Friday, April 26, 2013

My Birdie Babes

They have both been on me more.
AND - I find that if I spend a FEW sessions each day, rather than just one, we get closer more quickly. (Duh! :)

The other night i was able to move my finger around with Jewel on it and even to outside of cage
Last night he was outside the cage for a long time perched on me. Granted, I still need millet for this, but still.

Summer has not come out yet. Is a bit more timid than Jewel. (But takes more of the millet lol)
Jewel is more of the leader.
The door is open right now (cage - not room!) for the past 20 minutes. And when I was changing the food cup, Jewel cam and perched on it in my hand! So I started calling him to my finger. Summer has just watching. Eventually, Jewel took off. ( I had had the cage wide open on purpose; I don't if I'm just changing food and need to get to work or something).

Jewel has seemed to like being on the bamboo window shade (first time), and the top of the bookcase (where he's been before). And loves walking all over the outside of the large cage.
Summer has been communicating with him from inside it. Even hanging upside down to do so!

I hope he will be freer soon. Or at least is happy as is!

These pics are photographically terrible, but are the best I could get. Trying to help them be comfy, not scare them lol!
__________________________
--
***I just got to pet Jewel's front 3 x. Lightly, gently, very short touches. But that was the first time ever and it was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment