, J, for telling me look at the machines and concentrate on blood pressure going up (was 45 over 20 and she was dying) because of connection between mother and daughter.
4.      Thank you, J, for your amazing common sense in helping me choose things.
5.      Thank you< J, for your amazing natural teaching abilities.
6.      Thank you, J, for sharing them with me. Regarding me, students, mother, friends, co-workers, everyone and everything.
7.      Thank you, J, for the signs you made me every time I lost a few pounds. I loved that! They were so creative too! Like things from my curio….
8.      Thank you, J, for trying to improve yourself.
9.      Thank you, J, for trying to be noble and kind and to do the right thing.
10.   Thank you, J, for finding me Ka, the Reiki teacher, when I had no voice.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Health
1.      Thank you, Muscles, for responding so well and so quickly to exercise!
2.      Thank you, Eyes, for seeing and for getting even stronger lately!
3.      Thank you, Brain for enabling all my systems to work, and for enabling me to play piano and read and think and talk and drive and love and feel and grow.
4.      Thank you, Spiritual Health, for “always” being strong in me, and for coming up so beautifully last night when I read the Five Mindfulness Trainings aloud on the phone with K.
5.      Thank you, Blood for being healthy.
6.      Thank you, Bones, for being healthy and strong.
7.      Thank you, Lungs for the clean breathing for me!
8.      Thank you, Liver, for detoxifying for me.
9.      Thank you, Kidneys for doing your job so well every day and night 24/7 for me!
10.   Thank you, Heart, for being strong and healthy for me!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment