Thursday, April 18, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. My safe drive this morning
2. All my safe drives
3. My time in London last year
4. Thich Nhat Hanh
5. That his words are showing up on so many facebook posts that come to me now.
6. My birds
7. The poem I wrote about them today
8. People who are nice to each other
9. Vegetables
10. Fruits
11. Water
12. My cell phone
13. That I am able to support myself
14. Libraries
15. And Dale Carnegie for starting them
16. And his book, “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living,” which I read when I was going through a really hard time last time
17. And Gail Sheehy’s book, “Pathfinders” (not Passages, but Pathfinders) which I also found very helpful at that same time.
18. My principal’s smile
19. That the computer teacher has turned so helpful
20. That my party for the kids yesterday went so well
21. And that they (unlike last year’s – the worse class I EVER had) were thankful!
22. Books
23. Facebook
24. Email
25. Laptops
26. My car
27. I am grateful for non-dairy milks.
28. And especially organic ones.
29. People who help others in emergencies
30. My new cousin. Few days old
31. And that mother and baby are healthy. (OLD first-time mom!)
32. Landline phone
33. Mrs. B, my piano teacher growing up.
34. And that we became friends when I was a grown-up.
35. The swimming we did together.
36. And the visits
37. And the visits at the house of the composer.
38. Where we would even swim in HER yard
39. With rabbits and chipmunks coming by
40. And how we would lie on the chaise lounges reading the NY Times
41. Every airplane flight I’ve had
42. And that they’ve all been safe.
43. Even the one with the 4-hour delay.
44. YOU if you’re reading any of this blog!
45. EJ
46. JJ
47. Birdie
48. Pretty colors.
49. ALL colors.
50. Birds walking on my arm yesterday
51. AND coming to me even though no food
52. AND I think they know the word “Up.” They follow as per their will, but I do think they know it.
53. That Summer is SUCH a gymnast! Like a trapeze artist, the way she plays.
54. That I emailed the principal today with the GREAT thing that comp. teacher did – so cool. (I do NOT talk AGAINST people – this was special, and positive).
55. That Teddy Roosevelt started the national parks
56. That we HAVE the national parks
57. That I just overheard someone sharing that fact…(about T.R.)
58. Nature
59. People who “hunt” with CAMERAS!
60. Chrystals
61. Rocks
62. River stones
63. Sand
64. Oceans
65. Rivers
66. Lakes
67. Streams
68. That my birds eat greens
69. And pellets
70. As well as seed
71. And millet – which they LIVE FOR lol – and which I use as training treat!
72. Nook
73. iPad – all = luxuries not necessities
74. Colleagues are nice to me. I remember that horrible 2-year period with the awful ones who weren’t! omg! (not just to me)
75. Thich Nhat Hanh books
76. Mindfulness meditation
77. And that’s it’s in the mainstream media now too
78. And Oprah doing that big interview article with TNH
79. I am grateful that although I am still having trouble breathing from being sick, I CAN breathe. On my OWN. Thank God.
80. And that I can see
81. And type
82. And walk
83. And talk
84. And hear
85. And drive
86. And “swim” at least enough for fun – leisure
87. My students
88. Good movies
89. The names Summer, and Jewel.
90. I am grateful that I have my meals each day. It is a real PROBLEM, my eating disorder (binge…) But it must be far worse having to worry about whether to get enough of anything into belly to just survive.
91. Fun pranks
92. Photos
93. That I HAVE a home. God it needs so much work. Broken. And tiny. But I HAVE shelter.
94. People who are understanding
95. And spiritual
96. D, for sharing so much of her exercise with me! She spent TIME on this!
97. Nice hair
98. Nice eyes
99. Good feet
100. My hands

No comments:

Post a Comment