Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bird Journal - Day 25

They're catching on!
Starting to trust me. To know me!
Yesterday, Summer let herself stretch til she was standing on my finger
First one foot, then two.
Then went away after a little,
Then came back with two right away.
And ate from my hand.

Today, I got home and came right in as usual to greet them,
and they both looked at me.
Nice nice.
And Jewel said something to me, Tweet Tweet,
and went and sat on the greens dish, which was now empty! (*It had greens this morning, plus the seeds/pellet dish is always half full).
So I went and got more, put it in, and they both went right to it.

Yay!


And now -
this evening -
I just fed them their millet treat.
And THIS TIME,
*Jewel* came onto me. Flew right on, after only 5 minutes.
Then Summer little foot, a little foot,
and then they were *both* standing on my hand and eating out of it.
I had such joy feeling their precious little feet on me, and knowing that these dear ones are beginning to trust me. And more and more.

And then - I gave them a new toy. And I've already seen Jewel toy with it. Yay.

***These are NOT my birds, but this is a pic I found online and it reminds me of tonight a bit:)

2 comments:

  1. Those will be your birds before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwah! Thank you so much for being here, Birdie. I love you xo

    ReplyDelete