Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Magic May 24


May 24

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have gone last night.
Because I can at times be very shy. Plus it was to be raining and I was getting nervous. Plus was worried about weekend and fatigue. Plus was deeply remembering what happened with O, my former friend/piano teacher, and was very nervous about going to dinner with French teacher. But made myself. And I wound up having the MOST WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for this day off,
because I screwed up and overate last night and have nervous + food-induced intestinal issues today. I needed the break. But I will get it next time WITHOUT the self-abuse.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for the feeling of being okay, and of strength and independence last night and truly internally BELIEIVNG that I do NOT WANT J if he doesn’t love me,
because this is a much healthier feeling.
Thank you thank you thank you for that!

With all my heart, thank you for talking with L this am,
because we have a good friendship.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have the idea that IF – IF – am alone when old, friends single could get together and live in community together looking out for each other,
because it is a good secondary plan.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for sleep,
because I remember when I couldn’t, and I wound up so ill with double pneumonia.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my having fessed up to M about my overeating last night,
because I feel cleaner now.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for    ,
Because    .

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for her loving me so much and accepting me fully AND telling me she knows all that I accept in her too
because our friendship and chosen sisterhood is priceless.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for light tv and my laptop. FOR NOW although hopefully I won’t always “need” then.
Because they are helping me through this day.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.    Fun for kids
2.    And fun with kids
3.    Got to tell a mom how great her kid doing.
4.    I have brought this child up seven levels in reading in 9 months!
5.    Nice chat with aide
6.    Surprise visit with mother
7.    Had half day at work
8.    Brought my lunch and ate with her
9.    Talked to her aide about what to do. Oy! Glad I did.
10.                  Walk with her a bit. Called this am and talked with aide as well as mom too
11.                  Wrote and studied some French verbs
12.                  And prepositions
13.                  And – went out to dinner with French teacher!
14.                  Had VERY nice time with her!
15.                  We were both surprised to hear other’s “love” story as so similar in some ways!
16.                  I like her value system.
17.                  We got along well
18.                  And this is huge – HUGE – while I was with her and then afterward, I felt – strong. Like, I won’t WANT J. if he doesn’t LOVE me. That was HUGE. (I came home and really overate – only 2nd time in months, and do not feel it so much now, but remember it – and it was awesome!)
I am very grateful for all these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment