Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Magic

Day 33


Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have my body that works so well for me,
because everything I do, I use my wonderful blessed body!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my (still little) meditation practice,
because among other things, it gets me in touch with my body!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my losing weight and not obsessing, just sort of looking for the next 0 and then the next 5 on the scale and aiming toward it,
because it is working!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my emotions reacting so strongly to greens or lack thereof and against white pasta,
because as uncomfortable as that has been, it has pushed me to eat better, which is of course much better for me in EVERY way!
Thank you thank you than kyou!

I am truly blessed to have my tv working
because although I hope to change this one day, it does relax me at night.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for Mh in my life,
because she is deep, cheerful, fun-loving and brave. I love her even though our relationship is only online.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my chat yesterday with our office person ,
because I learned something very encouraging and was able to share it.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my sunglasses,
because they are good for me in so many ways. And they are even so pretty too!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my clothes and shoes
because I was able to look cute and I was comfortable too yesterday.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for the kids leading meditation,
Because it is so good for them. And frankly, there is nothing like being led in meditation by a child! Wow!
Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I got to my mother’s. Despite being so tired and this cold settling in my chest a bit. So glad I got there
2.      And didn’t contaminate her I’m sure
3.      And helped with a couple of things while there
4.      Slept a lot.
5.      Great dream. Going in car with L and afraid of Tappan Zee Bridge because looked like such delay – president was there. But couldn’t avoid. Too late. Tried to make turn but wound up instead, on worst of it! Major metal and construction. Scared but DETERINED to get through without panic. Had pill in purse; knew that if desperate could take one and L could drive. But would be problem changing seats. DETERMINED to not need that! DID IT! And at stop, turned out was place to stop and socialize like a house but the back room – like kitchen – was open to river like over it like a porch. And we sat and chatted and had such nice time. And then were swimming – no worry that shorts and terrycloth top on Just loving it! So it all worked out great. I like that dream!
6.      Gave Je all kinds of vibes, prayers and offering for her special intention.
7.      She was very grateful and said it meant more than I would know. I didn’t expect that and was glad for it.
8.      Had great green drink for breakfast – brought it with me. Here’s what it was: kale, swiss chard, spinach, tiny amount goji berries and walnuts, 2 brazil nuts, little bit mixed tropical fruit from jar, water.
9.      Will have greens today too, of course.
10.   Did ot eat sweets last night although wanted to.
11.   God math lesson yesterday.
12.   And kind of good social studies.
13.   Great reading to them.
14.   Kids made progress in computer work
15.   I had plenty of protein and vitamins too
16.   I laughed with colleagues
17.   I stayed positive
18.   I helped a colleague a lot, even though she is a pain in the neck. But I was able to remember the bigger picture; that we are all doing our best...
19.   When I think of it, I had so many miracles yesterday! I saw
20.   I heard
21.   I felt
22.   I tasted
23.   I smelled
24.   I drove safely
25.   I wasn’t even in any tie-ups
26.   My tire was not flat even though the light came on and I will have it checked today
27.   I had health despite this cold
28.   I was free
29.   I had a lunch break
30.   I had a prep
31.   I had access to plenty of water and fresh food
32.   I had coffee
33.   I made lunch plans for next Tuesday
34.   I handled uncomfortable work emails well, I think.
35.   I was open-minded
36.   ***There was a time during the day when I felt that whatever, regarding J. I am DESERVING of love and if choose to, will find it!
37.   I was not trapped in a mine. God bless those who were.
38.   I was not kidnapped. God bless those who were.
39.   I was not in a war. God bless those who were.
40.   I made some kids smile, yay!
41.   I showed a great thing on the SmartBoard
42.   I knew that today I will get to do French and have a lesson
43.   I was able to swallow
44.   And to think
45.   And to read
46.   And to type and write despite the pain in my left arm
47.   Had good productive meeting with Li at lunchtime
48.   Was prepared for it in time.
49.   We got it done.
50.   The weather was ok
51.   Had nice moment with M
52.   L posted something on my page
53.   And the day before, D did. Nice.
54.   My digestive system worked
55.   I no longer have GERD.
Thank you thank you thank you!
And for today’s part II I will do the gratitude walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment