Saturday, May 18, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. B and Jo got engaged. That should be good for both of them. I am happy for them.
2. And I am happy that I am happy for them.
3. I feel stronger yesterday and today than Thursday with that financial meeting oy.
4. I personally know three people who are having some problems with ms. I am grateful that I don’t have ms
5. And that Mt’s attitude with it is so good
6. And P’s doing pretty well
7. And B just got engaged
8. And that I CAN feel grateful on behalf of OTHERS.
9. My list of things I love that are not about J.
10. That great dream I had last night. About the nature and the rocks and the 2 days and nights… J. WAS important in it, but still it was nice. And DID speak to independence as well
11. Birdie
12. EJ
13. JJ
14. You., if you are reading this, oh, I am so very grateful for YOU.
15. My birds flying all about this morning
16. And spending little trial bits of time on their playground too.
17. Later today I will give their cage a thorough cleaning and change the tosy too. And they will be happy in another new way. Yay.
18. Nice talk with A this am
19. Hope
20. Changes I am making
21. Phones
22. Nature though. Most of all, nature
23. Lovely weather today. Nice temp
24. AND a breeze
25. L’s call
26. My mother yesterday
27. We got through dinner without a suffering-for-me horrible conversation. Phew
28. She liked her dinner.
29. Her new aide seems nice too
30. I put another toy and some millet on the activity center for the birdies
31. Humor
32. Magazines
33. Saturday
34. Phone call with L and my mother and M today
35. The great sex I’ve had in my life
36. My feet
37. I feel okish right now. I am grateful for that
38. The good talk we had in class yesterday about how to treat each other.
39. And the mention by a kid of the no-worry challenge we had done
40. That a number of them now consider meditation to be a way to help when worried
41. I am grateful that I am off from work today
42. And that my birds are chirping
43. And that I have a working tv
44. And for Chopin
45. And that I can see
46. I am lucky to be able to hear
47. And to be able to play piano
48. And to have a piano
49. Hope. Oh God. Thank you for hope.
50. Coffee
51. Water
52. Food
53. Ability to walk
54. Two outdoor malls nearby. I love outdoor malls
55. Living near the water
56. And the mountains
57. And the city
58. Ability to write
59. And compose
60. And type
61. And talk
62. My healthy skin
63. My working body. Like legs
64. Joking with L. Nice
65. That I decided NOT to go to that party of those ex-friends of L today. Coming home would have been a nightmare. Plus depressing. Plus those people… Plus money. Plus – and this is a bad reason, I admit – I feel bad about my body…
66. Texting
67. This laptop
68. That I am able to pay for things liket his
69. Relaxation
70. Work. Really. Yes work too.
71. Enough money to live
72. No war on my street
73. Freedom
74. The amazing body I used to have. Just naturally.
75. I am getting healthier
76. And prettier now again too
77. My ww group
78. Lamps
79. Electricity
80. Dancing,
81. The fun J and I had at ballroom dancing lessons
82. The little or lot bit more of independence that I FEEL now
83. Poetry
84. Native poetry (“Indians” or “Native Americans”)
85. My father having brought me Gone with the Wind from the library when I was a teen
86. And the Birds book
87. And the Trees book
88. Inspirational people
89. Helen Keller
90. Eleanor Roosevelt
91. Trustworthy people
92. All the safety I have always enjoyed and enjoy at this moment
93. The tai chi I took
94. And the metta he taught me too
95. That I don’t eat animals. I have been tempted by some chicken and turkey and fish lately. But I won’t do it.
96. Sanctuaries
97. People who foster children
98. People who rescue animals (including me – good: )
99. Gratitudes. The whole concept of it
100. Pretty and nature-lined parkway

No comments:

Post a Comment