Sunday, April 21, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. My belief that I will be okay. It is newfound and VERY appreciated.
2. This: “Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.” I don’t know who wrote it.
3. D.T sending me all that info about exercise. SO nice, and generous, and time-consuing. So nice of her
4. Jewel on swing and Summer on perch and they are talking and touching – right now! : )
5. The amount of gentleness that birds require – is much more than I’d antipcipated And I’m grateful for it. Because it is “forcing” ME to be more gentle.
6. I am grateful that J. did my mother’s shopping today, for me so I didn’t have to.
7. And brought doggie to her. She was delighted.
8. And that he and I are decent to each other.
9. And he brought me greens
10. And crackers whole-grain
11. And only brought up two sleeves, as per my request. Because I can’t control myself with more and had said don’t bring, so he suggested bringing up only partial.
12. Penicillin
13. Enough food for the birds! Must go to store tomorrow to get more lol
14. I am grateful for universal spirit
15. And collective unconscious
16. I am grateful for my eyesight
17. And my eye drops
18. And my optaomologist
19. And Rachmaninoff
20. And Mendelssohn
21. And Chopin
22. My piano practice. It is so good for me
23. The two elephant statues I’m getting from O
24. And the two lamps with red shades too
25. And the red little sofa!
26. M’s phone call with me this morning
27. Birdies playing on the climby toy right now
28. That I let L. know there is NO future for us, last night
29. And did it kindly
30. And we are friends today
31. That I let A know I CANNOT be involved with him!
32. And nicely
33. And he accepted
34. And we are friends today
35. Washing machine in house. I am SO grateful for that! Especially on days like today.
36. Think getting better. Starting to anyway
37. Hot baths
38. Honesty
39. I am working on getting over my jealousies
40. I am deciding about whether to ask to move to gr. 3 or not
41. “It is ok to ask for what you want.” As someone at work once told me. I did NOT always feel that way
42. Jewel playing with bell on ring toy now
43. And Summer joining. So fun
44. J asking how they were, “How are the birds? I hear them.” That was nice.
45. And my answer that just came out of my mouth was, “They’re beautiful.” That’s nice that that’s what came to me.
46. That soon I will put in a load of laundry and practice a little piano
47. Elephants
48. Giraffes
49. Lions
50. Birds. Birds birds birds
51. Bird Talk magazine. Although it’s no longer being printed : (
52. Sites about training birds
53. And youtube videos about it too
54. Fb
55. My mother
56. Her life being better right now
57. Her unconditional love of me
58. Enough money to live
59. My hands
60. MA
61. St
62. People who try to do right by others, as I do too
63. People who try to do right by non-human animals, whatever that means to them, as I do too
64. Birdsong. Which I have ALWAYS appreciated.
65. Children
66. Innocence
67. Flowers
68. Baby animals
69. Hope
70. Nature
71. Trees! ALL MY LIFE I have appreciated trees. And birds
72. My father having bought be the little book on birds
73. And the little book on trees
74. And J trying to replace the trees one
75. That these birds WILL get out of the cage! : )
76. Horses
77. Hot tea
78. Hot coffee
79. Hot decaf coffee
80. Hot soup
81. Dishwasher!
82. Microwave!
83. Refrigerator!
84. Sofas!
85. Area rugs!
86. Red oak floors!
87. Mandarin fish. So beautiful.
88. Buddha
89. Compassion
90. J saying I was “a little Bodhisatva.” About 3 years ago. I loved that.
91. Every time I have been fearless.
92. London last year!
93. Wild ocelots. So beautiful.
94. Yellow
95. Art
96. Music
97. My piano
98. J’s help in picking it out.
99. His knowing – from behind – after a year of looking – the first seconds I sat down – that I was comfortable at it. The very moment I felt the word, “home,” come to me!
100. This flight cage for the birds
101. And all their toys: )
102. And a couple of “extras’ already – so can switch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment