Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Magic May 28


May 28

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have these thoughts/ feelings of strength lately,
because I have needed them all my life and am finally having them. And they are building. More and more. More frequent and more deep. Yay!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for French, my love of that language, my French teacher, my French books, and my studying better now,
because it is mindful for me, because I enjoy it so, because it gives me pleasure, and because bonus – it is good for my brain and I feel it, this learning of something new.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my health,
because every minute of life that I enjoy, I enjoy more because of my health. My health also allows me to care for the birds, to laugh with friends, to have hope for the future, and to teach well and do all the things I need to do.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you too for my appreciation of my body and my good feelings in it lately. And for my looking at the next 5 on the scale, as a sort of general thing like “aim high in steering,” and just knowing I will get to that. And then the next one.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my eye doctor and eye drops,
because I can see!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have the love of M and of MA in my life,
because they truly know who I am and love me. And I am not alone.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for all I do for my mother,
because it is good for my conscience, it helps her, and because I have had closeness with her for so many years and decades, when for a time in my twenties I thought I never could.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my compassion,
Because if I HAVE TO err, I would rather err on the side of compassion than the opposite. We all need compassion imo.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for this gratitude practice.
Because it started years ago with 5 a day, then 10, then 100. Now it is fewer but deeper. It has grown and changed and is really helping my life right now that I spend this time in the mornings on it. And even although not in writing, throughout the day.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the better weather,
because I intend to be outside more.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for smiling more,
because I am. And because as I put more of these positives into my mind and heart, I smile more and still more. And it is coming naturally to me.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so positively grateful for facebook and all the positive posts that add to me and my life.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I had just enough coffee. On a morning without quite enough sleep and in no mood to make more. Perfect!
2.      Breakfast and great ride to work
3.      Nice chat with my aide (classroom aide)
4.      Happy with students; they were happy.
5.      Had a break in the morning
6.      And did some French during it.
7.      Adored the French!
8.      And later, felt am really making progress with it now too! Yay!
9.      Got assessment work done
10.   And beginning of report cards
11.   Gardening was fun even.
12.   Felt for a time, whatever J. wants, I am fine. I have and will have a good life
13.   Took the whole time off after work. NO obligations. Will do today. It all was able to wait a day and I really did need rest
14.   Slept.
15.   Some bad dreams but one that was lovely and I even awakened to my own happy chuckle out loud : )
16.   Did my “Magic” practice in am
17.   And my Magic Rock practice in pm.
18.   Great ride home
19.   Tires fine
20.   Plenty of gas
21.   Food
22.   Water
23.   Smiles with co-workers
24.   And little jokes
25.   Did some great creative work with kids in afternoon.
26.   They LOVED my reading to them too
27.   I KNOW I have helped these kids
28.   And one of the neediest ever, has come SO far. Oh my gosh! She has bloomed! Academically and socially and self-esteem and leadership and risk-taking. YAY!
Thank you thank you thank you!

III My Health and Weight
1.      Thank you, Heart for beating perfectly for me!
2.      Thank you, Lungs, for taking in oxygen and circulating it for me
3.      Thank you, Blood, for being clean and pure and circulating oxygen and nutrients for me
4.      Thank you Throat and Esophagus, for swallowing for me
5.      Thank you, Stomach and Intestines, for getting me nutrients and eliminating waste products.
6.      Thank you, Eyes, for seeing the beauty and wonders of the world for me!
7.      Thank you, Ears, for hearing the sound of happy children, of birds singing, of friends’ love, of the French language, of music, of phone call talks, of all of life for me.
8.      Thank you, Muscles, for enabling me to walk, talk, drive, type, write, read, see, stretch, sit, stand, close and open eyes, --- everything! Thank you thank you thank you!
9.      Thank you, Skin, for being healthy and beautiful and protecting me! Thank you thank you thank you!
10.   Thank you, Eyelashes and all hair. I appreciate you for being protection and for being beautiful too. Thank you thank you thank you!
11.   Thank you, Body, for aiming more and more toward the PERFECT weight, and getting there day by day!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

IV J.
1.      Thank you, J, for loving me for so long!
2.      Thank you, J, for even taking care of me so much for so long!
3.      Thank you, J, for enjoying ourselves together for so long!
4.      Thank you, J, for considering us now!
5.      Thank you, J, for the time we spent together this March!
6.      Thank you, J for still doing so much for my mother!
7.      Thank you, J, for taking such good care of doggie!
8.      Thank you, J, for the help buying my piano!
9.      Thank you, J, for the laughter!
10.   Thank you, J, for the great sex for so long!
Thank you thank you thank you!

V My Home
1.      Thank you, that I have a home
2.      Thank you, that I have a roof
3.      Thank you, that last night when I awakened sweating and unable to get back to sleep, I was able to put on air conditioning! What a luxury! Thank you thank you thank you!
4.      Thank you that I have laundry in my house. (And that I did it the other day and do it every week). Thank you thank you thank you!
5.      Thank you that I have places to sleep (bed and couch). Thank you thank you thank you!
6.      Thank you that I have a tv. Thank you thank you thank you!
7.      Thank you that I have yards and trees and grasses (not lawn lol, but grassy stuff and I love it). Thank you thank you thank you!
8.      Thank you that I have cellar so don’t have to see clothes hanging and drying up here. Thank you thank you thank you!
9.      Thank you that I have windows to see nature through them! Thank you thank you thank you!
10.   Thank you that I have wood floors. Thank you thank you thank you!
11.   Thank you that I have a fireplace. I haven’t used it since got the birds, but thank you anyway for real! Thank you thank you thank you!
12.   Thank you that I have a stove! Thank you thank you thank you!
13.   Thank you that I have a fridge! Thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you for the concept of Enough.
Thank you thank you thank you!

VI Classroom
1.      Thank you that I have a piano in my classroom! Thank you thank you thank you!
2.      Thank you that I have banners colorful and lovely up high, that J. put there. Thank you thank you thank you!
3.      Thank you that I have kites J. made and hung. Thank you thank you thank you!
4.      Thank you that I have a SmartBoard. Thank you thank you thank you!
5.      Thank you that I have computers. Thank you thank you thank you!
6.      Thank you that I have a nice desk J got for me. Thank you thank you thank you!
7.      Thank you that I have this class. Which was promised to be my worst ever, but I love them so. Thank you thank you thank you!
8.      Thank you that I have legos and Lincoln logs for them. And they use them and love them! Thank you thank you thank you!
9.      Thank you that they office gave me the good strong pencil sharpener after all these years. Thank you thank you thank you!
10.   Thank you that I get enough money to spend for supplies each year. Thank you thank you thank you!
11.   Thank you for my aide this year. How wonderful it has turned out to be.
Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment