Monday, April 21, 2014

The Magic Day 16


The Magic Day 16

I am truly blessed to have yesterday with my mother,
because although at first I was a little nervous, last week, I did NOT let myself focus on that. And when she said would I cook and bring it there instead of restaurant, I was a little nervous at first too, but I did NOT let myself focus on that – I just did it. I am truly blessed for that day, and for this difference in response/reaction!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for Leonard Cohen,
because the song, “Hallelujah” touches me like none other. Here are some amazing versions. If you watch the k.d.lang, make SURE you see the last seconds. It is at his induction to the Canada Hall of Fame and she goes to him in the audience.
Rufus Wainwright, who has a child with Leonard Cohen’s daughter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBo-n_17XU0
Leonard himself with end verses kd doesn’t have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
The first time I ever heard it was on tv show House at end of an episode and I took years to track down that song that touched me so, and this is that version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIF4_Sm-rgQ
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for M telling me I am so special, and A telling me too, and my mother telling me too,
because it FEELS so good.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for all the system of my body,
because I am so lucky that they work so well! My brain, my intestines, my kidneys, my heart, my lungs, my circulation, my blood, my hands, my muscles, my voice, etc etc etc!!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have good healthy organic food and to make so much of it now,
because I am eating much more healthily. More simple, homemade foods with whole real ingredients!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for losing weight,
because I AM losing weight! And it is by taking care of myself, not by anyone’s specific “program” and I like this this way. For now… : )
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for fb friends that I know irl and that I don’t,
because my life is expanded and we help each OTHER’S lives! They are actually grateful for me too!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for this day off,
because I will straighten AND get to mother’s AND get to library to enjoy doing some French!
Yay for this day off!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for ME being the person in the whole district responsible for it!
Because although I’m sure no one remembers it anymore, I do. The union was wanting it. We weren’t getting it. If asked to vote I’d vote for, but I wasn’t fighting…. Then at one meeting people who need it spoke up and I heard them! They could not see their own family – like elderly mothers – on Easter, the most important of the Christian holidays – if travel were involved, because couldn’t get back for work Monday! So I realized I must “fight” for this.
I was told kind of, “Give up. It ain’t gonna happen.”
Uh uh!
They actually said the “other side” understood – just couldn’t find the day!
What?
I knew THAT was not an insurmountable problem! I would find the day!
They said, “Forget it. We have looked at the calendar a million times. It is not findable.”
I said something polite that really meant shut up and I spent the time looking and thinking.
And I came up with it!
It was something like, “Move our superintendent’s conference day to election day when school is closed to students anyway, and have classes on what WAS originally to be superintendent conference day. There. Found.”
They did it!
And we have this day off every year since!
I’m sure nobody around even remembers it anymore. But I do!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my happy healthy birds,
because I get to share my life with them and they share theirs with me. And they have each other! That was the BEST thing I did! : )
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!
--

-

Recollect three separate times throughout your life when you felt on top of the world, and give sincere thanks for those times.

1.When in college or so, and went to doctor, still a fearful person, and was examined and told, “You are wonderfully healthy!” and came out and literally kicked up my heels on the sidewalk! My body did everything I needed and everything I wanted it to! Energy, run, vision, cheerleading moves, looking pretty, breath, muscles, elimination, thinking, voice, piano, typing, every single thing – without so much as a thought about it. And no pains whatsoever. It was all effortless! Wow!
Thank you thank you thank you!

2.As a child, running, skipping, hopping, jumping, bicycling, skating,.. never a thought about sleep or waking up or breath or voice. It just WAS. I just WAS. It was just the way life was.  Wow! What a gift! For so many years oh my gosh!
Thank you thank you thank you!!

3.When I got better from the hospitalization pneumonia. I walked and breathed and sat in yard and recovered. I was here with J. and I believed in the future. And all was right in my world.
Oh thank you thank you thank you. Truly!

Think about 5 functions of your body that are well, and one by one give thanks for each one.

1.My brain works. Wow. I can think and it operates all my bodily functions. I remember a lot. I learn French. I read. Oh thank you, Brain!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

2.My intestines work. I have no troubles with elimination. This is a gift and I am so grateful for it!
Thank you thank you thank you, Intestines!

3.My eyes see. I can see my birds kissing right now, and Jewel bathin a little while ago. I can read and play piano and see all of the beauties of nature. From palm trees (elsewhere) to evergreens and dissiduous trees here. To the ocean and the woods and the grass and flower, the sky. I can see my mother’s face smile at me and the students and J’s blue eyes and doggies and color. I am so grateful for both my beautiful precious eyes!
Thank you thank you thank you!

4.My blood is good. I have good cholesterol and triglycerides and am getting my sugar in order. I am free of blood diseases and that is very lucky.
Thank you thank you thank you!

5.My muscles work. I can walk and bend and use my hands. I can stretch. I can drive. I can get everything done for work and fun. How fortunate!
Thank you thank you thank you!

6.My voice works. I can speak. I remember when I couldn’t. I have good vocal chords!
Thank you thank you thank you!

7.My lungs work. I can breathe. Deep good cleansing breaths. This used to be a problem for me. No more!
Oh thank you thank you thank you!

8.My esophagus works. Clean and clear.
Thank you thank you thank you!

9.I was able to keep my cervix when I had to have the hysterectomy. (It was a necessary one, yes).
Oh thank you thank you thank you!

10.My stomach works. Digesting food. And even lets me know when is full now!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Well, I couldn’t stop at 5!
Thank you thank you thank you!
-
 And gave the one minute focusing on the thing I want to be perfect, visualizing it as so, and now I will give thanks for it.
Thank you thank you thank you for my healthy perfect eyes! My right eye iss seeing perfectly. Strongly connected with brain and full eyesight. Both eye lenses are clear. The eye pressure is totally normal.
I am SO fortunate!
Thank you thank you thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment