Friday, May 10, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Our P.E. teacher this year. He is always smiling. And just told me his attitude is, “Why would you worry? You can’t do anything about it anyway.” He knows nothing about me. He overheard my class’ challenge about not worrying – long story; doesn’t matter. In general. That was helpful to me.
2. I have no obligations this evening.
3. fI can play with birds (training)
4. And watch tv
5. And chat with A
6. Can practice piano.
7. Although don’t need to, because did twice today already.
8. I am grateful for the way this one in the classroom sounds now. I have never heard it this way before. I guess because of the
9. New action!
10. AND keys fixed
11. AND tuning. Wow.
12. My piano. And the sweet way J and I got it. (Although this one might well be better….)
13. Laughter. Today with A. But altogether
14. My kids feeling that I am not mean.
15. And thanking me.
16. My principal almost always trying to seem like in good mood
17. I am still very sad but not as bad as yesterday.
18. AND trying hard to focus on the gratitudes
19. And AM participating in the challenge to try not to worry between now and Monday. (Some of the 7 – 8 year olds didn’t feel they could do it but want to try. One feels cannot even try.)
20. Lawyers who are ethical. I know more than one. I’m sure there are monkzillions. But I know 3 myself, and possibly 4! And I haven’t had much reason in my life to know lawyers, so…
21. That the three young women who’d been kidnapped and held captive for so many years are free
22. And well (enough)
23. For that neighbor who helped it all
24. And doesn’t want money
25. That people are collecting for him anyway
26. That he says give it to the women
27. That the 6 year-old is ok too
28. That someone ws found alive in 2-week rubble today
29. That I am healthy
30. And just about finished working for the week (kids are with P.E. teacher; then I just walk them to the door)
31. Jo, who helped me so much with computer things over the years
32. And especially last year and end of year before
33. And was just so nice to me about life too
34. That I am not in the shape I was in Sunday
35. That I AM excited to see Summer and Jewel in a little while: )
36. That maybe they’ll come out and fly around again tomorrow night (or afternoon). I hope so.
37. Piano practicing is getting better
38. I should enjoy fb when I get home
39. And I have a couple of new magazines
40. The enjoyment I used to get from books.
41. Maybe that will come again.
42. I got over depression after marriage break-up before. Maybe I can again.
43. Those summers with J.
44. I had so many of them.
45. We had a certain dance we did every year
46. That – before I become morose again – who knows what the future will bring
47. Nice texting with A today
48. Birds JUST came out! First time since last Sunday. 6:45 pm yay.
49. And I had just gotten to touch each of their bellies a little too. They didn’t like it – it didn’t last – but it was further than every before: )
50. P. is going to call me this weekend. Someone ith whom I’ve communicated online. And talked once on the phone.
51. We will probably meet next week.
52. And I’m a little excited about it.
53. And it isn’t that I care about anything COMING of it! It’s the fact THAT I’m excited. Kind of happy-looking-forward-to-something…Nice
54. And nice phone call with l. tonight. I think as long as I don’t get involved with that whole group it might be good, this friendship. We’ll see. But I think its when I let A. influence me that its’ ba. AND when I compare to dating. AND when I think about like that whole group dynamic… But I do love him in a brother-sister sort of way. And I guess I understand more now why everyone he’s ever dated does stay with him in some form or other as a friend, or a good friend, or a very very close friend…
55. I am still grateful though that I let S. go. I will be polite when our paths cross…
56. And not antagonize him. And have defriended him from fb. And that’s all good.
57. Wow. Summer is out and Jewel in right now. THAT’S unusual…
58. Gave my kids (students) a great day today
59. Ate broccoli. Oh praise God for broccoli and its effect on me. (And the real leafy greens too, though not salad so much.
60. Summer is on his little ledgy-porch and I just walked across the room and he didn’t run back into cage. Yay!
61. And now Jewel is out again too.
62. I’m so grateful THAT they bring me such joy.
63. (COULD THEY HAVE sensed my depressive mood this week? Is THAT why they didn’t come out???? Or, maybe because I was more rushed for time…) Anyway, I am grateful tonight to even be alive. Thank you, God
64. Thank you Birdie, EJ, JJ, for helping me get through this since last Sunday. I have a SENSE that more “bad” will come, from J. But I will get better and better at handling it.
65. I am SO grateful that MA is coming with me and my mother on Mother’s Day!
66. My mother will have a nicer time
67. I will be less burdened
68. I’ll get to do for MA!
69. Yay!
70. I am SO grateful that I can AFFORD to take the three of us out!
71. And that I did hink to include L
72. AND that he cant’ come (work 8am an hour away plus city traffic, the next day)
73. I am so grateful to be sitting here. My den is like an aviary right now. And I’m inside it!
74. And by June I will have my table and 4 chairs and umbrella outside. Somehow. Even if I have to find someone to pay to do it.
75. AND – that thing that’s like a clothy room with screens. To sit inside and not have the mosquitos at dusk time. Nice.
76. I can put a little table, a lounge, a chair…
77. And – I can wheel the birds out with ME! (as long as I never leave them alone, even for a second, AND they have access to shade like half their cage)
78. That the lawyer(s) is/are working on it now. The mother money situation.
79. That I am doing/have done all I can, and am letting the rest go.
80. M
81. O
82. That O was able to get a new car after hers was destroyed in an accident last week!
83. And that SHE was not really harmed (just a little air bag-singed.)
84. And that FINALLY, my gratitudes include others again. I am so grateful to be grateful on behalf of others.
85. That I can sleep in the den tonight. And do the sheets and fix up the bedroom and sleep in there tomorrow night. I am lucky to even HAVE a place to sleep.
86. The little robin redbreast who’s been coming to the window every morning. I am grateful that I have helped him not hurt himself. He is so cute and I think he’s trying to get to the birds. BUT – I have to sort of chase him away as he was at first flailing into the window… and I don’t want him to get hurt!
87. NOR do I want him to get IN (not that I REALLY think he could, but). But he’s so cute.
88. I can hear the birds outside when I approach the door.
89. Sweet people
90. Coffee with chocolate soy milk this morning
91. Water
92. I had dinner.
93. In fact, I have never in my life had to worry about IF there’d be dinner
94. Toys for the bird.
95. That they eat greens
96. Chopin
97. Mendelssohn
98. Rachmaninoff
99. Couple of weeks more before recital. I’m glad I have them. I need them lol
100. Fans for my hot classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment