Thursday, May 16, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. So I just walked around, stood in the d.r., … thile waiting for my instant coffee (1 minute). My left hand is often itchy from a thing the dermatologist had to do; that spot itches every day. I just reached over and scratched it…. And I realized: how fortunate I am to have TWO hands. Just reach over and scratch…. No accommodations to make…
2. That I HAVE a d.r.
3. And a microwave to make instant coffee in a minute
4. And a cup. Really
5. And water. Always water
6. And the instant coffee itself.
7. And my hobby cabinet, that I was standing in font of.
8. Inspirational fb posts
9. Beautiful fb posts
10. Hope
11. My sweet beautiful healthy active happy birds
12. Knowing that I will always do what’s good for them
13. Will change their toys later. That’ll be nice: )
14. That I have plenty of food for them
15. That I am making provisions now for God forbid we have another power outage storm, now that I have them to think bout
16. This____
17. That I can see!
18. O is coming to my classroom next Thursday to gi e me a piano lesson at lunchtime!
19. My practice is going well lately!
20. M
21. Everyone who prays for me
22. Everyone who wishes good things for me.
23. That I wish good things for others.
24. Even others who have been bad to me.
25. My students had a great day yesterday (and I think, every day)
26. My birds are playing differently, with a different toy, right now. Nice.
27. Kisses. I’m not having any now, but I shall again…
28. EJ
29. Birdie
30. JJ
31. That I HAVE a job, in this economy
32. And gas in my car
33. And vegetables
34. And medicines
35. The video, “No arms, no legs, no problem.” INCREDIBLY inspirational
36. And I’m happy for that man, too, and what he is able to feel despite his situation.
37. Claritan! I really need it today!
38. And that I haven’t needed it for weeks now.
39. I looked in the mirror this morning while washing my hands, and – gulp – I am cute.
40. My hair is thick
41. And shiny
42. My skin is clear and unlined
43. I have a nice smile
44. And bright eyes. Wow.
45. I’m not taking mistreatment anymore
46. I’ve been coming to learn that it is not about J.
47. This_____
48. Laughter
49. People who smile a lot
50. That I’ve been becoming one of them
51. I am sorry that I wasn’t a good wife, but – I WAS, and AM, a good teacher
52. I have succeeded academically so much in life
53. My parents paid for college
54. And my Master’s degree was cheap.
55. My mother’s fearless determination
56. Now that she has help, she is able again. SO grateful that she has the help
57. Goslings I have seen on my way to work
58. Same with signets
59. And ducklings
60. Electricity
61. The mini-fridge I bought for my classroom
62. And the microwave also.
63. And that I keep it unplugged except when in use.
64. “My” oak tree
65. Nature. All of it
66. That the birds are being quiet right now. Wow. That’s so rare. And I do love the quiet…
67. My breath. I am so grateful for my breath
68. My feet
69. My ability to walk
70. The beautiful weather these days
71. The parent who are grateful for me
72. People who are fair.
73. Affirmations
74. Generous people
75. Honest people
76. Kind people
77. My father
78. My mother
79. J
80. Ji
81. The plays I did
82. MA
83. St
84. I do make some people smile
85. Toys for my birds. Lucky to have them (And they are playing happily right now again)
86. All the swimming I’ve ever done: )
87. This____
88. Computers
89. Tvs
90. Paths in the woods
91. Beaches
92. I can hear
93. I can color
94. Colors
95. I can crochet
96. My lilac yarn J bought and brought me when I was sick.
97. I think this evening, instead of wasting a ton of time IMing, I shall watch a little tv and crochet. (I know, THAT can seem like a waste too, but I believe is better for me right now)
98. That I drove BACK HOME yesterday morning, to change the birds’ water. Because I remembered they’d been out and there was a little poop in one and I wasn’t sure they’d know enough to only drink from the other one
99. All the safety I have ever enjoyed
100. That I have shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment