Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Magic. Rest of Day 5. And Day 6

Rest of Day 5

My List of So Much I Was Given, Even though I Did Not Have Money
Private schools. Kindergarten through college! Thank you
All school books – even through college! Thank you
My bookcases Thank you
My music cases Thank you
My uniforms – including when there were different ones for warm weather, and for gym class! Thank you
All my play clothes Thank you
All my Sunday clothes Thank you
All my shoes including oxfords and sneakers Thank you
My cheerleading uniform and club shoes Thank you
Soap, shampoo Thank you
Hair brush and comb Thank you
Transistor radio Thank you
Housing Thank you
A table to eat at and chairs Thank you
Coloring books and crayons Thank you
Sofa and chairs and bed Thank you
Chifforobe Thank you
Built-ins in one house Thank you
Books Thank you
A curio in my teens! Thank you
Trips to Herb’s for treats like yo-yos and malted ice creams and comic books and egg creams etc. Thank you
Sometimes candy treats Thank you
Dolls Thank you
Toys Thank you
Mr. Robot Thank you
Little Red Spinning Wheel Thank you
Lincoln Logs Thank you
Girl Scout dues if any Thank you
And uniform Thank you
And sash Thank you
And badges Thank you
And materials Thank you
AND – sleeping bag, canteen, etc etc all the equipment Thank you
The trip to the French restaurant when teacher said we had to, despite the expense! Thank you
The carving tools and block of wood when art teacher said needed Thank you
Car trips Thank you
Vacations to DC twice Thank you
And Iowa twice Thank you
LOTS of days at beaches Thank you
And parks Thank you
All my food Thank you
Birthday parties Thank you
Presents every birthday, Christmas, Easter, and Valentine’s Day Thank you
Presents for friends at their parties Thank you
Rides everywhere Thank you
Jewelry Thank you
My ears pierced Thank you
Anklet and fancy shoes too Thank you
Piano lessons Thank you
Swimming and basketball, neither of which I chose to continue Thank you
Royal Doulton figurines Thank you
Hummels Thank you
My own room and furniture Thank you
Picking the paint color and color of furniture Thank you
Bike Thank you
Toy trucks Thank you
Turtles Thank you
Fish Thank you
Later even a dog Thank you
Movies Thank you
Radio City Thank you
Other plays Thank you
The Automat Thank you
Resteraunts Thank you
Concerts Thank you
Stamp collecting Thank you
Proms and gowns and shoes– 3! Thank you
Embroidery Thank you
Doctors Thank you
Later, money for my wedding and honeymoon Thank you
Medicines Thank you
Vitamins Thank you
Dentist Thank you
Braces thank you
Toothbrush, toothpaste Thank you
Later even a water pic Thank you
Television Thank you
PhoneS Thank you
Even two phone lines as we get older Thank you
Electricity Thank you
Lights Thank you
Bed reading light Thank you
Sheets Thank you
Blankets Thank you
Pillows Thank you
Towels Thank you
Dishes, glasses, flatware, good sets too Thank you
Antique cups and saucers we got to use too once old enough Thank you
Water Thank you
Adventureland Thank you
Pools Thank you
Drive-in movies Thank you
Museums Thank youWashing machine and dryer and dishwasher after like age 12 Thank you
Pots and pans and all for cooking Thank you
Even specialties like egg cuts and sterling silver grape cutters Thank you
Parties for my friends including a dinner party Thank you
Parties for my mother’s friends and I could be included too Thank you
Specialty antipastes my father used to make Thank you
Fresh summer fruits Thank you
Always more for us than for them Thank you
Napkins and paper towels and tablecloths Thank you
My aquariums – 2! Thank you
And all the fish and acroutrements for them Thank you
A cruise Thank you
Picnics Thank you
School/ church carnivals Thank you
Spending money for the fair at the nun’s place once a year Thank you
And all class trips Thank you
Trips to the butcher on a Saturday for a steak sandwich. (I was not a vegan lol) Thank you.
Special places like PJ Clark’s and more. Thank you.
Two amazing stuffed poodles. Large. My mother wanted them for us, one each. The woman at the (upscale but I forget which one) department store said can’t – they’re part of a display! Not for sale! My mother got her to sell them to us! Thank you.
Bakery every Sunday morning. Thank you.
Bus fare for me to go to the mall. Thank you.
ALL OF THIS WAS PROVIDED FOR ME BY THE UNIVERSE. YES, I KNOW, MY PARENTS WORKED FOR IT. BUT I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING! IT WAS JUST THERE! So I can expect to continue ALWAYS having EVERYTHING I need! And more!
Thank you thank you thank you!



Day 6

I am truly blessed to have this day off,
because some people have no days off. And I have this whole free day to do whatever I need to do and whatever I want to do. I can do French, piano, clean-up, birds time, see mother. Or nothing. Or walk outside. Or read, watch tv, exercise, cook, go to a movie. Such freedom in a whole day off. With health. And with enough money. As last two days have shown me. Wow. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for college,
because I got to learn so much and to be exposed to so much. Philosophy, theologies, psychology, tennis, biology, statistics, some calculus (well I didn’t really LEARN that lol), French, literature, teaching. So much. My parents paid for it. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my greater self,
Because it pushes and encourages me to help others. And it makes my conscience feel good, therefore. Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for flowers,
because they are part of the whole web of all life. Attracting bees and birds and others. Adding color and scent and beauty to our days. They grow and regrow. I love flowers! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have the moon,
because it helps light the night sky. And its phases are so interesting. And it governs water on our planet and in our bodies. And when we were little we thought there was a “man in the moon.” A magical concept. I love the moon. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the stars,
because they are so beautiful. And because our vital sun is one. And because of all the stories humans have come up with forever about them. I love to look up and see the stars. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my sense of smell,
because it enables me to enjoy the fragrance of flowers. And it protects me helping me to know what to stay away from. And it adds to the joy of food with no added calories lol. I love that I have a sense of smell! Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my public library,
because it is a beautiful building. And I have been going there since it opened, when I was about 12 I think. And I learned about beautiful native poetry there. And have gotten so many wonderful books from there. And music too. We met a friend there. And now, I do my French there once a week. And it is all free. I am so thankful for my local public library! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for A,
because he is there for me as a friend. He knows a lot about life and how to abide. His parents were holocaust survivors. He cares about my health, happiness and welfare. He checked up on me the other day when didn’t see me on fb in am. I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for A’s friendship! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for hope,
because it keeps me going – somehow – no matter what. Hope reminds me there is always a better moment. And hope brings me back to THIS moment being wonderful too. Thank you thank you thank you!

I must add that my birds jus as I was writing about hope, flew right over my head, and Summer still is. And what joy that brought/brings me! Thank you thank you thank you!!

And I must also add my intense gratitude for meditation. I will do some today. Meditation keeps me grounded in the present moment, where life is only available anyway. More tomorrow.

Thank you thank you thank you!

And now:
 

The one situation in my life that I most want to resolve is my relationship with J. I am to list 10 things for which I am grateful about the situation.

I am so truly grateful that I have had this lonely time, so I can appreciate the not being lonely when it comes and not take it for granted. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that J is open to seeing if we can be together and happy. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have now learned the importance of looking good each day. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have the birds keeping me company and I am good for them too. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that J is accepting my little meals for him and appreciative of them. Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have had plenty of sleep during this time Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have started my French lessons during this time! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have gotten back to the library during this time! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have played in two piano recitals during this time! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have gotten into healthier foods and eating during this time! Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so truly grateful that I have gotten into this book during this time!, Thank you thank you thank you! (I know – this is eleven – thank you thank you thank you)

Thank you thank you thank you!

And for this one day, I will not say anything negative. IF I notice myself saying or thinking something negative, I will stop immediately and say, “But I have to say that I am really grateful for _____.”

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment