Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer Has Come Out of Cage!



Jewel came so far up my arm last night, almost to shoulder.
And even timid little Summer did too! Almost just as far!

Then today, Jewel came,"Up" to my finger from inside cage to my finger outside of cage. This was progress.
Then I sat here and left the door open for a while. And they BOTH came out!
Flying all around!
And Jewel did a bit of flying and a bunch of hanging out.
But Summer - flew and flew and flew. Hit window twice (without injury - phew) so I pulled down that shade! Flew Flew Flew.
Then rested a while on high-by-ceiling bookshelf.
And Jewel - first time - perched on this wicker thing by celing lamp (which is off) that I've always THOUGHT he'd love.

Then they both went back in and ate
and CAME BACK OUT!
Flew flew flew :)

Now, Jewel is standing on the cage door, like his little front porch area that he loves so much too (edge of open cage doorway),
and Summer is in cage eating.

I am so happy with all of this!

--

And now,
hours later,
first time ever - SUMMER outside cage and JEWEL in and they're talking and playing through the bars.
SI cute! (cage door open)
Also doing little thinking about weather want to approach playground / activity center. Summer even did a fly-by. Granted, I have baited it with millet...:)

--

And now, tonight,
my babies ate out of hand together, outside of the cage. AND from the cup on their playground (with a little luring on my part).
And flew flew flew.
I am so happy for them.
And with them.
Thank you God, for my little miracles. YOUR little miracles. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Soon they will be landing on your head. When my sister had her birds she grew some long trailing plant that the birds loved to sit on. I have no idea what it was though! Check the internet for safe plants for birds.

    ReplyDelete