Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Magic June 24


June 24

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have found this exercise program,
because although I never want to START as I’d rather sit around having coffee and doing grats and on fb, I already FEEL the difference! And – I’m losing weight too!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the course I’m going to take this summer, and the fact that I signed up,
because not only is it “good for me” to keep busy… and a colleague I really like is going too. But mainly because I am really looking forward to it! That is a nice feeling!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for luxuries! So many luxuries!
Because even those of which I’m thinking now are numerous and very fortunate:. Coffe, sofa, a/c, birds, laptop, time to sit and enjoy it all, doing grats, tv, electricity for lights too, … my mornings. Food for breakfast, food for lunch, water, exercise dvd, thick “mat” which is really a thing you put in the bottom of a tent for sleeping on…
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for friends,
because how lonely would life be without them? And how comforting it is with them. And how much more fun.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have garbage pickup,
because it is still a difficulty for me to handle THIS. I cannot IMAGINE having to DRIVE IT somewhere! THANK YOU for garbage pickup.
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the healthy shake I have for a snack,
because it is actually filled with nutrition and feels kind of like a treat.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for eating all real food (except for that shake),
because it is good for my:
health
longer life
energy
emotions
strength and energy.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for not craving junk!
Because it is hard to believe it but I’m not! Yes sometimes I want to overeat at night, but not craving junk!!!! THAT is the reward of eating so well, so cleanly! Omg!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for not going to OA meetings,
because  they are wonderful things, but not right for me right now. I am so glad for THIS program. For now. We’ll see.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for this day of life.
Because I do so vividly remember NOT feeling that way! And I DO now. Am SO grateful for that!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      Yesterday I got up and took my time having coffee and doing grats.
2.      Then I did the exercise.
3.      It was lower body, which is my favorite.
4.      ALREADY – ALREADY – I feel the difference! I can FELL my muscles. Like an awareness throughout the day. And more STRENGTH in my legs. At work yesterday, shoulders and legs doing their jobs and back not so engaged. And this morning up and down stairs a LOT and felt different than EVER in many many years or maybe EVER ever! THAT is motivation to continue!
5.      Lots fun good things to do with students yesterday. Happy, sharing, smiling, determined to give them a nice day.
6.      Aide stayed and I paid her so that we worked all afternoon after kids left. Will again today.
7.      I pretty much finished all jobs except classroom packing. That’s something anyway. Must finish today and tomorrow as she can’t stay tomorrow and I can’t be left in the hot humid classroom with the heavy work. I think we will, though.
8.      Just – that I smiled a LOT yesterday. Am grateful for that. Is good to do.
9.      Was sore and achy and just rested. Glad for the opportunity to rest.
10.   Slept. A lot. Was restorative. Had bad dreams, but was restorative sleep.
11.   Got the garbage out. Phew. REALLY needed to!
12.   Smiling now, sitting here with coffee, doing this and IMing with A in other window.
13.   Really looked forward to grats this morning
14.   Did Magic Rock practice last night. Love that practice.
15.   MA called
16.   And M too. Nice
17.   Nice little chat with mother.
I am very very lucky.

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment