Monday, May 6, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. That last night, I was so grateful for the ability to just walk through the house. I had made a healthy little sandwich, and was walking through the house with it, and it just felt good.
2. I awakened having to go to the barthroo, and was aware of how grateful I am for my 2 working kidneys.
3. And bladder
4. And urethra
5. The times I’ve spent with goats and lambs
6. My birds – yesterday - it seems that that is the day they really got it. Trusted me.
7. I am grateful that the birds landed on their activity center last night.
8. And perched there a bit.
9. And walked around on it the night before
10. And looked for food there even too.
11. That they are so smart.
12. That I GET that. So I try to keep them mentally stimulated
13. And I just uncovered them and Jewel is playing with one of the new toys right now.
14. And Summer is swinging on the swing.
15. And now took over to test out one of the new toys too.
16. I am grateful that I lived through yesterday and didn’t hurt myself or get hurt.
17. And that friends and my caring dr. were there for me.
18. Art pages on facebook. I like seeing art when I wake up.
19. Creative people
20. That I am able to be a little less serious thanI used to. As serious as I am.
21. My health. Oh yes.
22. I slept last night. Need a bit more, but
23. Will get that tonight.
24. Nothing terrifying today.
25. Right now, the birds are exploring different toys! I’m glad.
26. And talking up a storm.
27. O calling me yesterday
28. MA calling me
29. My visit with O at her house
30. M’s long great call
31. St’s texts
32. And the over 3 hours of help A gave me in the morning.
33. L last night, reminding me that he SUFFERED from DEPRESSION for TWENTY YEARS!
34. I am grateful that I have the freedom to just make coffee in the morning.
35. And the strength
36. And the money
37. And the ability to drink it on my own
38. My breath! It is perfect again. Thank God!
“Do not take anything for granted.
Not one smile or one person
or one rainbow or one breath,
or one night in your cozy bed”.~Terri Guillemets
39. I have slept on the den sofa for a few nights. Not out of depression/inability to go to bed. More that, while it is lonely in the bedroom, it is cozy in the den. The birds are here, and the tv too. And the first night it happened, I had such interesting dreams. That I thought I’d do it a bit more. It has been interesting. Like a little vacation. And – I think it has added to the birds’ trust of me.
40. But I probably should to back to the bedroom: ( I am grateful that I have the choice.
41. This________
42. Poetry
43. Poets
44. Hope
45. Taking care of my birdies every single day
46. Anyone and everyone who reads any of this
47. Birdie!
48. And her comments
49. EJ!
50. JJ!
51. Not being all alone in cyber-space
52. Programs that help people
53. My eye drops
54. Good doctors
55. That I work for and have health insurance
56. These children in my class this year
57. Healthy food in the fridge right now
58. A home to come home to each evening
59. That we are allowed to give the children recess
60. That the very youngest ones aren’t forced to suffer through the testing
61. My pretty, bright, cheerful throw pillows
62. Colors
63. Red
64. Yellow
65. Blue
66. That I can see colors
67. That my birds do use their cuttlebone
68. The drawer for their stuff
69. My kitchen cabinets
70. My kitchen
71. Wood floors
72. Lamps
73. Indoor plumbing
74. Electricity. I’m not just saying these things to say them. I am really grateful for them. Ex. I remember during the hurricane having no electricity, and how depressing it got
75. Prayer
76. God
77. Praying for each other
78. Interesting good meetings
79. A lunch break
80. Parks
81. And all the nice times I’ve had in them
82. Coffee with chocolate non gmo soy milk this morning
83. Breath
84. That I tried to use it to meditate a little while falling asleep last night
85. That it is always there to “go back to.”
86. Being able to hold a conversation.
87. I believe that J is still trying to find his identity. And may not be gone forever. I am grateful for that belief.
88. Trees in leaf
89. Lilacs outside in the back
90. Flowers
91. That I did go to ww yesterday. Even though I cried in the back the whole time
92. My feet and all they do for me
93. My spirituality
94. But also, that I’m begun to realize there is more to life than that too
95. Hairbrushes. Yes really.
96. Flatware
97. Dishes
98. Things from my mother
99. Photos
100. Cell phone
Much to be grateful for. Yes. There is.

2 comments:

  1. Hi hon - sorry you had a rough weekend. When I read about J. going to Hawaii, my heart sank for you. I know how that can feel, and can only assure you it will pass.

    My unasked for advice: You have started and stopped your friendships with L and A so many times - and every time you stop you say, in essence, "whew, so glad I finally ended it, it wasn't good for me" and then somehow they find their way back. Even just as 'friends.' I'm familiar with that cycle. Please don't let your need to have (male) friends or people who understand depression or whatever get in the way of what you know is right for you. Take a walk...enjoy your birds...play a song....have lunch with a girlfriend...read a wonderful book...there is much to do that is FUN and good for YOU. And you deserve it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh EJ. How do I thank you. You are so beautiful. Thank you!
    The great news is - It is Tuesday morning and I am a good good deal better. Two years ago this would have taken weeks.
    Thank you for sharing of yourself.
    I love you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete