Saturday, April 13, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:Summer on viewer's left and Jewel on viewer's right

1. My birdies yesterday, came to my finger and perched with their name and the word, “Up.”
2. And for the first time, I was able to put little seeds in the palm of my hand and Jewel ate from there too.
3. And today, I went to the STORE to buy fresh greens for them!
4. And – they are eating them already
5. And – that also means I’m eating them too!
6. I have found that they do NOT like apples or blueberries or strawberries. Or cooked greens (collards, spinach, broccoli, green beans), although they will eat a LITTLE of the spinach. But they love fresh raw (organic) greens. Kale, spinach, various lettuces,…
7. I did the credit card thing. Finished
8. Since first thing, when I got up and gave them fresh greens and cleaned up their seed with pellet dish (blow off top = empty hulls) and gave them one dish of fresh tap and one of fresh spring water, birds have been chirping and flying and playing. It is so lovely. SO lovely!
9. My piano practice is going better
10. I will try to do the banking today and the food shopping for mother and the paying her people! Even if just briefly. Really should do. And grateful that not as sick as was and should be able to
11. Maybe buy new toy for birdies too, and definitely more seed
12. I am glad tha I know they need fruits and eggies
13. And can give them to them
14. And that they did seem to eat a little of the orange slice last night
15. And yesterday we had two sessions of them on me
16. And I got the idea to put their activity center just outside the cage and leave it for a few days. It will mean I have to really contort to get through the room but that’s ok!
17. And then maybe few days by few days, move my hand closer and eventually out the open door of cage till then are perching on it!
18. See if we can get them to there. Could take months. That’s ok.
19. And that if not, I will have to find someone to come here and clip their wings. But that’s ok too
20. A is not giving up easily. In a way that makes me feel good. Desirable. (In another way I think he’s just trying the one he thinks he has hope with).
21. And I’m very grateful that I’ve not been giving in
22. And that I’m becoming less attached. Phew.
23. I am so grateful that God gave me the courage to do the things I was afraid of this week
24. And that I’m less afraid than I used to be.
25. Much less afraid
26. And of far fewer things
27. That dog is happy with J. because she’s not usually alone. She was crying when I’d leave in the mornings here
28. That I now have life in this house other than me! Thank you, Birds! And thank you, Self, for doing that for yourself!
29. The Golden Girls repeats. They help me feel good.
30. Slippers. My feet don’t get cols anymore
31. Coughing less
32. That my body heals. I am at a stage and an age where I still heal. Not dying yet.
33. Spring and summer walks coming.
34. The sound of flapping wings. It is beautiful
35. Former walks in the aquaduct with J.
36. And doggie off-leash
37. 7-11 coffee. For a treat now and then
38. my birdies are eating their fresh morning greens right now. Chomp chomp chomp. Yum yum yum. I am SO glad!
39. I just smiled. Yay
40. Maybe I WILL be with someone who loves me whom I love one day. : )
41. Hope
42. Art
43. Facebook art pages
44. Modern art – not the really avant garde but the cubists and so on
45. Thought
46. Other thinking people too
47. Someone posted today: “Everyone wonders why there is such a rise in depression, anger, anxiety and violent behavior in society. I wonder if anyone has considered the fact that the meat the American population consumes comes from factory-bred farm animals that have been terrorized, frustrated, confined and frightened to the extreme; and that those agitated emotional states are embodied in the meat so produced; and that in consuming that meat, those emotional states might well be brought to bear upon the consumer.” That is how I feel too.
48. The fb page “Romancing Your Soul”
49. My piano
50. Saturday. Can stay home and heal and not worry about anything at work
51. That I do love my job
52. National Geographic, when I was little
53. And Wild Kingdom too
54. This post from a real kid’s writing! Wow!
55. Myers Briggs
56. Good courses I’ve taken
57. Dancing I’ve done
58. And there will be more
59. And soon too!
60. Counting exercise class lol
61. Organic peanut butter
62. Water
63. Salad
64. Cooked greens
65. Broccoli
66. Hummus
67. Tea
68. 2 cups of hot tea today
69. and 2 cups of hot coffee today. Wow.
70. Wheeling the birds into the l.r. while I practice or play piano. That’s luxury too
71. Grats. The whole practice of it
72. That I’m doing it daily again now.
73. The mornings I enjoyed in L’s office doing my blog while he was on his computer. Especially after sex.
74. I HAVE had a lot of yummy times in my life!
75. And there are many more to come!
76. Yay
77. Sleep. I am so grateful that I do sleep!
78. Men. I like men.
79. Women. My best friends are women.
80. Medicine when needed
81. The WONDERFUL fb called rawforbeaty. It is not really so much about beauty, but about health.
82. That I was at the Tate Museum in London. Lucky me!
83. Thich Nhat Hanh
84. This, from fb page Abuse No More, today: You don't need everyone to like you. You are a piece of art. Not everyone is going to see your beauty. Its your people that matter and if they don't like it forget about them! Stop being a people pleaser because when you go around pleasing everyone but yourself... you are the one that gets hurt. You deserve better than that!
85. This:
86. Friends. Including O
87. And M
88. And MA
89. And St.
90. And even colleagues. Including L
91. And d
92. And B
93. And N
94. And G
95. Swimming
96. And that M’s girls are swimming right now
97. That 5 years or so ago, when I was under doctor’s orders to not talk – not make a sound – for 2 weeks – I DID it! Four vocal chord conditions but I DID it!
98. And healed totally
99. My spirituality
100. Spring and summer coming
101. M just called
102. We WILL get sunshine on our faces again…
103. God. Thank you, God.

2 comments: