Monday, May 12, 2014

The Magic Day 30


Day 30
Remember the Magic

1. Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have   been feeling better than yesterday, this morning so far,
because yesterday I felt  was getting something – with scratchy throat and runny nose and feeling cold but skin warm.
I am feeling better than THAT today.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the sleep last night,
because it helped me start to feel better.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for fresh hot coffee this morning,
because it feels good going into my chest AND is waking me up AND always helps my mood.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for breath,
because I am so lucky to have it. Realy!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have that chapter in the book that talks about the happiness of those people getting on the bus with her in – the Phillippines? – and how happy they were – just to be alive and breathing,
because it has put me in mind to feel that way too! More and more!
Thankt you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for a clean and clear bathtub/shower,
because I remember too vividly when it wasn’t, and what it was like to shower on those days.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for a working washing machine anddrer and dishwasher too,
Because life is much easier with them than it was without them.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the coffee maker,
because it does the job, is quick and easy, takes 5 miutes, and does NOT give mea headache as coffee from many of them does.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for hope in my heart,
because it keeps me going.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for living in the moment more,
because as Thich Nhat Hanh says, ‘Life is only available in the present moment.”
Thank you tank you thank you!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!.

2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Yesterday I saw my mother
2.      Got through my fears
3.      Was able to APPRECIATE that I COULD see her
4.      Gave her a great meal
5.      And a nice time, I think
6.      Saw Ma before that and gave her cthe check and the cash
7.      And she gave me the really nice card to give to my other and the chocolate for her too
8.      My mother’s new weekend aide is great. Oh, thank God! What a difference from the others!
9.      I will try to keep her.
10.   I was so nice to her
11.   She was cheerful
12.   I drove out of my way for her
13.   I ate Chinese food
14.   And my mother had what she loves
15.   We had safe rides
16.   And comfort
17.   I helped her with bathroom but nothing big happened; I only had to help with pants
18.   WE watched a little cooking together on public television. She loves that
19.   I LOVE watching television with my mother!
20.   I got her grocery shopping done.
21.   I felt SO MUCH better just getting out and about!
22.   I did MY shopping too.
23.   At supermarket not health food store, which is fine and cheaper and was what I had time for yesterday.
24.   I have plenty of healthy food here now. Phew!
25.   People at the restaurant were nice ot my mother
26.   And gave her a long-stemmed pink rose too
27.   Summer and Jewel after their tiff, made up.
28.   I gave them much good food
29.   I did my laundry and can look ood this week again
30.   I did not overeat at night though wanted to! Yay!!!
31.   I decided to NOT go for mani-pedi though need, because needed the sleep and healing more
32.   Nice chats with A and no arguments or referring to the one from day before.
33.   The ability my mother and I have developed – somehow – to talk honestly.
34.   I did not call J.
35.   M and I good moment
36.   I slept
37.   I had interesting dreams
38.   When I look bac scanning the day, I realize that every breath was a miracle.
39.   Every work
40.   Everythingi saw
41.   Every safe ride
42.   The swallowing and eating
43.   And for my mother too
44.   The laughter
45.   Her telling me I’m funny. People always say that irl. Wow!
46.   That I lived for that day.
47.   That I went to bed feeling better than I’d woken up. That means it got better.
48.   I wrote a little about my mother on fb
49.   And some people “Liked’ and some commented.
50.   Having enough money for groceries
51.   My mother paying me what she’d owed me too (well some of it lol).
52.   And that I didn’t remind her of the rest
53.   I had my eye drops as needed
54.   And pill as needed
55.   And I took Vitamin C and lysine cuase felt like coming down with something.
56.   And had hot tea here
57.   And a cup at the restaurant too.
58.   I started another book in the Secret “series.”
59.   The weather was amazing. The sun felt SO good!
60.   The trees are all green and gorgeous.
61.   I made better food choices – again – building up days of that!
62.   A reminding me about “abiding.”
63.   And that all is well and all will be well.
64.   And about living in the MOMENT.
65.   Pretty flower buds outside Ma’s house
66.   J gave my mother a little flowering plant. And she loves it. She calls it “a pretty little plant.”
67.   I set the timer wrong and was waiting incellar for laundry to be done, and I EXERCISED while waiting!
68.   And it felt great.
69.   And I shall do it again today! (although not in the cellar lol)
70.   I actually felt like, “I am what I am. I am good enough.” Either yesterday or the day before.
71. I put no extra pressure on myself. Just relaxed with jigsaw online and unwound at night. 
And I am doing PT II as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment