Thursday, April 11, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. I will probably get better.
2. Am so much better already.
3. EJ
4. Birdie
5. JJ
6. The book “Hamlet’s Blackberry
7. EJ for telling me about it
8. I may read it soon
9. I will unplug THIS SATURDAY!
10. And that will mean: Yes to birds
11. Yes to piano
12. Yes to walks
13. Yes to cleaning
14. Yes to bank
15. Yes to mother visit
16. Yes to reading paper book
17. Yes to reading magazine if I want
18. Yes to cooking
19. Yes to laundry
20. Yes to laughter
21. Yes to stereo classical music
22. Yes to house phone (not excessively, but leave it on)
23. No to computer after grats
24. No to fb
25. No to email
26. No to cell phone
27. No to texting
28. No to iPad
29. No to Nook
30. No to online Scrabble
31. Yes to bringing real Scrabble game to my mother
32. Will try no to tv. Will really try! Just one day. Should do!
33. Yes to the park
34. Maybe even yes to seeing doggie!
35. Wow. That’s a lot of life
36. I a so grateful to have heard from EJ. I’d thought she deserted me
37. I am grateful that I did a favor for a friend when I felt so horrible the other day. I did it to HELP, but it got ME feeling better!
38. I am so grateful that O. needed me for the concert and told me so yesterday. That got me practicing, to do for HER< but it was great for ME!
39. I am so grateful that the birds are here and need me. That got me getting the greens for THEM, but *I * wound up eating a lot of greens because of that!
40. I am so grateful that I had to clean THEIR cage for THEM, which got me cleaning some things around here. God bless those birdies.
41. I am so grateful for my dr.
42. And that he cam here yesterday
43. And that he said No men for a while. That is smart. Because I do a malevolent transformation, seeing rejection where there is none, and seeing it as my fault whether there is some or not. And THAT causes the depression mostly always!
44. And I needed some ADVICE. Something TO HOLD ONTO.
45. And I’m grateful that I have hope again
46. And that A. asked if dr. said . . .
47. And I told him yes dr. said.
48. And last night, I felt that relief
49. And it is relief that I have felt before. Each time. Even though will miss… I felt – clean. More involved with the happiness the birds give me. And the hope of who I can be. And am. And freer somehow. Okay. And hopeful.
50. And that L. asked me too
51. And I told him too
52. And am free.
53. I am free from the needs of men. For the first time in my life. Or at least can FEEL IT for the first time in my life. And so grateful for that.
54. I actually awoke feeling weel this morning!
55. And I actually had some pleasant-feeling dreams, omg!
56. Books. I am grateful for good books
57. I can do for myself
58. And who knows what the future will bring
59. The things I learned from G at tai chi years ago, with J
60. And the things I felt
61. And that I can share those with my students
62. I am grateful for oA, where I did learn that concept of doing for OTHERS winds up benefitting YOU YOURSELF. I have never practiced it on purpose, but accidentally felt it this week those times mentioned above
63. For my sponsor, who helped me so much
64. For the greens I ate yesterday, all organic: broccoli, collards, green beans, and spinach.
65. And that I will eat today today
66. And the berries that I ate yesterday: organic: blueberries and strawberries.
67. And will eat today
68. And the potatoes that I ate yesterday: organic
69. And will eat today. So fortunate!
70. And that these kinds of foods are available to me
71. And help me so much
72. And so quickly
73. And that I am “craving” them now
74. The site “10 Tips on Raising Parakeets – or 10 Tips of Caring for Parakeets”
75. And all the good sites about parakeets
76. And that I’m trying now to tame them without clipping their wings
77. That they love when I wheel their (flight) cage into the living room and play piano.
78. I am grateful for this blog
79. And for YOU. So grateful for YOU.
80. Friendships
81. People who love me
82. That I am a good loving friend too
83. The laughter and innocence of babies
84. And children
85. And puppies
86. And newborn goats
87. That day with the little baby goat – or lamb that looked like a goat – on my lap for so long at the “game farm” and J. so patient throughout it
88. Hope. Always grateful for hope.
89. Life
90. My breath
91. My strong healthy lungs
92. My strong healthy legs
93. My strong healthy feet
94. My eyesight
95. I am grateful for my mother
96. And that she is having better days right now
97. And managing to try the physical therapy, bless her
98. For my compassion
99. And everyone else’s.
100. That Jo is putting the TNH Happiness CD’s I lent her, back in the mail for me. Finally. I am glad I lent them to her. But glad to be getting them back!

2 comments: