Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Magic Day 26


The Magic Day 26
Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have had yesterday given to me at work to do that work,
because it saved time and energy and discomfort for me and the kids. AND it gave my aide a sub day.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the way the kids handled it! No one seemed nervous!
Because they should feel comfortable.
Hm, secondly, it also saved me some stress and time that they didn’t seem nervous. But I just thought of THAT now!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the wonderful working lunch with K,
because we came up with a great idea, AND we had a nice time together.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my friendship with A in the mornings IMing,
because I have company while having coffee.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have the two book recommendations from yesterday,
because these two I am really looking forward to reading!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for today, during which I have TWO breaks!
Because I can read, or play piano, or do French, OR work during them. Yay.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the beauty of my birds,
because I love looking at their colors, as I got to do so close up this morning.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for yesterday morning when I showed up unannounced at my mother’s, to find the new aide cleaning the floor and my mother sleeping like a baby. Phew.
Because she was safe and sound and things were getting done. And it was a great relief.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the smiles and laughter from the aide yesterday afternoon when I stopped by too,
because that was also a relief!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my book club,
because it is good for me to be with nice people.
Thank you thank you thank you!

--
Pt II
One mistake I’ve made in my life: mistake on KG’s spelling test all those years ago, and it was so embarrassing as her mother pointed it out.

10 blessings I’m grateful for as a result of that mistake.
1.      It taught me that nothing horrendous came of it or comes of things like that.
2.      It did make me more careful.
3.      I think of all the years of careful work children have benefitted from me with since then.
4.      It helped me slow down a little. And slowing down is something good for me.
5.      I do less multi-tasking now than I used to do, and I wonder that maybe that mistake or that kind of mistake, at least unconsciously, helps me to do less of it.
6.      It also helped me reevaluate my spelling program and the amount of time and effort that that one took.
7.      The whole experience with that extremely(!) outgoing child and mother wand aunt with no phobias and endless energy was a good example for me.
8.      My aide-at-the-time – her response to them helped me too, in the longrun.
9.      That mother’s sort of pushiness about it made me less afraid IN THE LONGRUN.
10.   These mistakes do not matter in a negative way later.

(Helpful questions: “What did I learn from the mistake?” And: “What are the good things that came out of the mistake?”
--

No comments:

Post a Comment