Monday, June 16, 2014

The Magic June 16


June 16

Count your blessings. Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you’re grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.

I am truly blessed to have offered to help MA again and again,
because she always said no, but yesterday was feeling more desperate and almost asked for the help so I’m glad I didn’t give up. (I’m also glad for all the times she said no. Does not take advantage!).
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for THIS morning!
Because I awakened a little before alarm re-set, and just loved being in my bed and the warm comforting colors, and got up to coffee and am – okay. Phew.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for  being able to say to myself yesterday, THIS is my life. At THIS moment. And be good with it.
Because I could NOT always feel that! Certainly not these last few years! And – life IS, as Thich Nhat Hanh says, only available in the current moment.
And it meant I was NOT living in the past or even the future at that moment in the car.
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the very healthy breakfast I just had.
Because I had 2 coffees, as usual (sometimes one or 1 ½) AND organic oat flakes and organic bran and cinnamon and organic banana. Goody.
Very lucky.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly blessed to have A’s financial reminders this am,
because I need to make up for the stupid years. And I will do all can, and WILL be ok.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so happy and grateful for my having signed up for the course this summer,
because I do do better when have something to go to and to do. Out of self and isolation and own thoughts only.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am truly grateful for my aide,
because her help this week will be invaluable. (I even had anxiety dream about her being absent lol)
Thank you thank you thank you!

With all my heart, thank you for the tinker toys and legos for the classroom MA gave and is giving me!
Because I can even rotate them and keep things fresh next year!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for these deep breaths.
Because I didn’t always have them. Oh my gosh I feel like I will never take them for granted. I used to actually struggle for breath! Now I have deep breaths. Oh thank you!
Thank you thank you thank you!

I am so incredibly fortunate and lucky and grateful for my eyesight.
Because all together of course. But also – it seems stronger lately. Maybe it’s these Andrew Lessman Ultimate Eye Support vitamins. And healthier eating. And psychologocially not avoiding looking at reality. I don’t know… I’m just so grateful.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!



2. Remember The magic by counting the blessings of yesterday and writing them down. Ask yourself the question: What are the good things that happened yesterday? Scan the surface of yesterday until you feel satisfied that you’ve remembered and written down all the blessings of the day.

1.      I felt good. It started regular, and I wasn’t looking forward to the things I ha to do. But
2.      I called MA to offer support and see what she needed help-wise, despite the fact that I could have been overwhelmed myself. She needed! She is in late 70’s and trying to pack a 4 bedroom house, and has a serious lung condition called interstitial lung disease. So I got washed up , threw on clothes, and went
3.      I had awakened nicely. In my bed. Slept as long as wanted. And not TOO late.
4.      I was there for 3 hours and 45 minutes. And I WORKED.
5.      And I HELPED her! Yay!
6.      We got through a lot. Our whole plan. Good.
7.      And we took a short lunch break; I’d brought lunch just in case.
8.      And then she needed oxygen and a nap plus I’d done all she felt could for the day, so I left.
9.      I felt so – energized. Like, “If I can do this for her I can do this for me too.”
10.   So, I came home and threw in my laundry.
11.   And – while it was in, I caught up on all my straightening (so far. Like, not new things like closets and drawers or dresser top, but to get to where I was last week or a little better).
12.   So I did that and then went shopping for my mother.
13.   And she was well yay.
14.   She has had lots of visitors lately. J for extra time, and Ma, and Mar. And me of course. I am so glad.
15.   And I bought my stuff while at supermarket too.
16.   I have much healthy stuff in the house.
17.   And some things that are not organic but oh well.
18.   Came home and put is ALL away. Not like, put the fridge stuff away and leave bags of detergent and paper goods on d.r. floor for “some other time.”
19.   Watched a little tv
20.   Chatted with A
21.   MA called
22.   M had called earlier too.
23.   Slept. Funky dreams again. But so glad slept.
24.   Birds were out all over house a lot! : )
25.   I just felt so – good – functioning. And being out in the GLORIOUS weather. And helping a friend. And doing for myself.
26.   And - I love my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment