Friday, May 31, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. _______"A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." ♥

~ Ritu Ghatourey ~
2. Life is short. Have some fun. – That thought
3. My birds this morning.
4. To get to see them first thing in the morning
5. That I had interesting dreams, and so, liked my night
6. And woke up
7. K saying yesterday, that someone had taught her, “When you first get up, first thing, before brushing your teeth or anything, ‘ESTABLISH your day.’”
8. I heard from another guy from online. I’n not really gonna be so interested in either of these two, it turns out, but it is nice to hear from, and to be nice, and tohat they seem nice too.
9. P. wrote. I do NOT like or trust HIM! But I’m glad he wrote.
10. Beautiful art works. The facebook page Catherine La Rose: The Poet of Painting
11. I am so lucky to be free
12. And to never have been persecuted because of my Christian faith
13. And to have practiced with Thich Nhat Hanh
14. JJ
15. EJ
16. Birdie
17. You
18. M
19. And her appreciation of me
20. And my supportiveness
21. And her appreciation of that
22. My dr
23. Eye drops
24. Friendships
25. O
26. M
27. MA
28. St
29. Girlfriends, oh yes. Remember Jo and other Jo
30. And guy friends too.
31. L
32. A
33. Polite work chat
34. Beautiful poetry
35. Native American poetry (I don’t know what term to use. I know a Lanape person who hates that term because she says she is NOT an “American.” “America wasn’t HERE when her people were here. But these people are not “Indians – not from India….” She says “Indians” is less offensive as at least it’s just a mistake…. She says always say the tribe name when know it. . . but this would be ACROSS the tribes…)
36. My use of the gorgeous local public library when I was in like gr. 7
“Hear blessings dropping their blossoms around you. “
~ Rumi ¬¬¬¬¬_______
Huge: There is only one moment in time when it is necessary to awaken. That moment is now.

— The Buddha _____
37. The religious objects I have
38. Branches
39. Trees
40. Earth
41. Dirt
42. Soil
43. Flowers
44. Grass
45. Oxygen
46. Sky
47. Clouds. All are miracles.
48. Children
49. Smiles
50. Meeting this afternoon – at least it’s air conditioned in that room
51. I caused children to smile yesterday. That’s cool.
52. Geese
53. Ducks
54. Swans
55. All birds. I love birds
56. And cats
57. This. ENJOY! http://femour.com/23-signs-youre-too-obsessed-with-your-person-this-post-is-for-cats-d/
58. Oprah has said many things that have helped me
59. And interviewed TNH, bringing him to much of the public
60. Martin Luther King
61. History books
62. Good books
63. Vegan cookbooks
64. J.
65. My oak tree
66. Vegan magazine
67. Vegetarian magazine
We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive.

— Thich Nhat Hanh
68. My hair
69. My eyes
70. Even exactly as they are
71. Birdsong
72. That I have a job
73. Water
74. This light nightgown
75. I have a bed
76. A couch
77. A pillow
78. A roof
79. Tv news like magazine shows imo in the morning.
80. That there are other more serious news things for people who want that
81. That I am not alone
82. That I am not invalid
83. That I am not bedridden
84. That I am not homeless
85. That I am not dirt-poor
86. That I can walk
87. That I live near a nice big beautiful park
88. IM in mornings
89. Coffee
90. 3 kinds of organic kale in house right now
91. I have eaten some of it yay
92. And birdies have eaten as much lol
93. God
94. Thich Nhat Hanh
95. Buddha
96. Dali Lama
97. Inspirations
98. That I can read
99. That I help others (the children) to read better
100. This computer
101. US connecting through it

No comments:

Post a Comment