Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Magic June 14


June 14

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have seen the post of the wonderful park rangers who got the dying man from hospice out to the woods where he wanted to see one last time.,
Because I am so grateful that this happened for HIM, and because it reminds me to be grateful for THIS day of mine, and because it reminds me to get more nature into MY life. I am grateful for these good people and what they did.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for helping every kid I’ve helped,
because that’s one way I KNOW I’ve made a difference.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for every lighthearted moment,
because I do believe that life is to be ENJOYED!
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for this day off,
because I NEED to clean up and do laundry. AND PAY BILLS!!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have lettuces here and spinach and broccoli, and bird store not too far away,
because they and I can all have good foods.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for the friendship MA and I have,
Because, among other things, I have offered to run up there and help and she has another helper instead, as knows all I have with end of school packing etc and report cards etc and mother … … … . We are each a good friend to the other.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my abilities to cook, abilities everyone has
because those too, enable me to continue to eat better. (And better and better).
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for my French lessons,
because I do just love that language, and I am finally, really, learning it now!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for opportunities!
Because I am SO fortunate to have them! Right now, I have the following opportunities that I can think of (I’m sure many more, in fact): stay in and clean and do laundry today/ go out/ do both/ walk in nature/ see doggie/ go to movie/ shoot to city and meet L./ shop and cook/ visit mother/ go to bird store/ read/ do report cards/ nap/ watch tv/ visit friends/ help MA/ go to restaurant/ meditate/ play piano/ practice piano/ do French/ play with birds. And more! And that is just TODAY!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for new starts,
because I have always been sort of the queen of new starts lol. And finally – finally – instead of putting myself down for this quality, I appreciate it!
So really, I am grateful for the new starts, for my being “queen of new starts,” AND for acceptance and appreciation of this trait in myself.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!


2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I did go in.
2.      It was a relatively fun day.
3.      I was safe and sound and alive and healthy all day.
4.      I came home and vegged, which I think I needed also.
5.      I did offer to help MA, although I kind of can’t afford to, but in case she’s desperate.
6.      She said no. Phew.
7.      What good friends we are.
8.      I got a lovely thank you note from a parent.
9.      I did a very nice thing for a colleague.
10.   As he had done one for me and my class.
11.   He thanked me too.
12.   I was nice to D.
13.   I gave my kids a great day.
14.   I felt more – organized.
15.   Ate lunch in faculty room. Chatted with aides etc.
16.   Did some French! And carefully! And think I got THESE 12 questions 100% correct! Will continue today! Yay!
17.   Got email explaining about an opportunity for one week this summer. (Am deciding this weekend whether to take the opportunity.”
18.   Lay down when needed to last night.
19.   Birds flew (as always) Yay!
20.   Laughed. A day with laughter is, in actuality, a good day. And every day is a day with laughterJ


And so far today, I am grateful for these things:

1.      Slept in bed last night. Night 6.
2.      And did the Magic Rock practice before bed
3.      Awoke without alarm
4.      Talked with MA. LOVED that talk
5.      Talked with L. on phone
6.      Decided something about an upcoming course (to take it)
7.      IMing with A
8.      Had 2 coffees.
9.      Only had to heat them
10.   Gave birds great foods and fresh water
11.   Had breakfast. Desperately feel like overeating but haven’t.
12.   Weather is beautiful. Either I’ll get out in it, or errands, or at least use sunroom and do French with birds flying all around : )
13.   Tv funny and light

J:
1.      Thank you, J., for the nice time last Sat.
2.      Thank you, J., for the hope.
3.      Thank you, J., for the laughter.
4.      Thank you, J., for potential dates coming up.
5.      Thank you, J., for your integrity.
And me:
1.      Thank you, Self, for your acceptance of him with all his flaws too
2.      Thank you, Self, for your ability to grow and learn AND CHANGE. I am proud of you!
3.      Thank you, Self, for your hope
4.      Thank you, Self, for your KNOWLEDGE NOW, that you will accept either way it goes!
5.      Thank you, Self, for stepping outside your comfort zone, and sometimes far and frequently, and therefore growing SO MUCH and being able to do SO MUCH MORE! And ENJOYING life better, even in moments alone at time.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Health
1.      Thank you, Lungs and good whole clean deep breaths. Thank you thank you thank you!
2.      Thank you, Hands, for the typing and bird petting and piano and cooking and kind touch on a child’s face and carrying things… Thank you thank you thank you!
3.      Thank you, Eyes. You seem stronger than ever! I am SO GRATEFUL that I can see! Thank you thank you thank you!
4.      I am so grateful that I can hear!
5.      I am SO GRATEFUL that I can WALK. And exercise! Have the capability!
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment