Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Magic Day 29 and more now

Day 29


“Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday?
Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.”

Yesterday I woke up. Thank you.
And I had no obligations. Thank you.
I had a nice talk with M.A. Thank you.
And a good little talk with Ma. Thank you.
I was invited out with M. And although I couldn’t go, thank you!
My mother was well. Thank you.
Her new aide is ok I think. Thank you.
I read a bit. Thank you.
Did my magical practice. Thank you!
Magic rock at night. Love it. Thank you.
Birds well. Thank you.
Ate well including greens. Thank you.
Really really really wanted to binge at night and didn’t! Thank you.
Did not let A continue to upset me and said not talk about it anymore. Thank you!
Did gratitudes. Tahnk you!
Had whole day off. Thank you!
Played some Chopin. Thank you!
Did some facebook. Thank you!
Enjoyed some free online jigsaw puzzles. Thank you!
My birdies had food and water and toys as every day and for that I’m grateful.
I could see and hear and walk and talk and for all that I’m grateful.
L called for nice long talk. Thank you!
I had freedom and safety and a home.
The leaves were in bloom outside my windows.
I had furniture and pillows and temperature comfort.
My hands, my laptop, my tv.
I slept at night
Many many blessings. Thank you!

Magical Relationships:
Thank you, J, for making me laugh!
Thank you, J, for this new chance for us.
Thank you, J, for teaching me about the needs of others’ – of strangers.
Thank you, J, for the physical touch we’ve enjoyed.
Thank you, J, for having integrity.
Thank you, J, for being open to eastern practices.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you, M.A., for knowing who I really am and loving me.
Thank you, M.A. for the honest talks through all the years and still ongoing.
Thank you, M.A., for the laughter. We always manage to find it!
Thank you, M.A., for complimenting how I am as a teacher.
Thank you, M.A. for your honest look at life and just seeing and stating it as it all is. Plainly.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you, M, for loving me so much.
Thank you, M. for always acting positively.
Thank you, M, for helping me become more fun as a teacher.
Thank you, M, for being there when I’ve been down.
Thank you, M, for loving my humor.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you, Ma, for loving my mother.
Thank you, Ma, for having integrity.
Thank you, Ma, for trying every day!
Thank you, Ma, for doing the right thing.
Thank you, Ma, for agreeing to the change in schedule!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you, An, for being kind and gentle with me, as I was so nervous about all the lawyer stuff.
Thank you, An, for working on my case.
Thank you, An, for always answering emails.
Thank you, An, for not putting me down for my mistakes or the times things took em.
Thank you, An, for helping me do the things I needed to do and explaining them to me.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Depth of my gratitude.
To be able to have two happy little birds in my home and in my life, and to carefor them and give them so much freedom to fly is such an honor and a gift! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

To be able to talk on the phone with people who care about me and about whom I care, is a gift of invention, time, effort, care, and luck.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

To be able to drive is a gift of sight, hearing, coordination, lessons, license, car, practice, time. And it enables me to go so many places. It carries with I extra freedoms.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

To have been to London (and other parts of England). Wow. By myself. Wow. Planned it, paid for it, go there, stayed there, got back. The flights, the buses, the taxi rides, all of it. The touring. The walking. The shopping. The enjoying it!!!! I go tto do that! I had the opportunity! and I took it! And I did it! And I love it!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

To have increased my students’ reading so much this year! I am so grateful for that day I learned about this method. And that I took it on and ran with it. And that they have enjoyed it so tremendously! And really improved as readers!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

That I never worry about whether I will have a next meal. Wow. This is VERY fortunate! As difficult as it can be to not overeat, and to eat good foods, I can not really imagine how difficult it must be to worry over where food will come from.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

That I get to shop for my mother’s food. What a gift! I get to give to her and it really doesn’t take much from me at all. In fact, it “forces” me out on some days when I would be very lazy and perhaps get a bit down otherwise!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I am losing weight! This is helping my health and my looks and my self-esteem! I am DOING it!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

My breath. I am so grateful for my breath. Oh my gosh what a gift! I just breath withoug thinking of it. And I am aware of some deep breaths too. Like just now. And I can use my breath, and do, for mindfulness.  Meditation. The breathing game with the kids. My breath carries oxygen to my cells and helps me with everything I do, from thinking to walking…
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

My muscles. I am so grateful to be able to write and play piano and type and walk and move my eyes and stretch and bend and drive and carry groceries and reach and cook and hold things. I am very grateful for my muscles!
Thank you thank you thank you!!! 


100 Gratitudes
1.      I do not have to line up for my quota of supplies
2.      I have shoes that fit me
3.      And even different styles and different for different seasons
4.      And even boots for warmth and boots for wet
5.      I have been loved and I am loved
6.      My oak tree
7.      My birdy Jewel.
8.      My birdie Summer
9.      That they are so close to each other.
10.   That I took them home together because of that. Yay they get to stay together.
11.   That I feed them fresh organic greens virtually every single day!
12.   I have never had my freedom taken away from me.
13.   I have been to London.
14.   And Niagara Falls
15.   And D.C.
16.   And L.A.
17.   And Barbados
18.   And Bermuda
19.   To the Atlantic Ocean
20.   And the Pacific
21.   I have felt the sand in on my toes.
22.   I have swam in the water.
23.   And I can do all of this again
24.   And more too
25.   I have a college degree
26.   Ad a Masters degree
27.   And a job
28.   And a home
29.   And a car
30.   I have neer been truly unsafe
31.   I did not have dyslexia or ADD or ADHD
32.   I can read
33.   J teaching me about picturing my mother’s hospital machines and regulating my own breath etc and picturing them changing when she had that horrible event all those years ago.
34.   That I did it.
35.   The honesty and straightforwardness of my friend A, including his understanding of human nature.
36.   Same with dear M.A.
37.   That Ma (aide to mother) agreed to the change! Oh! Thank God for that!
38.   Thich Nhat Hanh says, “You have all the conditions for happiness.” And he is right. I know that.
39.   Using his gentling-away-of-fear worked for me underground in London and on plane ride home, both. And neither lasted 2 minutes I’m sure.
40.   That I am a good actress
41.   That I know how to meditate
42.   Leaves
43.   Oxygen
44.   Every friend of mine. All my life. From Ja and Mi when pre-school and into, to second grade V and R beyond, to 7th and beyond L, to Je all the way to each of you here and irl and on fb. Very grateful for friends.
45.   I am also grateful that I am a good friend. People can trust me. I have even saved lives. And I keep confidences.
46.   I am grateful for every single meal where I forego animal products.
47.   I am very grateful for hope. Because the type person I am, with hope in my heart, well, that keeps me going.
48.   And I am particularly thankful for when it is REALISTIC hope!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
49.   I am so grateful for my eyesight.
50.   And that it is clearer these days!
51.   And for my voice.
52.   And for when I didn’t have it, which has wound up helping me appreciate it so much now.
53.   For living in the moment more.
54.   I am very grateful that I do not do drugs.
55.   That illegal drugs do not call to me.
56.   Nor does alcohol. I am very grateful for this.
57.   And for protein foods.
58.   Inspirational books. Very grateful for inspirational books.
59.   That my carotid artery is not clogged like they’d thought!
60.   And I am helping my blood sugar!
61.   That I have my mother, to see today. Yes I get very nervous about it, but the last two holidays plus others worked out so well. And I am glad she’s here. None of us will always be. And it gives me the opportunity to give. Which is always a good thing.
62.   Grateful very very grateful for feeling that the book The Magic had changed me.
63.   And that will continue these practices daily.
64.   And that they are more positive than the things I USED TO do
65.   Although those contributed too I’m sure, to my getting better and better
66.   Very grateful for my job.
67.   And that I am having a little fun at it now.
68.   And making sure the kids do!
69.   I am very grateful that I mistimed the laundry and just now had to wait like 15 minutes for it! So – while waiting down there, in the cellar, smelly and cluttered and standing on things, I did exercises! Great!
70.   AND – they helped me feel better!
71.   And – I am grateful for that reminder: I NEED to get moving every day.
72.   And I need to get out virtually every day.
73.   Then made Breathe Easy tea sipping now
74.   And while making, planed Chopin. Well! Not badly like yesterday.
75.   And maybe that is the last piece for me. Continue these things of COURSE! But add the exercise every day and outdoors every day possible. Yes. Back to that.
76.   No. Not back to that. Forward to that anew.
77.   Educating. Being part of that process.
78.   That I always felt safe in school.
79.   And still do.
80.   Indian food
81.   Chinese food
82.   Italian food
83.   Ethiopian food
84.   Vegetables
85.   That I eat or drink (nutribullet) leafy greens and/or cruciferous vegetables virtually every day now
86.   I am so grateful for enough water to drink
87.   Birds had tif today. Are better now. Grateful that are better. and singing. And that have own personalities. And that I get that.
88.   Some humor with L IM this am.
89.   Me when I am open- minded
90.   And when I try my best
91.   Me. Just me. God made me and I am good enough at the moment.
92.   Grateful for that thought.
93.   That I am a good teacher
94.   And funny
95.   And fun
96.   And smart
97.   And talented
98.   And that people say these things to me
99.   That I am managing ok without my dr!!
100. Beautiful weather today it seems! And I just looked it up and it IS!
101. And 2 good books to read now, besides the Secret series, fiction.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment