Sunday, April 14, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Jewel flew last night in den. They fly in their flight cage, of course. But he flew around the den. Yay.
2. And went back in. Double yay.
3. I feel so overwhelmed and bad and shitty today. BUT I AM grateful. Let’s see now. I am grateful that I can walk. Or EVERYTHING would be worse.
4. Or if I couldn’t see. So I am grateful that I can see
5. And – my vision seems even better than recently. Good.
6. That I have a tv
7. That I have the birds
8. Coffee
9. Tee
10. Water
11. My friend MA. On phone now and driving me crazy. But I do love her.
12. Cooked greens
13. Breads
14. Beans
15. Salad
16. That my birdie boys eat fresh raw organic greens
17. My piano
18. Getting lesson today
19. Practicing
20. My hands
21. My feet
22. My legs
23. My thick hair
24. Books
25. Movies
26. Wood
27. Supermarkets
28. What M. did for me all week
29. D.r. table (may I eat at it soon lol)
30. Pretty rugs
31. Libraries
32. Book stores
33. Amazon.com
34. Stitch & Zip. I just bought this one to do.
35. PBS
36. Bought self newspaper today. Local paper
37. That I no longer “hate” P.C.
38. Talking – just talking – lol with A.
39. My birds chirping right now.
40. That I take good care of them.
41. Oranges
42. Organic baby spinach and organic baby spinach. For me AD the birds
43. Swimming
44. Indoor lighting
45. Ducks
46. Stars
47. Trees!
48. Parks
49. The one near me. That I live near it
50. Good mothers. That St. is such a good mother
51. Buddhism
52. That Jo sent me back my THN tapes
53. My cell phone
54. That I can drive. I remember when I couldn’t.
55. That I can speak. I remember when I couldn’t. Phsyically.
56. And even when I was too shy to.
57. That I am not as phobic as I was
58. That although it is still hard to breathe, I CAN breathe.
59. Doctors
60. That I have my eye drops.
61. Organic food
62. DISHWASHER!
63. Washing machine in house
64. And dryer in house.
65. Broadway plays I’ve seen
66. Concerts I’ve attended. Including Andy Williams
67. And Judy Garland
68. And Judy Collins
69. And Steve martin
70. And Johny Cash
71. And David Brenner with Teresa Brewer first
72. And Randy Travis then George Straight then the Judds then Alabama in one night. Took J.
73. And bought the binoculars for that too.
74. And (stupidly) lent them to strangers at Madison Square Garden! But glad did.
75. And that got back! Lol (J couldn’t believe I did that)
76. And June Carter coming out at Johnny Cash too
77. And Peter Paul and Mary.
78. Twice
79. And chatting with them backstage afterward. Just sitting and talking.
80. And Nana Mouskouri
81. And the Young Rascals when I was little
82. And I can’t even remember who, but those outdoor concerts too. Oh yes, like Lynyrd Skynyrd
83. And I think even Yes
84. Oh and Crosby Stills Nash and Young
85. Seeing Sound of Music on Broadway when little. More than once
86. And Music Man
87. And Camelot
88. And The Man Who Came to Dinner
89. And My Fair Lady with Richard Chamberlain
90. And getting my mother a kiss from him
91. And dinner theater dates I’ve had. Here
92. And in Maryland
93. Outdoor symphony orchestra concerts with J
94. And the Joffrey ballet of Romeo and Juliet he took me too.
95. When Alvin Ailey came to school.
96. And took questions afterward
97. When Ruby Bridges came to school.
98. And that with almost no black students in the whole school population, I managed to get my little black student in although our class wasn’t really invited, with one of her friends and me. Because she wanted to see her SO MUCH!
99. And Ruby nodding to us and not saying things too old for my little ones for the 10 minutes or so we were there.
100. And then we politely left so Ruby could get back to the older stuff. It was all great.
101. Every trip to the Poconos with J
102. Down time. Leisure time.
103. Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment