Saturday, April 27, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Paul Klee - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1315&bih=620&q=paul+klee&oq=paul+klee&gs_l=img.3..0l10.926.2398.0.2574.9.6.0.3.3.0.59.282.6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.img.H7T9wRC6s3I
2. That I do not have a dread disease.
3. The feeling of the birds’ little feet on me!
4. And Fri eve, I got to very lightly pet Jewel’s front 3 little x. It was wonderful!
5. I have ALWAYS loved being around other species.
6. This morning, I awakened late, by the phone ringing. Very late. And walked to bathroom and saw mirror – oh dear! I looked like a still asleep rodent! Wanted to go right back to bed! But – realized the birds…. It is a bit late…. So changed their water and freshened their seed and pellet cup and gave new greens. Glad I did this for them.
7. And by then, *I * was awake and in a decently good place myself! Once again, so grateful to my birdy boys: )
8. On second cup of coffee
9. Resisting temptation to eat badly. This is my body. And I do want to live. I shall take good care : )
10. Beautiful paintings
11. Just in this one morning, there are SO MANY things to be grateful for! In this morning alone, in this short hour or 2 I’ve been up, I have been breathing on my own
12. And walking about the house
13. I HAVE a house
14. Used running water in bathroom
15. HAVE a bathroom
16. Used running water in kitchen
17. I HAVE a kitchen
18. Gave food and water to the birds
19. I HAVE the birds
20. And I HAVE the food and water!
21. I have made coffee
22. And I HAVE the coffee
23. And put organic soy milk in it
24. I have the cups
25. I am typing
26. I CAN type
27. I HAVE fingers
28. I HAVE a laptop computer
29. I have been communicating with A, who is recovering in hospital from surgery
30. I CAN communicate
31. I HAVE cell phone
32. With texting
33. I HAVE that friend
34. I have had two phone calls from L
35. I CAN talk
36. I HAVE a phone
37. I HAVE that friend
38. And one with M
39. I HAVE that dear dear friend
40. And house phone
41. And one with my mother
42. I HAVE my mother
43. And she is well right now, in the day.
44. I can see the LEAVES on the beautiful oak and other trees outside my window. So grateful for that!
45. That I was a Girl Scout for a short time when little
46. And my parents bought me all that Girl Scout stuff
47. And I would read from that thick green book in my bed with the built-in bookshelves and light at night
48. I love that book. I loved what it said. I loved the FEELING it gave me. I even loved the smell
49. And the Trees book my father bought me
50. And the Birds book too.
51. And J. bought me a Trees book just like it, a few short years ago
52. And some of the Girl Scout books too.
53. That was SO sweet. But I’m also grateful that I don’t NEED that kind of thing anymore.
54. That although his leaving, was THE most incredibly almost-unbearably painful thing I could even imagine, and I literally begged God to let me die, some good has come from it!
55. That I am more grown up than years ago.
56. Anyway, back to this morning. And I put on my slippers.
57. So that means I HAVE slippers
58. And my robe.
59. So that means I HAVE a robe.
60. and could find them both. House messy as been so sick again: (
61. Walked on red oak floors. Lucky too.
62. Am about to turn on the humidifier.
63. Have good list of what need to do. And it is realistic and not overbearing. Taking it easy but getting done.
64. Bookcases. J. got them. Used. I would never have done that. But he was right. And they are good.
65. The feel of the birds’ feet on me. I have ALWAYS wanted to share my life with other species.
66. Their “birdsong”
67. My feet
68. My vision. MY vision. EXACTLY as it is!
69. My new Stitch ‘n Zip kit.
70. My lilac yarn J bought me
71. And that I’ve been enjoying doing both. Calmly. Slowly. Gently.
72. That I CHOOSE to not live like an invalid old lady anymore!
73. Email
74. IMing
75. Earrings
76. My hair.
77. That I even HAVE hair.
78. Humor
79. That I – gulp – wrote to 3 guys from dating site last night. Omg.
80. And that it felt good
81. And – that I don’t care if nothing at all comes of it!
82. This
83. “Don’t let what you can not do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
84. Streams
85. Woods
86. Nature
87. Rocks
88. BIRDS!
89. That I do believe, after ALL my research and experience, that I have truly found the perfect “pets” for me! I can give them enough. And enjoy them. And bring them happiness. I am so grateful!
90. That I can function physically.
91. My liver
92. Kidneys
93. Heart
94. Lungs
95. Good blood pressure
96. Just read great article about “The seven compelling habits of really healthy people:” quality rest, nutrient- dense diet, massage, yoga, acupressure , old baths , positive attitude http://wakeup-world.com/2013/03/05/discover-the-seven-habits-of-exceedingly-healthy-people/
97. This
98. Oh. And this this this!
99. And this too
100. And – that I am about to CLEAN THE DEN! So grateful that am ABLE to. And so grateful that am WILLING to.

No comments:

Post a Comment