Saturday, April 20, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. Recent night when Summer and Jewel ate the millet seed from my palm. I don’t know how far we’ll get – although I THINK we’ll get to freedom for them, whatever it takes lol. But I am enjoying the moment. And I think they are too. The feel of both of these little flighted creatures in my hand – is magical. I am so grateful.
2. M this morning on phone
3. MA
4. My IMing with A today
5. And last night
6. My standing true to myself lately more
7. Great fb posts
8. People who care for me
9. My birds. The dear ones.
10. Their singing.
11. That M commented on it this morning as sounding so happy and pretty in the background
12. And that my mother did too (both on phone)
13. And that my mother asked me last night, because it was too hard for me to talk, “Just one thing. How are your pets?”
14. Louise L. Hay
15. Her book, “I Can Heal My Life
16. The fact that it was given to me when my life REALLY needing healing, as it does now, - BUT I WAS WITH J. So that is important for me to remember. It is NOT like things were so great then either! What about the 8 months of virtually no ability to speak. The pneumonia. And so on.
17. That I’m going to go look at that book again TODAY. Hope can find it!
18. AND the book “The Secret.”
19. And another reminder that I felt I needed it so much the day it came out on Oprah – and I was with J then too.
20. This
21. Hot tea
22. Hot coffee
23. Hot soup. All today. See a theme? Lol
24. Books
25. Pencils. Really
26. My studies
27. All this birdsong
28. Penicillin
29. That I can afford the prescription
30. That I do not have an alcohol problem. Like, I like wine sometimes, but cannot have when sick and thank God that is a non-issue. I would hate to add that to everything.
31. Millit. For the birdy dears
32. Ezekial bread
33. That I gave birdies nice cool fresh water (like every day)
34. That I HAVE that for them
35. That they are in my life!
36. That I wheel them into l.r. for piano
37. And they love it
38. And I have OTHER variety in mind for them too! : )
39. And that I’m not living in the future – “When they can… … …_ but enjoying the MOMENT – MOMENTS – with my dear boys
40. I love them. I am grateful for that.
41. I had one almost normal breath today.
42. And now a second.
43. Maybe the penicillin is working. Oh I hope so!
44. Rainbows
45. The ones I have seen with J.
46. That I have a stove
The stew my mom made up for me when I became vegetarian in 1990: Mom's Vegetable Stew
My precious mom devised this for me when I first became vegetarian, almost 21 years ago, and she didn't understand that but wanted to support it and be able to cook for me

*Filling and Delicious
Can have with a salad too or some nice whole grain Italian type bread
I love it hot, warm, or cold from fridge!
Even on a sandwich!

Add a little oil to a pot, and add garlic powder. Hot pepper (flakes) optional.

Blend one 28 ox. can crushed tomatoes in blender.

Add to pot and put gas on. Add 1/2 can of water.

Add two peeled potatoes, cut into pieces.

Add baby carrots and 1 pkg. frozen string beans.

Can also add 1 small can Le Seur peas.

let simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours - and test carrots with fork to make sure they are tender.

While simmering, stir every once in a while.

***It is much better than it sounds, and "sticks to your ribs."
47. My ongoing conversation with A today
48. People who trust me
49. People whom I can really trust
50. This blog
51. YOU!
52. My mother’s love. Unconditional. Forever.
53. Beautiful music
54. My little inexpensive stereo
55. Electricity
56. The dates I used to have with the 3 close girlfriends at Pizza ‘n Brew 4 x a year (at least once for each b’day)
57. My hands. Thank God for my hands.
58. Sex. I will have some again sometime lol
59. My hair
60. The books about the Tudors I’ve read for so many years.
61. Nice men
62. And, although I know MANY nice men, I have recently met a few real pigs. So may I say, I am grateful for the men who aren’t pigs.
63. Kindness
64. Compassion
65. Compassion for non-human beings too
66. And plants
67. And minerals
68. Mother Earth
69. Me and my mom on Thanksgiving.
70. The great time we had
71. And the food
72. And the making brownies while we played Scrabble – like 2 12-year-olds on a sleepover : ) So sweet.
73. That my school(s) has (have) been safe (so far).
74. The innocence of children
75. All innocent people
76. Humor
77. Good movies
78. Sitcoms that just help me feel good
79. Relaxation
80. Saturday off
81. Beautiful fresh natural scents
82. Grass
83. Trees
84. Flowers
85. Including wildflowers
86. Shrubs
87. Bushes
88. The pretty sky
89. And the sky through the treetops
90. Wolves
91. Bunnies
92. Chipmunks
93. That second graders always seem to call rabbits bunnies : )
94. Fresh fruit
95. Fresh veggies
96. Frozen veggies
97. Every single time I’ve gone swimming
98. That beach where my grandparents, parents, and I have been a million times
99. And Ji
100. And dear J.
101. ALL the WONDERFUL times I’ve had at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment