Monday, April 15, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Even though my dishwasher racks are broken, it still works! Yay
2. That it is running right now
3. That I DID the dishes
4. That I saw O yesterday
5. And had a GREAT piano lesson
6. Got so much help
7. Had a great thought about how if I’m LIVING – IN THE MOMENT – it isn’t as “get-this-done-so-I-can-relax” as I’m used to feeling, which Is a horrible way to feel.
8. Second time realized it in a week.
9. Living it more now already.
10. You have to EXPERIENCE these things – I mean, of course I’ve heard it, I’ve even discussed it, but I’m grateful that now I more “get” it – because EXPERIENCING it.
11. The cheerful look of my birdies in the morning right now.
12. And of their colorful toys
13. And the cheerful sound of them too.
14. That I picked two who were already friends. That was smart of me.
15. That they ARE friends.
16. That I can drive.
17. That I am not paralyzed.
18. That I don’t need a colostomy bag
19. That my mother is getting such excellent help. Even though it is costing a fortune, and my inheritance, it is HER life and she is SO DIFFERENT with the help! Thank God for the help!
20. That I SHOULD be all right financially through my life.
21. And I am grateful that I would never ever ever no matter what ever “screw” J. financially.
22. I am grateful that I am alive and awake this morning to see and hear my birds.
23. And that although I woke far too early (1:30 am(!)), I don’t really feel the need for coffee. I am SO MUCH better physically than last week
24. That the birds are so playful this morning.
25. That I did this for myself (getting them). Happy Birthday last month and ongoing every day, to me.
26. That I have pretty jewelry.
27. That I feel SO MUCH more positive emotionally than last week when I was so sick and so down.
28. That I got through it WITHOUT ASKING FOR J’S help! And he even offered!
29. That I am getting some things from O., as she is getting back together with her husband! I’m getting a few things of hers that I love
30. AND she is happy they are coming to someone who really appreciates them
31. AND she can see them when she visits.
32. She offered me a large, expensive, stainless steel cage for the birds! I can’t take it as the space between the bars is too big for parakeets (she has a cockatoo), but it was SUCH a nice offer
33. And that really, her hubby is the one who thought of it.
34. That I DID get the hell out yesterday!
35. That I HAD TO, to help my mother.
36. So I’m very very grateful that I did what I needed to do for her
37. AND that it wound up so good for me
38. I got smart and did what I USED TO DO when was eating so well and it was far easier to do: I wrote down IN ADVANCE, what I am eating for these seven days, starting today. And made sure to have it all here. And that none of it is hard.
39. That am spending less at food stores now.
40. This cup of “Positive Energy” Yogi tea that I am enjoying right now.
41. That O. is glad I’m playing in concert
42. And said I’ll be good
43. That my INSTINCT with the Chopin was smarter than the changes I tried to make after hearing it online… Yay
44. Refrigeration. How much easier that makes life.
45. That I have finally – finally – started to take care of myself
46. That I paid my mother’s people yesterday.
47. And did her shopping
48. And, having forgotten one thing, went out later for it!
49. And finally got a Swiffer. Phew.
50. And asked O about her hours… Because she manages to work more than 40 hours a week, and exercise at a place 4 x a week, and cook and do laundry…. And practice piano… and look good… shop… So I’m glad I asked. As I’m just re-learning – okay, well, I’ll say it, really – learning how to live.
51. And I’m grateful that I am (learning)
52. Being around someone positive, whose home is neat and clean and in order,… is so good for me.
53. And there are people who feel that way about ME!
54. That she came into CVS with me last night.
55. That I drove her home.
56. That she made me hot tea.
57. And that she spends so little time on the things that are eating my time.
58. That she is reading a book on my suggestion…
59. I am grateful that I have a job to go to today.
60. And a good one.
61. With sweet wonderful children
62. Who love to learn
63. And that I can do it this day, I think (not 100% better but not sick like last week! – much much better)
64. That I can see
65. That I have eyeglasses
66. And eye drops
67. I am grateful for the beautiful salad I’m having for lunch today.
68. And that the A & P is now carrying some organic produce!
69. And that I got organic oranges there yesterday! First time.
70. And organic gala apples. First time tooo
71. And organic potatoes. First time too.
72. And cost less than at health food store
73. That Jewel has flown free
74. And will again
75. And Summer will too.
76. That I picked those names. Cheerful, happy, sweet, cute, non-gender specific
77. That in this day, at this moment, I am okay. Thank you, God.
78. That I can hear
79. That I am sitting here having a second cup of that great tangerine positive energy tea
80. That my birds love greens so much
81. For them. AND that it is such a good example for me
82. That I just cleaned the birds’ cage, the major weekly cleaning
83. And of course changed the papers as every 3 days
84. And gave fresh greens
85. And fresh seeds and pellets and fresh water
86. And that they are very playful this morning
87. That except for one pan which is soaking as I had a burn-accident, every dish etc. that I own is clean right now. As it should always be. Phew
88. I am grateful for every single time I have helped anyone.
89.
I have arrived,

I am home.

In the here,

in the now.

I am solid,

I am free.

In the ultimate, I dwell.

—Thich Nhat Hanh
90. And that “I Have Arrived” was the name of the first retreat J and I went on with TNH in Aug. 2005.
91. That I also got to go in Aug. 2007, with J again
92. And Aug. 2009, with J again!
93. And Apr. 2012, alone, but in London!
94. And that on Wed. of the Aug. 2007 retreat, I became a vegan. It just happened. Looking deeply really works.
95. That althougy I have not been a perfect vegan, I am not angry at myself. I really do do the best I can with what I can at the moment.
96. That I got the flight cage. My birds are flying a lot in it this morning. And I’m so glad they can! And they really do have a lot of room in there.
97. Birdie
98. EJ
99. JJ
100. Both of these, even though they can SEEM contradictory: 1) When you dedicate yourself to transforming your inner world your life quickly shifts from the ordinary into the realm of extraordinary – Robin Sharma. And 2) Act without Expectation – Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment