Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My 100 Gratitudes Today

I am grateful:

1. And get back to work tomorrow, I hope. Even dreamt about it last night. Miss work! Miss good easy breathing and feelng well.
2. Not as bad as was yesterday though. Thankful for THAT!
3. And for Thich Nhat Hanh
4. For friends
5. For good sub plans
6. For hope
7. For the birds
8. And the joy they bring
9. And thinking I bring them good things too…
10. For O.
11. And the things she’s taught me about the low notes
12. Instant coffee. For when I run out of real
13. Broccoli!
14. My age. I DO wish I were younger, with so much to learn and all. But I am grateful that I’m not older AT THIS POINT, as I still have time maybe
15. For the guy who’s about to donate so much to the Met.
16. Cubist paintings
17. Parks
18. Beaches
19. Beading on the beach that day with J. At end of worst teaching year ever
20. Interesting dreams last night
21. People who care
22. God
23. Inspirational posts
24. What faith I have
25. Children
26. Animal sanctuaries
27. Poetry
28. Poets
29. Creative painters
30. Buddha
31. People who help
This quote: Whether you believe in God or not does not matter much, whether you believe in Buddha or not does not matter so much; as a Buddhist, whether you believe in reincarnation or not does not matter so much. You must lead a good life.

— His Holiness The Dalai Lama
32. And this one: “Sometimes Your Heart Needs More Time to Accept What Your Mind Already Knows
And his one: Marianne Williamson
If you have a decision to make, close your eyes and ask Spirit for guidance. What you hear may startle you, but that doesn't mean it's not the right answer. It's coming from a part of your consciousness that knows more about the future than you could possibly know. Place all decisions in God's hands...
33. I am grateful that I can breathe on my own
34. And walk
35. And talk
36. And see
37. And hear
38. And that my heart beats
39. And my blood is good
40. And my liver
41. And my kidneys
42. And my elimination systems
43. And my stomach
44. And my brain
45. My feet
46. My skin
47. Seashells
48. My high school piano teacher
49. The jewelry she gave me
50. Good quality books
51. Kind people
52. People who keep confidences
53. This: A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering.

— Siddhārtha Gautama
54. This: "You are like a candle. Imagine you are sending light out all around you. All your words, thoughts and actions are going in many directions. If you say something kind, your kind words go in many directions, and you yourself go with them. We are transforming and continuing in a different form at every moment."

~Thich Nhat Hanh
55. And this: “Staying Present in the Moments of our Lives is the Only way living makes sense. Otherwise we miss the journey completely.”
56. Music
57. L helping me appreciate it
58. That I can make it on the piano too
59. When my mood is up.
60. Email from L
61. IM from A
62. M’s help
63. That I am employed
64. And own a home
65. Almost finished with mortgage
66. Am fair and kind
67. A mercy seasons justice kind of person
68. Shakespeare
69. My father’s unconditional acceptance
70. And appreciation
71. And love
72. My mother’s too
73. This: “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” Michael Jordan
74. Good doctors
75. That I have my eye drops
76. Anti-biotics for when needed
77. That I have swam in the sound
78. And in pools
79. And danced many times
80. And still can
81. “The Secret”
82. All the wisdom I did get from J.
83. My TWO honeymoons – lol
84. Especially the one with J
85. Mindfulness meditation
86. Organic potatoes
87. Fresh parsley
88. Onions
89. “What you focus on grows stronger.”
90. This: “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are you would never think a negative thought again.”
91. Water
92. Compassion
93. All non-GMO foods
94. Local fresh in season available soon
95. Park nearby. Ability to walk in it
96. All the happiness I had with doggie
97. And doggie before her too
98. That I think doggie is good for J.
99. And he for her
100. Ww.

No comments:

Post a Comment