Saturday, May 11, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Ji loved me
2. Jo loved me
3. M loves me (girlfriend). Very much
4. MA loves me
5. O loves me
6. L loves me
7. St in her way loves me
8. So I AM lovable
9. Lambs
10. The day a baby stayed on my lap for hours at the Catskill Game Farm. I don’t remember if it was a goat or a lamb because they made of point of explaining that some of the babies look like the other. But oh I was so happy with those hours: )
11. My birdies, my boys, my little loves
12. They flew and flew last night. Like *I * was in *their * aviary. So nice. We were all happy: )
13. *** And I touched each of their bellies once. Yay.
14. Summer seems to have a higher body temperature than Jewel. When they are on me (so nice to even be able to ay that), the warmth from his feet is greater. I just love those kind of observations. And even moreso, the experiences
15. It has worked out that MA and my mother and I will be together tomorrow
16. This :
17. And this
18. And this
19. Oh and this. Gave me a big sigh of relief
20. And this: “Every moment you get is a gift
Spend it on things that matter
Don’t spend it
by dwelling on unhappy things”
~ Celestine Chua
21. “You are the only one who creates in your experience—no one else. Everything that comes to you comes by the power of your thought. If there are changes you would like to make, it will be of great value to begin telling a different story—not only about your body, but about all subjects that have been troubling to you. As you begin to positively focus, getting to feel so good about so many subjects, you will begin to feel the power that creates worlds flowing through you.”
~ Abraham via Esther Hicks
22. I can see
23. I can hear
24. I can speak
25. I can walk
26. My heart is healthy
27. My blood pressure is healthy
28. I have hair
29. I have two feet
30. 10 toes
31. I have two hands
32. 10 fingers
33. Yesterday I colored a piece of abstract art.
34. And I loved dong it
35. And I shall do another one tody
36. IT is from one of two books I bought in ~~~England~~~~ the best week of my life.
37. That the best week of my life so far, was NOT about J! Thankful thankful thankful for that
38. My liver
39. My kidnys
40. My lungs
41. That I don’t smoke. I did, decades ago.
42. That I did finally hear from A this morning
43. That I will NOT accept it if P lies to me. Which I think he might have bout last night. I don’t have to accept that! : )
44. This: “Man is very tiny if you look at his body, man is very foolish if you look at his mind, and man is tremendously vast if you look at his consciousness. Three things meet in man. The vast, the infinite, meet in his consciousness, in his awareness. That's what you become aware of when you meditate: boundaries recede and disappear.
The body does not contain you; in fact, you contain the body. Ordinarily you think, "I exist in the body." It is absolutely wrong. The body exists in you; you are vaster, you are bigger - not only bigger than the body, you are bigger than this whole universe. It is awareness that holds all.”
~ Osho
45. “I have indeed misunderstood the world, because I laid my 'sins' on it and saw them looking back at me. How fierce they seemed! And how deceived was I to think that what I feared was in the world, instead of in my mind. “
~ A Course In Miracles
46. “A true story that will deeply touch your soul!!!!!!! PLEASE go ahead & SHARE!
"An amazing occurrence happened in South Africa when 31 elephants made a “Journey To Pay their Respect.” How did they know? Something that is greater and deeper than human intelligence informed them that their hero – the man who had saved their lives and many other animals – had made his transition from this earthly world. Lawrence Anthony (1950 – 2012), a legend in South Africa and author of 3 books including the bestseller "The Elephant Whisperer", bravely rescued wildlife and rehabilitated elephants all over the globe from human atrocities, including the courageous rescue of Baghdad Zoo animals during the US invasion in 2003. On March 7, 2012 Lawrence Anthony died.

Two days after his passing, the wild elephants showed up at his home led by two large matriarchs. Separate wild herds arrived in droves to say goodbye to their beloved man-friend'. A total of 31 elephants had patiently walked over 12 miles to reach his South African House. Witnessing this spectacle, humans were obviously in awe not only because of the supreme intelligence and precise timing that these elephants sensed about Lawrence's passing, but also because of the profound memory and emotion the beloved animals evoked in such an organized way.

Walking slowly – for days – they made their way in a solemn one-by-one queue from their habitat in the wild bush to his house. Lawrence's wife, Francoise, was especially touched, knowing that the elephants had not been to his house prior to that day for well over 3 years! But yet they knew where they were going and they seemed to know why they were going to Lawrence’s home. The elephants obviously wanted to pay their deep respects, honoring their human friend who had saved their lives – so much respect that they stayed for 2 days 2 nights without eating anything.

After honoring Lawrence Anthony in the only way they could - in this touching and memorable tribute to the man who had saved them and many other animals around the world – these sentient creatures had proven they are wiser and more compassionate than the human race will ever be or ever realize. Then one morning, they left, making their long journey back home. . . .

By: Jeff Mullan"
47. ” In between goals is a thing called life,
that has to be lived and enjoyed”
~ Sid Caesar
48. “To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something.” Lao Tzu
49. Organic spelt bread. Maybe sourdough. With organic chunky peanut butter. And 2 cups of coffee with non gmo chocolate soy milk. My “brunch” this morning.
50. A place for me to find these inspirations each day.
51. That my dr. said I am to live for giving to others these weeks.
52. And that I am doing it.
53. “The reason why the universe is eternal is that it does not live for itself; it gives life to others as it transforms” Lao Tzu
54. “A heart that knows to play
will always find its way”
~ Chantri Imzaia
55. And that – today – I honestly feel that – know that - * I DO NOT LIVE FOR J!” Omg that is HUGE!
56. I just went to fill the birds’ second food cup with greens, and saw a cardinal lan on the little fence post right outside my kitchen window.
57. All the times that my dear father – the best daddy in the world, would call me into the living room to kneel on the sofa and look out the window at a cardinal
58. My goodness. The goodness that I DO have
59. M and I being chosen sisters, after all.
60. Our self-honesty, each of us
61. “A cheery relaxation is man’s natural state,
just as nature itself is relaxed
A waterfall is concerned only
with being itself,
not with doing something
it considers waterfall-like. “
~ Vernon Howard
62. Rumi says, “Love itself describes its own perfection. Be speechless and listen.” I believe he is right. I don’t have romantic lo e right now : ( but I have love: mother, friends, students. And it also helps me to think, “LIFE itself describes its own perfection. Be speechless and listen.” Am grateful for those.
63. This recipe for a smoothie I just saw on fb page called, Gaia speaks, which shared it from another page called, Blissness, Health & Fasting: turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne powder, ginger, oregano, other fresh herbs, chia seeds, ahorn syrup, coconut oil, fruits, cucumber, broccoli, celery, red bell pepper, spinach, avocado, alfafa and carrots.
64. I was very very depressed last Sunday. VERY bad. And struggled through all week. Two nights in a row I took Valium. It is prescribed, and I rarely use it. Took 5 mgs each of two nights. Then A wrote me that he thinks I should not take Valium two nights in a row as “It deletes Lynn.” Whether he is right or wrong (my dr. doesn’t care… long story about the Valium. Only thinks need if very anxious and like thinking hurtful of self thougths…)
65. Whether A was right or not, is irrelevant here. But I am really grateful that he said that. Because 1) it means he cares and 2) it means I DO exist. Or I couldn’t be deleted. These are the very kinds of things my dr. SO – WANTS – me to HEAR and REGISTER – his word. Because growing up the way I did made me truly feel invisible. AND that my actions have no effect… So I am grateful that a friend said that. Twice
66. The book, “The Secret. Theeeee best book I have ever read.
67. Hope
68. Clean-up day today.
69. Grateful to myself that I let them fly. And even WORK to get them comfy enough to.
70. Kind of first time grateful to self
71. The hundred are hard. Have been all week and some days I failed. But I DID get them yesterday. AND the day before. And I WILL today!
72. Very very happy and lively and active birds today!
73. Time to relax this am
74. Sleep last night.
75. Moved from den to bed in middle of night. Progress. Very sad in there. Lonely… But wanted the comfort. So I’m grateful too, that for the first time, the den sofa felt uncomfy while asleep. Maybe it was a favor to me after all.
76. ALL the times I’ve swam in the sound.
77. Yes, especially with J. too
78. But ALL the times.
79. Dolphins
80. The times with Ji when we go out on the boat he had, in the Hudson River, at like MIDNIGHT in the summer, and be like the ONLY people on the river. That was cool
81. The freedoms of it too.
82. I think he’s right: “The cave you fear to enter
holds the treasure you seek”
~ Joseph Campbell
83. That I have 56 fb friends. And have only been on since early December
84. And 109 pages I “Like”
85. This. Miracles of Mother Earth:
86. This!
87. Thich Nhat Hanh
88. Maha
89. Ka
90. Reiki
91. Minfulness Meditation
92. The times I have felt “good enough!”
93. That I PROBABLY am.
94. God
95. That B’s husband is coming home Wednesday.
96. And that, despite the fact that she actually sabotaged me (!) when * I * was falling apart after J left(!), I have been able to be there for her while her husband has been so ill. I am grateful for that compassion
97. AND that I have NOT done more than is COMFORTABLE for me. We are NOT REALLY friends.
98. That I no longer have acid reflux
99. Or nodules on my vocal chords
100. That I have had the TIME to do the whole 100. It is a gift of Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment