Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes a Day - Please - see # 36! for YOU! really!

May this be true: ____
Let’s see now. I have a lot to be grateful for….. Here:
1. I can see
2. I am alive
3. I can breathe on my own.
4. And well (not like when sick this spring)
5. I got the garbage out. This is still a hard thing for me. But I did it.
6. I have the pretty lilac yarn J. brought by for me when I was sick.
7. Cleaning up doesn’t seem so overwhelming today.
8. Sometimes taking the first step really does make the difference.
9. I don’t believe there’s anyone who would be reading this who is in worse shape than I am in terms of own emotional weaknesses. So that means, as *I * make changes, *you * can too! I HOPE I’m inspiring SOMEONE. I KNOW there’s hope for *you * : )
10. Honest people.
11. My birds
12. The good care I take of them.
13. Every single day no matter what. Sick, depressed, busy, stressed, no matter what.
14. And I always will.
15. That I woke up today.
16. My tv. Yes, I would rather not need it. But I am glad I have it!
17. The night before last, as I was falzlinb asleep, I felt like I was in the arms of God. I was lying in the den, comfy, head on my pillow I love, and I felt – safe. Like my head was in God’s hands. I will hold you always in the palm of my hand. Isaiah 41:13. This was a truly beautiful feeling and I’m so grateful for it.
18. And I felt it a little bit last night even too.
19. Early morning time. Being up before 5.
20. I ate better yesterday
21. That I can feel SO MUCH BETTEER from taking one little step. Oh thank you, God, for that!
22. And I actually always was that way. J. spoke of it many times even.
23. Even though I wish it were earlier that this happened, nonetheless I am very grateful for being less afraid of many things than I was.
24. And more – able – to do the most important things most days. Enough, anyway.
25. 5:20 am. And my birds are out right now. I’m trying to start giving them a little time to stretch their wings in the morning as well as the evening: ) This is the second morning for them. Yay.
26. And they were flying just as I typed that. And again. 3x now.
27. They seem so happy. This is good for them.
28. Im smiling!
29. Meditating with the kids yesterday.
30. I am really taking delight in these two this morning. They are now walking about on the top of the cage and chatting up a storm. Stopping, facing each other, touching beaks, talking, deciceing to walk over here together, over there, … to fly together, to land together. I am finding delight in them. Taking? Finding? Hmmm.
31. I am a little afraid of being like the spinster schoolteacher with birds. But I think that won’t totally happen for the long-run and am happy for that thread of a belief.
32. Fb in the mornings. I don’t feel so alone.
33. A text from L last night after I was asleep, which I saw this morning. And really don’t feel so alone.
34. The news this morning says that Angeline Jolie shared overnight that she recently underwent a double mastectomy. I am grateful for her sharing this.
35. Also, for the inspiration and reminder that we DO “all” value our lives. That life is a gift.
36. This. Oh this oh this oh this (and in case the link doesn’t work, google Alice Herz-Sommer. Youtube has videos. This one in the link is only 1 minute 21 seconds! I also heard an 8 minute one. You have to. You have to. Fb page rawforbeauty page shared it and wrote this: The Most POWERFUL Wisdom You Will Ever Hear http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/
The Most POWERFUL Wisdom You Will Ever Hear
You HAVE to watch this 1 minute video! - The most powerful wisdom you will ever hear - by 109 year old Holocaust survivor Alice Herz-Sommer.
Alice Herz-Sommer is 109, was in a concentration camp in Terezin, and is STILL LIVING, in London.
She was interviewed by Bernard Hiller in December 2011. When she's asked about the secret to feeling good. “Optimism,” she said, “and looking for the good. Life is beautiful. You have to be thankful that we are living.. Wherever you look is beauty.”
And lastly: “I know about the bad things, but I look for the good things.”
37. That I have energy this morning.
38. That I slept last night.
39. And had interesting dreams.
40. This is really like a little miracle. Sitting here in my own cozy warm den, with birds flying above and around my head. It IS a miracle.
From fb page, Buddha Bless You: “The true purpose of Zen is to see things as they are, to observe things as they are, and to let everything go as it goes. Zen practice is to open up our small mind.”

— Shunryu Suzuki,
Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind —
41. My mother.
42. That she is alive.
43. Her love
44. Her love of J too
45. Her example of not gossiping.
46. And strength
47. And determination
48. And standing up for herself
49. And others
50. And being true to herself
51. And not really giving a shit what other people think
52. Her purity
53. My father.
54. All theyears I had with him.
55. His example of positivity every day
56. No matter HO BAD the things were that were going on
57. And his sort of very zen way of living, probably without ever having heard the word
58. The care he used to put into making my lunches.
59. That I went to London.
60. By myself
61. And loved it so much. What a wonderful gift that was.
62. May THIS be true: The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.
~ Neale Donald Walsch
63. From fb page, “Romancing the Soul” "You cannot take them with you - partner, parents, children, friends, family, pets - so enjoy them, love them, nurture them with every fiber of your being each moment you are alive." - Blessings, Regina of Romancing Your Soul
64. This http://discoveryouraura.blogspot.gr/
65. This. From fb page Divine Evolution: Meditation benefits both body and mind.

The effects of meditation are well documented. Meditation has been around for many years, carried out by spiritual and religious practitioners as part of their practices. It has always been prevalent in the East whilst the Western world has been slow to catch on. Many studies have proven meditation benefits us on a psychological and physiological level. It can therefore help with a myriad of different problems.
Regular meditators do not need to be convinced of the benefits of meditation as they start to notice improvements in many of these areas after practising for a while. When you read this list of benefits, if you are not already meditating regularly, I hope that you will be persuaded to give it a go. http://discoveryouraura.blogspot.gr/
The benefits of meditation include:
Improved health and vitality
Higher levels of immunity
Reduction of stress and tension retained in the body
Higher ability to cope with pressure and problems
Clearer relaxed mind and more positive attitude
Greater sense of peace and happiness
More tolerance, acceptance and understanding of others
Improved confidence and self esteem
Better ability to relax
Improved ability to sleepLower heart rate
Reduction in blood pressure
Decreased nervousness, anxiety and depression
Increased awareness of inner self
Better concentration
Greater clarity of mind
Heightened awareness and intuition
Enhanced creativity
Improved memory
For most of us, our minds tend to control us as we are unable to contain our negative reactions to the things that happen to us which we do not like throughout the day. These are the results of many years of wrong thinking and bad mental habits. Our out of control emotions, our vented rage, our stuffed anger and resentment not only cause us many problems with other people but also affect our bodily health producing such effects as heart disease, high blood pressure and cancer.When you meditate, you start to gain some control over your mind which enables you to see your life in a new light - instead of from a perspective which does not generally serve you. You start to take control of your feelings and emotions.
Your mind is basically the creator of your universe. Everything you perceive in your life is filtered through your mind, which may be in a positive, negative or neutral state, depending upon your conditions at the time. When your mind is generally more positive; when your mind changes for the better; then it is guaranteed... so does your life.
The Secret of Healing: Meditations for Transformation and Higher Consciousness by Deepak Chopra
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K35UWG?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B004K35UWG&linkCode=xm2&tag=disyouaur-20Please share :)
☮namaste♥
66. This ____
From fb page Romancing Your Soul: "The first step to healing or making changes is to stop saying or thinking you can't and start saying and thinking you CAN. Begin believing you can change your life by taking one simple action. Do it over and over until it becomes second-nature. Maybe that is to stop reacting to rude drivers. Whatever, choose one thing and focus on it until you change it permanently.

Once you do one thing you will believe you can do another and another. Bravely making yourself take the first step is how you learn to walk." – Regina of Romancing Your Soul

67. Quick phone chat with L. this morning
68. Crochet
69. And the child whose nanny taught me how to do.
70. And the nanny herself.
71. Some laughter this morning
72. Peace wherever there is peace
73. Honest people
74. Bells for the birds
75. Toys for the birds
76. That they love greens
77. They do NOT like pellets. Pick them out and throw them on the floor of the cage. But – I will get to try new kind this weekend. I’m lucky for that (as are they).
78. Digital cameras
79. Cell phones
80. Kandinsky
81. Geometry
82. How well I did in it.
83. And that helped me feel good about myself too.
84. MA yesterday. She came by school and brought my lunch leftovers, which I’d left in her car.
85. That I got to see her that way.
86. There are two ducks swimming in the water on L’s pool cover right now.
87. At first it made him nervous, but I told him, just enjoy it!
88. Jewel playing with the ring toy AND chewy thing right now
89. While Summer is swinging
90. Cabbage
91. Swiffer
92. Decent (and non gmo) olive oil
93. M calling me right now
94. That it won’t be hot today, on our class trip.
95. That M is doing well.
96. That I do not have a dread disease
97. Where there is life there’s hope, right?
98. All is REALLY well in my world. I mean, I have health
99. And a home
100. And a job
101. And a car
102. And I live in a safe area
103. And I have friends
104. And birds
105. My hands
106. My feet
107. My hearing
108. The beautiful arrangement of the Chopin I heard last night
109. And this morning
110. And bookmarked. I shouldn’t COPY it – no – but can learn from it… : )

No comments:

Post a Comment