Monday, May 19, 2014

The Magic


Day 37

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have awakened this morning to the birdsong outside, before I would have awakened to the alarm,
because it was such a pleasant wake to awaken.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for being grateful when I first woke up,
because it is the most wonderful way to start the day.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for getting so much better – almost fully there,
because I am loving these deep breaths!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for being strong enough last night,
because  J and I were going to see each other but he had his phone on vibrate and didn’t hear when I called as he’d asked me to at 5:30. An hour and 15 minutes later, when he called me, I said, quarter to seven after working sick all week, is a little late on a Sunday night for me. And I knew I did the right thing. Because it wasn’t worth it feeling worse all week to have tea with J while exhausted and nervous no less. And because I didn’t necessarily want him to think I drop everything for any  crumb. And because I WOULD do a lot for him, but this wasn’t necessary and I made that decision. Mostly because I felt fine about my decision. It wasn’t angry or to make a point (although that was a decent side effect). It was self-advocacy. Putting my health first. Yay!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have this particular job to go to each day
because not only do I help others, but it is not beyond my abilities, AND I get treated like a human. Ma had horrible stories yesterday about the treatment at her course. I am very lucky.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the fact that I had a great night’s sleep,
because it is refreshing, refueling and healthy!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for paying all my bills on time all these years,
because besides the fact that it gets done, it proves that I CAN do it!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for everything in my morning,
because I actually have life – and was grateful to have it this am when awakened yay – breath, sight, ability to walk, coffee, home, birds, tv, computer, trees in leaf outside window, safety, so much opportunity in a day!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for love of all kinds in my life, because romantic love, friendship love, family love, “pets” love, the love of children, and universal love, all are wonderful! I am so fortunate!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my car,
because I can so easily get to work stores and mother and friends and library ….
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Yesterday I got better physically! Thank you thank you thank you!
2.      Yesterday I spoke with J. Thank you thank you thank you!
3.      Yesterday I had a date with him. Thank you thank you thank you!
4.      When it got to late, I said couldn’t. Thank you thank you thank you!
5.      And knew that was the right decision! Thank you thank you thank you!
6.      I got a mani-pedi. Thank you thank you thank you!
7.      Like the color on my toes! Thank you thank you thank you!
8.      My hair looked great! Thank you thank you thank you!
9.      I love that grapefruit body wash I used in the shower! Thank you thank you thank you!
10.   I ate well and had nutrients and did NOT overeat! Thank you thank you thank you!
11.   I got outside and the weather was beautiful! Thank you thank you thank you!
12.   I saw my mother. Thank you thank you thank you!
13.   We had a nice visit, my mother, Ma, D, and I. Thank you thank you thank you!
14.   I was there for A despite my fatigue. It was the right thing. He is a friend and has been there for me. Thank you thank you thank you!
15.   I knew when it was enough and I really had to lie down had to. And did. Thank you thank you thank you!
16.   I took multi, Vitamin C, and lysine. Thank you thank you thank you!
17.   I had on such pretty clothes, sandals, and even undies and bra and earrings. What treats! Thank you thank you thank you!
18.   I did my Magic Rock practice. Thank you thank you thank you!
19.   I slept well and had good dreams. Thank you thank you thank you!
20.   Yesterday, I was alive! I had breath and voice and sight and ability to walk and a home and the birds and a computer and a tv and soft skin and smiles and hearing and touch and taste and smell and plenty of food and water available and safe drives and I stopped driving when getting dark and eyesight and fatigue things setting in.. Each of these on its own is a miracle and I am so grateful. Thank you thank you thank you!
21.   I put cream on my feet at night to keep them soft. What a gift. Thank you thank you thank you!
22.   I did laundry. Thank you thank you thank you!
23.   It is right here in the house. Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment